Nicole/Geoff

I started talking about this couple in Aus discussion, but realized I'd probably bore everyone to death with my in-depth review of them in particular :P

Like I said in there, I think Geoff and Nicole are the best teen couple at the moment. Jai and Annie aren't happening enough, Belle and Aden are happening too much, and Ruby and Xavier... I really have no idea what's happening there, to be honest. I guess the closest you could get to competition when it comes to couples, would be Belle and Aden. Now I liked Belle and Aden when they first started out, now not so much anyway. I think the key here is character development. While Belle and Aden getting together sort of made them both more stable because Aden finally started dealing with his past and all, I think Nicole and Geoff were forced to compromise much more when they got together, and that has made them continuously developing characters.

Belle and Aden are sort of just there, dealing with their own stuff, while Nicole and Geoff has this whole thing where they have to deal with their values vs. their relationship because they're so different. I was watching Nicole after the memorial election today, and I thought to myself how much she has changed. She has truly woken up to herself and become a lot more honest about her true colours. Geoff has been forced to question his moral values based on religion, and try to fit his values into that relationship. Even when it's not a direct issue, like it was when they were trying to figure out whether to have sex or not, it's so obvious they're both trying to balance their own values with the values of the other person, and I don't think you see that very often in the teen relationship storylines.

I think these differences has forces the two character to be more honest, and I think that happens to make the relationship more believable, like you almost feel like you're closer to that couple than to the others, if that makes sense. Even when they have their differences, it's never really DRAMA in the teen storyline sense, it seems more like genuine issues brought on by their differences. With most other teen couples, including Belle and Aden, I feel more like it's just drama, even when it's emotional storylines, because we're not really as close to that couple as we are with Nicole and Geoff, emotionally. (I hate myself for sounding so soppy, I'm not sentimental, I promise!)

In addition to this, it is of course important with chemistry, and I think Nicole and Geoff have great chemistry on screen, much more than Aden and Belle have ever had, except maybe for a very few scenes before they actually got together the first time. I really don't hope Nicole and Geoff break up, because I think without Nicole, Geoff's character will be done. She's what keeps him a good character now, and I don't think he'd work well as a single character anymore, especially not since Annie has become so much more independent. So if this relationship turns out to be over any time soon. I think the only way to keep Geoff interesting would be to involve him in another similar storyline, meaning a storyline where his feelings are tested against his values. And by that I mean he should hook up with Aden, but that's a whole different story.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah well seems like there are new spoilers out which confirm that Geoff and Nicole are over.

Which is a real shame

and there has been mention of Adena and Nicole . :angry::unsure:

I'll be glad to see the back of Geoff and Nicole's mis-matched relationship, but unfortunately I doubt this will be a permanent split. Aden and Nicole is just a stupid red-herring, to sell the magazine, nothing will happen between them, but Belle gets jealous because she's a drugged up nut-case at the moment.

Edited by Jamey-Maria
Same as above

I do think Aden and Nicole would work better with each other than Belle and Geoff but yeah, I doubt they'd split up Aden and Belle or Geoff and Nicole permanently, so I hope it is a load of nothing rather than a five minute relationship before they get back together with their "proper" partners.

Thinking about it Aden and Nicole do make sense as a couple but it would have happened by now if it was going to happen. Their relationship is more brother/sister like now, IMO.

Im very disapointed to read that Nicole and Geoff break up. I hope that it wont be permanant

Im getting sick of Geoffs behaviour at the moment. He is is soooo jelous he really needs to lighten up a bit!

Thinking about it Aden and Nicole do make sense as a couple but it would have happened by now if it was going to happen. Their relationship is more brother/sister like now, IMO.

Im very disapointed to read that Nicole and Geoff break up. I hope that it wont be permanant

Im getting sick of Geoffs behaviour at the moment. He is is soooo jelous he really needs to lighten up a bit!

Well, I think the fact they're even bringing up the subject of Aden and Nicole suggests it's still a possibility.(Do I need to mention my Ric and Mattie analogy again?I think even I'm tired of hearing it.)

But I don't think we've heard the last of Geoff and Nicole.

I really don't hope Nicole and Geoff break up, because I think without Nicole, Geoff's character will be done. She's what keeps him a good character now, and I don't think he'd work well as a single character anymore, especially not since Annie has become so much more independent.

That's the worry I have too. I like Geoff as an individual and with Nicole (Although not so much the way he's being at the minute), but I do think he has a lot more depth when he's with Nicole. Before he got with her, I was baffled as to why either he or Annie were still around, because they both seemed like spare parts. Nicole added something to Geoff that made him appealing and fun, but the attitude he has at the minute is shocking. I hope that - if they do break up - it'll give him a slap back to reality and they'll work throught their problems and hopefully go back to having fun.

• 3 months later...

I love this couple and have since Nicole came to the Bay last year. Its great how they are still good friends, with Geoff still supporting and caring for Nicole during the sex tape incident with Trey and all that stuff with Roman. Im really not too keen on Claudia so it makes me like Nicole and Geoff together even more. Hopefully the writers will put these two back together and make me smile! Though im not sure how it will turn out!