Nicole/Geoff

I agree on the Melody/Aden issue but that's for another thread.

Oddly, I find Geoff and Nicole to be one of the few realistic couples. They fight and they disagree and things get in between their relationship (and i'm not talking about the OTT stuff that served as coflict between Aden and Belle) they even decided at one point to stay apart because they were to different. It's also taken a long time for them to get to where they are, Geoff chose, rightfully, Melody over Nicole a long time ago and they then went through a period of awkward friends which again had their fights (the camp incident) and then Geoff realised he liked her because she was acting like a real person now, or at least less like a shallow brat and then after they finally got together it was a pretty rough road, but i think if the writers wanted both characters to keep their personalaties that was necessary.

It may be the reason that they don't last in the long run, but i think their differences and more accurately their willingness to voice those opinions makes them extremely interesting, i always got the opinion with Geoff/Melody that had her mother not interfeared then everything would have been peaceful and happy and great constanty, which isn't a bad thing, it's just a bit boring.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree on the Melody/Aden issue but that's for another thread.

Oddly, I find Geoff and Nicole to be one of the few realistic couples. They fight and they disagree and things get in between their relationship (and i'm not talking about the OTT stuff that served as coflict between Aden and Belle) they even decided at one point to stay apart because they were to different. It's also taken a long time for them to get to where they are, Geoff chose, rightfully, Melody over Nicole a long time ago and they then went through a period of awkward friends which again had their fights (the camp incident) and then Geoff realised he liked her because she was acting like a real person now, or at least less like a shallow brat and then after they finally got together it was a pretty rough road, but i think if the writers wanted both characters to keep their personalaties that was necessary.

It may be the reason that they don't last in the long run, but i think their differences and more accurately their willingness to voice those opinions makes them extremely interesting, i always got the opinion with Geoff/Melody that had her mother not interfeared then everything would have been peaceful and happy and great constanty, which isn't a bad thing, it's just a bit boring.

I agree with every single word of that. I also like the fact it gives the impression that if things didn't work out in the logn run, it would be something they would both prepare themselves for. Of course they would want the relationship to work, but even if it doesn't, I think they have the right amount of respect for each other to accept their differences and move on, hopefully salvaging a friendship from it.

I also agree about Geoff choosing Melody over Nicole rightfully a long time ago. But that's what it was: A long time ago. All 3 characters have adjusted in different ways since that time and I don't think the Geoff and Melody we have at this stage would sit right in a relationship without it being one that grew boring quickly. With Geoff and Nicole, they still have a lot to learn, both about themselves and about each other. It's watching that develop that makes it more exciting. Even if there is no major moments. After all, pretty much every couple in H&A have major kerfuffles when they get together and most of them never last. Geoff and Nicole could have a chance if they get to know each other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...