Nicole/Geoff

Geoff has strong christian beliefs and I can see where some of you are coming from. He seems to be quite inconsitent with the way he acts in regards to his religious beliefs but if you have been stuck on an island for a few hours/days your rational thinking degrades yourself slightly so I dont blame Geoff or Nicole for that matter for their actions, you have to also try and understand that situations like that also end up with something regretable. It isnt like Geoff didnt regret it afterwards and even more supringsly Nicole agreed that they werent right for each other, after a few week of not being together they managed to compromise and find a middle ground in the relationship and it is for that reason that I actually really like them as a couple.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i agree with the comment above i really like there relationship too, althought i do think geoff still has slight feelings for melody! but i think he to loved up with nicole now for melody to matter lets hope im not wrong! geoff does have very strong christain beliefs but i think he also has abit of a naughty side to him with attracts him more towards nicole, and puts melody in the 'friend zone' just my opinion

This year the writers need to give Geoff and Nicole something else to do. What Melody is going through is an important issue, one that doesn't get enough attention on TV as it is, and I'm sure theres alot of people watching who can relate to it(whilst most would rather turn a blind eye to it and wish it of our screens, theres alot of us who appreciate the writers shining a light on this), so this storyline deserves to be treated with respect. I'm tired of the writers using this storyline to give Geoff and Nicole something to do because they've run out idea's on what to do with them. This has become so clear because of the fact that apart from this they don't do anything. I get that Geoff had to play a part in this, and by default Nicole, but they have been giving more airtime to their issues because of it then Melody's. The season finale was a perfect example of that.

We saw Geoff and Nicole have three long scenes, talking about their relationship, when they were only really needed for that one with Melody

. And Melody's longest one was with them. For people who didn't have a big storyline of their own, in the finale, they took up way to much time in that episode. That time could have easily filled that Rachel and Bridgett or even the developers, something more worthy of a finale.

I think I could have accepted Geoff and Nicole sleeping together in principle but the problem was it was really badly done.There was no build-up, they shared their first kiss and suddenly they were having sex like Geoff had been doing it all his life.That was even more abrupt and out of character than Aden sleeping with Belle.There is a feeling that having got them together they don't really know what to do with them but we'll see how it pans out next year.

There is a feeling that having got them together they don't really know what to do with them

This is the most noticeable thing, for me, about them. It's like the writers don't know what to do with them any more. So they keep including them in the Mel storyline. Apart from that, really have nothing else to do. I feel it would have been better if they skipped that whole cheesy pregnancy scare stuff and had a long storyline arc about Geoff's struggle with going against his religious beliefs, then they might have been atleast a little interesting. I don't think they paid enough attention to that. It would have made for a nice serious storyline.

And that whole 'one kiss and they sleep together thing' puzzles me. Not even characters who tend to be very sexually active have sex with someone after just one kiss, most of the time. What was the purpose for that, except for the two week moral dilemma which just served to prolong them getting together.

Edited by Jody

OMG guess whattt!

I was visting my friend at work yesterday at like 2:15pm then at 2:30(after i just left) who should walk in but hottie Lincoln Lewis! :)

She told me last night and i was like omggggggggg.

Lucky as.

And she doesnt watch home and away so she didnt even know who he was.

Her manager person is like 50 and she ven knew i was like hahahahhahaha.

And she said he looks even hotter in real lifeee. :)

So anyone who lives on the Sunny Coast look out for him :D

She even served him and talked to him for a bit.

so yeahhh.

So jealous

There is a feeling that having got them together they don't really know what to do with them

This is the most noticeable thing, for me, about them. It's like the writers don't know what to do with them any more. So they keep including them in the Mel storyline. Apart from that, really have nothing else to do. I feel it would have been better if they skipped that whole cheesy pregnancy scare stuff and had a long storyline arc about Geoff's struggle with going against his religious beliefs, then they might have been atleast a little interesting. I don't think they paid enough attention to that. It would have made for a nice serious storyline.

And that whole 'one kiss and they sleep together thing' puzzles me. Not even characters who tend to be very sexually active have sex with someone after just one kiss, most of the time. What was the purpose for that, except for the two week moral dilemma which just served to prolong them getting together.

I actually don't think they NEED to do anything with them yet. They're both young and it's a fresh relationship that they're adjusting to. Simple as that. Dramas in the relationship can come alone later. IF we're nearing the end of Melody's involvement in their relationship, then I see no reason why they couldn't just allow Geoff and Nicole to have a simple, normal relationship. Even just for a small time. Focus on Melody's individual storyline (Or delve more into her interaction with Aden which, IMO, is ten times more interesting than her and Geoff) and let that slowly figure itself out.

If Geoff and Nicole split up because of the pressure of Melody constantly butting in, it would do nothing but make Melody seem selfish. Both Geoff and Nicole have been incredibly patient with Melody and that amazes me, because if I was either of them I'd have put her in her place ages ago, if only for her own sake. It isn't Nicole's fault Melody is still hung up on Geoff, nor is her fault they once were in a relaionship. Just as it isn't Geoff's fault he found himself attracted to Nicole. As far as he was concerned, he and Mel were over a while ago, there's no reason at all that why he shouldn't be allowed to move on. He wasn't to know Melody was going to be obsessed with him. The fact it was Nicole he fell for was just the way the coin fell, and it could have easily have been any other girl. Which raises the question of whather this would be such a big deal had this being any other girl but Nicole.

I love Nic and Geoff, they are so right and wrong for each at the same time its perfect. I love Nic's humour and Geoff's OTT principles and how they somehow muddle through to a relationship. They balance each other out and they fit together in way that Geoff and Melody don't. Geoff and Melody are too similar and Melody is too controlling. In a way Nic is letting Geoff be himself, Melody isn't.

Off topic, I know, but please no more Aden/Melody scenes.It's even more contrived than Aden/ Belle.Just because they happened to go crazy at the same time, suddenly they're best friends?I understood them spending time together in the clinic, they were both looking for a connection to their normal lives, even if it was someone they'd never spoken to before.But trying to turn him into a cuddly big brother figure is a horrible "pat the dog" idea.

Anyway...If they do split them up, then I agree they'll have to be very careful not to make anyone seem unlikeable as a result, which is why I think they're safe for a while and certainly that Geoff shouldn't go straight back to Melody if they do.It's a shame that there seems to be some contractual rule that characters have to appear every week because it often results in them being shoehorned into episodes that don't really need them.If Geoff and Nicole appear, it should be because there's a reason for them to do so, not so they can stand around in the background during someone else's storyline.It doesn't mean they have to have a big storyline or some sort of major drama but the relationship does need to be explored properly.