Nicole/Geoff

I think in a way Geoff is stringing both girls along, if after all the things Melody has done to try to break up Nicole and Geoff, he still agrees to go to the formal with her.. Maybe he is doing it unintentionally, but he is still giving false(?) hope for Melody, while expecting Nicole to keep up with him. IMO I see no difference in Nicole making a point intentionally trying to make Geoff jealous, while Geoff is "helping" his ex-girlfriend by taking her to a date.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to get shot but...I don't like these two as a couple. I actually think they are the ultimate cliche. Opposites attract...isn't that always the story? Aden and Belle, Mattie and Rick...I don't see anything new about this storyline and I think it is part of the reason I've begun to dislike Geoff.

He started as different and interesting - if judgemental and infuriating sometimes - but it showed him as someone who was his own person. He didn't feel the need to be like everyone else and I thought that showed a lot of strength of character. I thought him losing his virginity to Nicole on the island was a bit of a cop out but salvaged slightly by the followup with him insisting a "no more sex" rule and Nicole putting pressure on him, it was interesting to have the guy being the one pressured and it was interesting how some people took Nicole's side and thought Geoff was being selfish - if it was the other way around would people have been thinking "oh poor Geoff he just wants whats normal/natural..."? Now he's just "there" stuck between Nicole and Melody and not really doing anything. He could have prevented a lot of misunderstandings by making it clear to Melody from the beginning that he was definately not interested.

As for the other half of this duo...I prefer Nicole to Geoff and think that she will eventually get bored with him. I can't, however, seem to muster much sympathy for Nicole, either for what Melody tried to do or the situation with her mother (even if she is a pathetic excuse for a mum!). I'm not sure why this is.

Maybe because of the dislikes I have for them individually Geoff and Nicole as a couple, for me, is is predictable and dull. Nice boy/bad girl....he saves her and she shows him how to live...blah blah. Aden and Belle did it in reverse and much better imo.

LuvAden you just summed up everything I feel about this couple.

I also believe(and pointed it out a few times) that they are the ultimate cliche. The relationship they have can be found in almost every teen drama on T.V. I don't mind opposite attract storylines but this one just too predictable.

Them sleeping together on the island bugged me as well. Just months ago he was so nervous kissing a girl for the first time yet on the island one kiss and hes suddenly okay with sleeping with her. Geoffs religious beliefs was such a huge part of his character and I still find it hard to believe that all it took was one kiss(mind you from a girl he just decided he liked like almost two weeks ago) to make him forget about it. And for those who say that he always had feelings for Nicole from the start are wrong because yes he thought she was good looking(like any boy his age would)but the second he saw what she was really like he did anything he could to get away from her. This feelings only happenned after that random friendship they formed. It also annoyed me when brought up the no sex thing once they got back from the island that Nicole didn't even respect his decision for more than few hours. She was acting as if him not wanting to have sex with her made it seem like he didn't care. She treated his beliefs as if it was joke. And then she had the nerve to be upset with when he was upset that she wasn't taking that seriously.

It really is hard to feel sorry for Nicole. It seems like ever since the OC the writers have gone out of the way to turn her into a saint at the expense of Melodys character. Everyone seems to have completely forgotten what she used to be like. I love the way people hated Melody for saying that Geoff could never love someone like Nicole but what about all time Nicole used to make Melody feel terrible about herself(comments about how she should take those nice clothes because she clearly needed it and making Melody believe she could have Geoff anytime)). But now Nicole is being written into this innocent victim who has done nothing to deserve anything bad happen to her.

They truly are the ultimate cliche. Seriously they get stranded on a island where one kiss and the extremely religious boy suddenly doesn't care about his beliefs that he used to preach about all the time and decides to have sex with beautiful girl he had just developed a crush on. Once they get of the island naturally the boy has a moral dilemma while the girl ''just wants to be close to him". Then they break up because shocker he realises she not trustworty. And then a pregnancy scare. I won't go on anymore because I feel like I'm typing up the plot of a cheesy and campy straight to DVD teen movie.

I have a feeling I could warm to Nicole if she wasn't with Geoff or if they stop ruining Melodys character to makes hers more likeable. And seriously Nicole has always had a few good lines here and there but she was hardly the queen of witty remarks that has become lately. If you look at the way Nicole been written it's clear the writers are trying to turn her into this perfect character.

I really can't take this relationship seriously. Them and their storylines are nothing different then the dozens of other teen relationships we see on T.V. Even Annie and Jai, for me, has more depth.

Edited by Jody

I've always been pretty torn about the whole thing.I think Geoff could end up with either Nicole or Melody and they'd make a good couple because he's got chemistry with both of them.I don't mind which so long as they don't end up ruining any characters in the process.(Are you listening, writers?)

Don't really see how they can be called a gender reversal Aden/Belle though:Belle's got more in common with Nicole than she has with Geoff and it's not as though she was living like a nun before she met Aden.

I don't mind which so long as they don't end up ruining any characters in the process.(Are you listening, writers?)

In this Nic/Geoff/Mel triangle I think the writers have already done way too much damage to Melodys character to make Geoff/Nicole more likeable. And the finale doesn't give me any hope that they'll be stopping anytime soon.

I think the comparison about Aden and Belle wasn't about the characters in both situations being alike but more the storyline of good girl/badboy or badgirl/good boy. This has been done alot on HAA but never has each character been exactly the same personality wise to the previous one just the same storyline. So noone was implying that either Belle or Adens personalities are anything like Geoff or Nicole(thank god) but just the storyline were one is seen as the bad one whilst the other good thats the same.

I don't think I'd mind Geoff/Nicole(not really like them either but maybe not get so annoyed by them) if they, like you said Red Ranger 1, stopped ruining characters in the process.

Edited by enjoy the ride

^^At the risk of going off topic, as I alluded to on the Melody thread

I've heard some rumours about what they're doing with her next year and I'm hoping it'll result in her becoming more sympathetic.

I'd quite like it if all three of them ended up being friends because I think there's a potential for a good dynamic in there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been watching YT clips mainly of Nicole & Geoff lately and I have to say, I think they're great together. I can see where people are coming from when the say that - although opposites do attract - it's hardly a one off occurance in Summer Bay. Getting with Geoff seems to have brought a softer side out to Nicole that only those closest to her have been able to do up until this point.

Melody's a good character and way back at the beginning of the Melody/Geoff relationship, I loved them, but I can't see them working now.

I too admit I never really bought the whole "Geoff abandons his religious beliefs whilst stuck on the island and ends up having sex with her", but TV soap operas have hardly ever been the types to stick to beliefs/recurrance in every storyline. At the oppurtunity to give us a relationship such as this which is open to contreversy, I think morals, beliefs and character traits tend to fly out of the window, which results in discussions like this. People say they don't like how Nicole changed Geoff, but what about how Geoff's changed Nicole? When she first arrived in the bay, she was a right piece of work and quite difficult to like, but when it comes to those she cares about, it becomes so easy to see just how much she cares, even if she isn't the best at showing it.

Geoff had pretty much been one of those that mostly gave Nicole a chance (Hey, Geoff gave everyone a chance, coz he's too nice, but that's besides he point!) and I think, over time, she just learnt to accept that it doesn't hurt to give others a chance and actually allow them to get close.

Geoff's constant running to Melody when she called him were just annoying. Yes, Melody has problems, has been through a lot and probably needs the support wherever she can get it, but that doesn't mean Geoff should suddenly give up on Nicole because of Mel. I don't think Mel needs a boyfriend right now, she needs friends. Which is where it's up to Geoff to be there without crossing the line and insulting Nicole and it's up to Nicole to accept that his being there for Mel is just who he is and she needs to accept that without mollycoddling (?) him to make herself feel secure. If he's constantly willing to run to those in need - resulting in him abandoning Nicole - and she's constantly worrying he's going to lose interest and start fearing she's not what he wants - are they really meant to be together anyway?

It's a complex, confusing relationship, yes, but no more so than other couples and in comparison to some of them throughout the year, Nicole and Geoff are quite tame and a slight breath of fresh air.

I personally hope they continue to build on the relationship. It's still new, so there is still a fair bit they can do with them, hopefully. Maybe it wont work in the long run. Maybe it will. But it's not really had a proper chance yet. I just hope if they do reach a dead end with them - or worse, keep going round in circles - that they salvage a friendship. It would be far too obvious and like stepping back three steps by having them hating/not caring about each other.

On another note, they were so cute in the finale episodes. :wub:

I LOVE THEM! :wub: (as you can probably tell already)

they are the best! i missed a whole load of early geoff stuff but i didnt like him with melody at all but i loved nicole from the start and still do she is the best!

more geoff and nicle stuff please and if they even thin about splitting them up ever i will never watch again!

:lol: