Nicole/Geoff

I personally love this pairing. Like I've said before, they are perfect opposites in the way that Nicole is everything Geoff is not and viceversa but, precisely because of this, I think they complement each other perfectly, with Geoff giving Nicole the set of moral standards she didn't have when she grew up and with Nicole offering Geoff the fun he didn't have when he was a kid.

This allows for Geoff to be as carefree as he's never been before while he tries to keep Nicole from getting into too much trouble, not by imposing it to her but by having managed to convice her to try his way for a while.

I liked the way they both felt instantly attracted to each other and if it hadn't been because of Geoff's over judgemental ways and THAT silly bet between Aden and Nicole, I do think that they would have got together a lot sooner. That said, I'm happy enough with the way they've ended up as a couple for, considering everything they had to deal with, I think it happened at the right time for the two of them.

Now though, I think that asides from having to deal with Melody and her psycho ways, the only other danger I foresee in their future is having yet another cute boy showing up in Summer Bay who might try and pry our beloved princess from St Geoff...

Opinions, anyone?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I to love the fact the attraction was there from the start and yet it didn't become a major storyline for months afterwards, it was built up from when Geoff was with Melody and has progressed slowly from the thing with the school camp and then Elliot coming into it.

I think the halloween episode was a perfect example of how both of them have changed by being together, old, judgemental Geoff would have blown up at Nicole for spilling their secret instead he just got slightly annoyed and old defensive Nicole would have reveled in the pain she had caused Melody instead of going after her and trying to fix it.

Normally i dislike couples that are on and off like a light switch, but for some reason with this pairing it didn't annoy me so much, maybe becuase they had genuine reasons and issues for their make-up's/break-up's. But i do forsee it's not going to get much better, Nicole and Geoff are as different as that old saying, and as long as they are together they're going to clash.

I actually think that's what makes them different form the usual soap cliched paring of the badgirl/goodboy, normally they are both completely changed by the start of the paring and Nicole would have been reformed by now and Geoff would be daring and more lenient with his beliefs.

I love this couple, and Im so glad that home and away have a couple like these, I mean like melody has said they are complete oppsites but nicole has changed slowly by calming down and we have seen their relationship develop and grow. But more importantly I love how they are so different can be together as I think ist important to show things like this as it does happen and shows that we can all really get along and stuff no matter how different :P I know that sounds a little cheesy :P

I love these two. They really compliment each other. and I like that, like most teenage realitionships, they think they are in love. It's cute the way Nicole mocks him a bit but also makes him smile that gorgeous smile! I think he has really helped Nicole mellow out and become a more friendly person. She is a lot happier within herself too.

I'm going to get shot but...I don't like these two as a couple. I actually think they are the ultimate cliche. Opposites attract...isn't that always the story? Aden and Belle, Mattie and Rick...I don't see anything new about this storyline and I think it is part of the reason I've begun to dislike Geoff.

He started as different and interesting - if judgemental and infuriating sometimes - but it showed him as someone who was his own person. He didn't feel the need to be like everyone else and I thought that showed a lot of strength of character. I thought him losing his virginity to Nicole on the island was a bit of a cop out but salvaged slightly by the followup with him insisting a "no more sex" rule and Nicole putting pressure on him, it was interesting to have the guy being the one pressured and it was interesting how some people took Nicole's side and thought Geoff was being selfish - if it was the other way around would people have been thinking "oh poor Geoff he just wants whats normal/natural..."? Now he's just "there" stuck between Nicole and Melody and not really doing anything. He could have prevented a lot of misunderstandings by making it clear to Melody from the beginning that he was definately not interested.

As for the other half of this duo...I prefer Nicole to Geoff and think that she will eventually get bored with him. I can't, however, seem to muster much sympathy for Nicole, either for what Melody tried to do or the situation with her mother (even if she is a pathetic excuse for a mum!). I'm not sure why this is.

Maybe because of the dislikes I have for them individually Geoff and Nicole as a couple, for me, is is predictable and dull. Nice boy/bad girl....he saves her and she shows him how to live...blah blah. Aden and Belle did it in reverse and much better imo.

When Nicole first arrived I was not a huge fan, and I loved the initial Mel and Geoff pairing, but as time has gone on I have really armed to Nicole and can see a great chemistry between Geoff and Nicole and how they complement each other in way that Mel and Geoff did not, they are actually going to be good for each other and we might see some character growth and development as a result of them being in this relationship.

It seems Nicole's jealousy has not disapated, she was pretty quick to keep Geoff from going over to Melody and Geoff was pretty cut up about it, i think maybe she has a reason to worry? It might just be me. :unsure:

Loved the kiss in the Diner and the scene with her mum :wub:

Nicole.... where do i start?! i hated her when she first arrived. i thought she was a horrible snotty little princess and i didn't see any potential for her. how wrong was i!

i absolutely love the friendship her and aden share now. i think he has helped level her out. and let's face it, any storylines involving aden are hot!

anyway, back to nicole... i love that since she's been with geoff she is a lot happier and nicer. i think they're really cute together and really bring out the best in each other. nicole has seemed to realise that she's still young and not to take everything too seriously. she's stopped trying to be such an adult. i have really enjoyed the evolution of her.

i think her calling roman dad now is sweet. i'm glad they have a good daddy/daughter relationship.

• 3 weeks later...

There is zero communication between this pair, there is chemistry betwen them, that's obvious, but they have such mis-communication and confusion, Geoff is so clueless and Nicole is so defensive, I can't really see them working much longer, they just clash far to much.

I hope they finally learn to talk to one another after the finale otherwise its splitsville for them.

Which is dissapointing because i love them, but they're so damn frustrating.

I'm torn because i like them together but i love Geoff and Melody to.To be honest i think Geoff still has feelings for her.I can't see them lasting because Nicole plays to many games.Geoff is trying to help Melody and Nicole is purely trying to make him jealous.Ultimately i think they're to diffferent.