Roman Harris - Conrad Coleby

lolajaney

I guess Roman had to leave based on the storyline with Gardy, and the whole shooting thing when he was in the Army. Nicole did change yes after Roman was written off to jail. I think it is interesting having evil characters, bad ones. As we as the good ones, keeps things interesting. I wonder if they would consider asking Conrad back in a role. I guess their is no forseeable away of that happening. Seeing what would be the motive. 

9 hours ago, Luke39 said:

I guess Roman had to leave based on the storyline with Gardy, and the whole shooting thing when he was in the Army. Nicole did change yes after Roman was written off to jail. I think it is interesting having evil characters, bad ones. As we as the good ones, keeps things interesting. I wonder if they would consider asking Conrad back in a role. I guess their is no forseeable away of that happening. Seeing what would be the motive. 

Yeah I think when they did the olympic cliffhanger relating to Roman's time in the army with the shooting, the writers felt like the character was too dark afterwards possibly. I'm not sure, I certainly didn't think of it as a great decision considering how prominent Roman was at the time. Nicole definitely changed, but that's what happens to people when their parents aren't around.

I really hope a Wikipedia page is made for him, the only profile his character has is on this site. If someone who knows how to create a Wikipedia page bases the profile off of that then it could work

3 hours ago, CaptainTed84 said:

Yeah I think when they did the olympic cliffhanger relating to Roman's time in the army with the shooting, the writers felt like the character was too dark afterwards possibly. I'm not sure, I certainly didn't think of it as a great decision considering how prominent Roman was at the time. Nicole definitely changed, but that's what happens to people when their parents aren't around.

I really hope a Wikipedia page is made for him, the only profile his character has is on this site. If someone who knows how to create a Wikipedia page bases the profile off of that then it could work

The way Nicole changed wasn't good for her character. The writers just took her to the destruction path, and put her with one villain after another, before they decided to use her to put her with Aden who was leaving soon.... It felt like they used her to make him look bad, but it made her look even worse. It would have been better to keep her father and develop her as a "normal" teen. I think there have been too many teens loosing their relatives on the show, and it looses its impact. So with Nicole they could have done it differently. If they needed to drop Roman/Conrad of the show because of something we don't know - they should probably have written him out just for work somewhere else, and Nicole could have stayed with someone to finish high school. I wonder if she could have stayed with Irene instead of Miles. 

But the Elliot/Rambo stuff, and the Gardy stuff were really terrible, and it felt like they tried to destroy him especially with the Gardy stuff... I think that Roman just should have been a nice man, with darker secret - but the secrets should have been told differently than they were. Secrets don't need to contain violence, murder and over the top storylines. 

On 12/13/2016 at 11:46 PM, jodlebirger said:

The way Nicole changed wasn't good for her character. The writers just took her to the destruction path, and put her with one villain after another, before they decided to use her to put her with Aden who was leaving soon.... It felt like they used her to make him look bad, but it made her look even worse. It would have been better to keep her father and develop her as a "normal" teen. I think there have been too many teens loosing their relatives on the show, and it looses its impact. So with Nicole they could have done it differently. If they needed to drop Roman/Conrad of the show because of something we don't know - they should probably have written him out just for work somewhere else, and Nicole could have stayed with someone to finish high school. I wonder if she could have stayed with Irene instead of Miles. 

But the Elliot/Rambo stuff, and the Gardy stuff were really terrible, and it felt like they tried to destroy him especially with the Gardy stuff... I think that Roman just should have been a nice man, with darker secret - but the secrets should have been told differently than they were. Secrets don't need to contain violence, murder and over the top storylines. 

Unfortunately that's the direction the show has gone in, and like you said it was almost like that was the beginning of what was set to occur with Hugo, Penn and then the Braxtons, then now Morgan's I suppose...

A lot more violent storylines these days

Edited by CaptainTed84
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

After thinking about his axing a bit more, I've thought of a few more reasons other than his dark past as to why he was axed

1. Too many diner chefs (When you think about it, before he left it was himself, Irene and Leah as the main chefs in the diner. Considering that at the time of his departure was when the kitchen appeared to be quite small, it may have been considered unneccessary to have 3 chefs in such a small space)
2. Aden's development (Before Roman departed, Aden had really changed from bad to good and since he was the man who helped support the change by taking him in, the writers may have thought that there is no point in Roman being around as Aden no longer needed him)
3. Summer Bay House needed someone to foster (Summer Bay House is all about taking kids in (well not so much anymore but at the time it definitely was), and after Melody had left I think the writers wanted to have Nicole being fostered and living in the house)
4. The writers didn't like Charlie and Roman as a couple. Because Angelo was the replacement of Roman, it makes me think that the writers obviously saw more in him being with Charlie over than Roman. That could have been a deciding factor in the axing as Roman was Charlie's first love interest