Roman Harris - Conrad Coleby

lolajaney

i am a Jack and Martha fan, but face it

Jack is dead

and it would not be fair to ask for Martha to stay single forever she will eventually have to move on and i really liked her and Roman together and i do want her to stay single for as long as she can so she can grieve, but she might also want someone to comfort her. Every person in a soap who loses someone always end up in a relationship again, why should it be different for Martha, come on Hayley and Noah were an amazing couple but she had to move on, Leah and Vinnie were a great couple but she had to move on, Sally and Flynn were meant to be and she moved on, and Martha and Jack were also meant to be

but now he's gone

so you can't expent Martha to stay single forever it would'nt be fair.

• 2 weeks later...

What is wrong with the writers? Why are they doing this to Roman's character? Are we meant to hate him, or do they actually think having him behave in this way is somehow a good thing? This is not him. I'm already hating the way he's been acting lately, when it comes to Martha, and by the looks of it, it doesn't seem like he is any better in today's episode.

Edited by Jody

I liked Roman when he first came to the Bay. But at the moment he is one of my least favourite characters! It really annoys me how he is always around Martha like 5 minutes after her husband died. Its obvious what his intentions are! He needs to give her time to grieve just now.

I think he just doesn't know what to do. He was supportive of Martha before Jack died because of the cancer, but he knew where the line was because Jack was there. Now Jack is gone and he thinks he has to be more supportive because Jack isn't there to pick Martha up where Roman's friendship would normally leave off. I think he's just really confused, and having people accuse him of trying to get into her pants is just making him angry, because it's such a crude thought, and I don't believe it's one that's consciously crossed his mind yet. He's obviously still attracted to Martha, but I think he's genuine when he says that he just wants to look after her and make sure she's okay. I think the only reason that Charlie is being such a bitch about it is because Roman dumped her because of his feelings for Martha, so if he's willing to do that, he might as well be willing to hit on her two weeks after her husband's been buried. Charlie's being petty and that's making Roman do the same thing, but now that she's backed off, he might settle down a bit. That is, if his imminent realisation that he does still want to be with Martha doesn't freak him out and make him try to prove how good his intentions are by biting off the head of anyone who dares to get near her... :rolleyes:

(Sorry if this doesn't make sense - my mind's a bit hazy at the moment.)

^^It makes perfect sense. I needed a bit more perspective on the situation (two favourites + a rubbish storyline doesn't make me objective at all) so it was good for me to read if nothing else :P I think the problem with it (and even to an extent as someone else mentioned Rachel) is when you have a strong character like Roman introduced who's intelligent, compassionate, goes out of his way to help people and generally is an all round nice and really likable character, you have higher expectations of them than you might some of the more fallable ones. So when they slip up or do something less than desirable they cop more flack or they irritate people more for doing something that really isn't any worse than something most of the other characters do.

I still maintain he has honourable intentions and the fact that at the start of the episode he tried to distance himself does say that he's trying- still want the storyline to go far, far away though.

Edited by Jamey-Maria

I'd have to agree i guess.I don't necessarily like it because i usually adore Roman,but i understand it.You don't always think rationally when you have feeling for someone and can't tell them.I don't think he's doing himself any favours and he's gonna get hurt but maybe Charlie and Miles can help him...

On a more positive,shallow note,the stubble is fine.Fine indeed

.Maybe his middle name is Scott.Roman Scott Harris...nice

Edited by ~Lynd~