Interview With Jessica Tovey

Guest adelle fan.

Not too sure if this has been posted but here we go :)

How similar are you to your Home and Away character, Belle Taylor?

“Belle is cheeky and tough. We are quite similar in that way. However we are very different in other ways. Like the sneaky way she gets everything she wants.”

Do you have any tricks that you use to help you remember your lines?

“I have been working on the show for about three years now so I have learnt to master my lines quickly. Sometimes we just run through the lines once or twice before filming, but I know Belle’s character so well by now that I find it easy to learn the lines.”

Who do you think is the cutest boy in the Home and Away cast?

“Hmmm…. I would say Todd Lasance who plays Aden. But don’t tell him I said that. Ha ha.”

Which of your Home and Away cast mates do you get along best with?

“Everyone on the cast and crew are so wonderful. After three years working with them on the show they are like my second family.”

You’re now also the spokesperson for Skechers- how did you land that role?

“Skechers approached me to become the new face for the brand. I jumped at the offer. I think it is great that they picked an Aussie, I feel honoured to be considered a role model for young girls who love the brand.”

What’s the coolest thing about your new Skechers gig?

“It is great to be the face of such a fun and funky brand. Skechers always have such cool chicks in their campaigns like Ashlee Simpson and Carrie Underwood, so I was so excited to be asked. It is also great because I get the latest looks from Skechers to wear.”

Can you describe your personal style?

“I like to change my style with the season. Even though it changes, I would describe my personal style as urban street – fun, fresh and colourful. A must is a pair of comfy shoes to team with anything and everything as I am on my feet a lot when working on set.”

How do you like to spend your down time when you’re not working?

“Spending time with my friends and family. Picnics are something I like to do in summer, they are a great way to get outside in the sunshine and enjoy the company of your friends.”

----------------------------------

Home and Away star Jessica Tovey’s glass slipper has come in the form of fashion footwear range Skechers, as the actress signs on to become the face, and the feet, of the brand over the coming year.

The popular television star will be seen wearing the product in advertising for Australia and New Zealand across four seasonal range releases. Jessica will join the existing entourage of celebrities who have previously faced the Skechers brand, including pop princess Britney Spears, American Idol winner Carrie Underwood and multi-platinum recording artist Ashlee Simpson.

21 year old Jessica Tovey is best known for her role as rebellious teen Belle Taylor on the long running Australian TV series Home and Away.

As the new face of Skechers, Jessica will be showing off the savvy, fun and active attitude that each Skechers style embodies.

“I am excited to be teaming up with Skechers,” Jessica said. “Being on my feet all day on set, I love the fact that Skechers are stylish, wearable and comfortable – the shoes really appeal to me.”

“We are looking forward to having Jessica on board with the brand,” says Emma O’Connor, Marketing Manager for Skechers Australia and New Zealand. “This is the first time Skechers has signed on a local star and her natural, fresh-faced beauty and casual style means she is someone that the Australian and New Zealand market can easily relate to.”

http://www.skechers.com.au/wawcs0126430/latest_news.html

Archived