Charlie Buckton - Esther Anderson

Dean

Since we are all free to share our opinions on Charlie Buckton, I will share mine as well...

I have been watching Home and Away for a long time now. I must admit it is possible I have missed a few episodes here and there, but that won't change the fact that I am finally liking Charlie. I thought she was okay with Roman, a bit clingy, but likeable. Then her character just went downhill for me.

Lots of you will disagree with me but I thought Charlie's relationship with Joey was more of a sisterly-relationship, they were both alone and needed someone, nothing romantic or passionate about that. The fact that Joey was a woman has nothing to do with that, there were no butterflies, there was no lust, only caring for each other and that is not enough to build a relationship on. Glad that was over before it even started. But I don't want to offend any Charlie and Joey fans here, I understand that you don't share my opinion, just like I hope you understand that I don't share yours.

I didn't like her with Angelo as well, he was not strong enough for her. She needs to be with someone who has a big personality (I can hear some of you saying: personality being a criminal... but I don't really care about that, Brax knows what he wants, Angelo didn't) and Angelo never had that. I must admit at the end of last season I was starting to warm up to them, finally they were moving forward without taking two steps back every time. I wasn't too happy when I heard they would pair Charlie off with someone new, but it played out perfectly.

Finally, we see Charlie as a woman apart from her job (like Tobygirl said, I must agree with you on that point). We saw a little bit of that Charlie with Roman but not enough. She can't act on automatic pilot anymore, she can't control her feelings anymore so she'd better learn to live with them. And that is what she is doing. Finally I am seeing the Charlie I want to see... a woman who wants to be with they guy she loves and (within reasonable boundaries) is willing to do what it takes to be with him.

I am not talking about getting rid of that evidence or lying about the accident... this is Summer Bay, everyone lies and has secrets.

But that is just my point of view. Feel free to disagree.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember watching Home and Away when Charlie Buckton first arrived; she had a go at Morag, ruffled Roman's feathers and butted heads with Jack(R.I.P) and I remember thinking to myself 'Fiesty!'

She has changed over the last couple of years, and with each relationship she has had with Roman, Angelo, Joey and then Angelo(Again) She has grown with each one. Personally she is my third favourite character -Irene and Leah pip her to the post- but her relationship with Darryl Braxton has brought out something in her wich I like seeing. the relationship is different to any of she has been in and I am really enjoying watching her on my TV set.

I would love to see more of a relationship build between Charlie and Ruby, but I suppose we are getting the best we can after everything that has happened between them (other shows completely forget that they have done something and make everything rosie in the garden again)

I apologise if the phrases I have used do seem 'out of date' but I too am 'out of date' :P

Since we are all free to share our opinions on Charlie Buckton, I will share mine as well...

I have been watching Home and Away for a long time now. I must admit it is possible I have missed a few episodes here and there, but that won't change the fact that I am finally liking Charlie. I thought she was okay with Roman, a bit clingy, but likeable. Then her character just went downhill for me.

Lots of you will disagree with me but I thought Charlie's relationship with Joey was more of a sisterly-relationship, they were both alone and needed someone, nothing romantic or passionate about that. The fact that Joey was a woman has nothing to do with that, there were no butterflies, there was no lust, only caring for each other and that is not enough to build a relationship on. Glad that was over before it even started. But I don't want to offend any Charlie and Joey fans here, I understand that you don't share my opinion, just like I hope you understand that I don't share yours.

I didn't like her with Angelo as well, he was not strong enough for her. She needs to be with someone who has a big personality (I can hear some of you saying: personality being a criminal... but I don't really care about that, Brax knows what he wants, Angelo didn't) and Angelo never had that. I must admit at the end of last season I was starting to warm up to them, finally they were moving forward without taking two steps back every time. I wasn't too happy when I heard they would pair Charlie off with someone new, but it played out perfectly.

Finally, we see Charlie as a woman apart from her job (like Tobygirl said, I must agree with you on that point). We saw a little bit of that Charlie with Roman but not enough. She can't act on automatic pilot anymore, she can't control her feelings anymore so she'd better learn to live with them. And that is what she is doing. Finally I am seeing the Charlie I want to see... a woman who wants to be with they guy she loves and (within reasonable boundaries) is willing to do what it takes to be with him.

I am not talking about getting rid of that evidence or lying about the accident... this is Summer Bay, everyone lies and has secrets.

But that is just my point of view. Feel free to disagree.

I don't think you have said too much to disagree with I pretty well agree with the majority of what you have said !!!

Charlie is a cop and most of the time a control freak - but first and foremost Charlie is a woman and that is what I am enjoying seeing from her at the moment - she isn't always in control and that's because she is in LOVE and she is not in total control of this relationship - and Brax actually acts like a man (criminal or not) with her and he pushes her buttons and I love to see Charlie laugh and smile and actually act like a person who is in love - not just Charlie being a cop !

I remember watching Home and Away when Charlie Buckton first arrived; she had a go at Morag, ruffled Roman's feathers and butted heads with Jack(R.I.P) and I remember thinking to myself 'Fiesty!'

She has changed over the last couple of years, and with each relationship she has had with Roman, Angelo, Joey and then Angelo(Again) She has grown with each one. Personally she is my third favourite character -Irene and Leah pip her to the post- but her relationship with Darryl Braxton has brought out something in her wich I like seeing. the relationship is different to any of she has been in and I am really enjoying watching her on my TV set.

I would love to see more of a relationship build between Charlie and Ruby, but I suppose we are getting the best we can after everything that has happened between them (other shows completely forget that they have done something and make everything rosie in the garden again)

I apologise if the phrases I have used do seem 'out of date' but I too am 'out of date' :P

Love your forum name - ha ha ha - if you are out of date then I am ancient I can still remember watching the very first episode of Home and Away and think I have only missed about a dozen eps over all those years - LOL!!!!!!

^^i agree with you guys. Her character has developed and in my opinion is more likable with this relationship. I love seeing her laugh and how they have fun together, it's home and away so there will always be drama but I think it's been good so far.

I never really liked her with Angelo, there romantic relationship never worked for me. They should have stayed colleagues and friends.

Love your forum name - ha ha ha - if you are out of date then I am ancient I can still remember watching the very first episode of Home and Away and think I have only missed about a dozen eps over all those years - LOL!!!!!!

Thank you for that!

I was around In 1988 ( I wont say how old, lets just say I could drive and had a few good years driving experience under my belt :wink:

^^i agree with you guys. Her character has developed and in my opinion is more likable with this relationship. I love seeing her laugh and how they have fun together, it's home and away so there will always be drama but I think it's been good so far.

I never really liked her with Angelo, there romantic relationship never worked for me. They should have stayed colleagues and friends

I did like their friendship, and at first I did like their relationship. I thought Angelo been there for Charlie when Grant came on the scene and after the truth came out was a really sweet deep thing. But towards then end, it seemed he was way to pushy -something Charlie clearly hasn't liked.

Can someone please tell me how Charlie got back into the police force? I saw her resign out of guilt for telling brax where the evidence was and the accident with Liam etc.. i miss one or two episodes and next thing I know she is back in uniform! I have seen this happen many times with her since she has had this on/off relationship with Brax, although I have seen now even though she is back she is less discreet and not worried. Can someone please explain?

Can someone please tell me how Charlie got back into the police force? I saw her resign out of guilt for telling brax where the evidence was and the accident with Liam etc.. i miss one or two episodes and next thing I know she is back in uniform! I have seen this happen many times with her since she has had this on/off relationship with Brax, although I have seen now even though she is back she is less discreet and not worried. Can someone please explain?

She handed in her notice but she still has a few weeks of work to complete before her contract comes to an end.