Charlie Buckton - Esther Anderson

Dean

Nah. They'll love love her with Angelo - for aesthetic reasons of course. I myself think they will be one of the better couples in the show - though I never invest myself in the shows relationships too much! However, I wish they hadn't done a stupid ratings ploy with her character beforehand which sours Changelo 4 me.

I won't because Charlie is almost on par with Martha on my hate list because of the way she treated Joey and I hate when they make all the female characters pathetic and jealous. Also the whole stupid half-witted gay storyline means if H&A ever attempt anything like that again I will have to switch of for fear of my own sanity.

As for Charlie still being in a job, well if they kept Jack and Angleo in the force they could hardly fire Charlie who has a positvely glowing record compared to them. If the show was realistic Watson would be running the station and Jack, Angelo and Charlie would have been out on their backsides.

I still have the feeling that the writers are trying to alienate Charlie from her friends.

Charlie only does friends "with benefits". Friends who cannot provide are of no use.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Charlie still being in a job, well if they kept Jack and Angleo in the force they could hardly fire Charlie who has a positvely glowing record compared to them. If the show was realistic Watson would be running the station and Jack, Angelo and Charlie would have been out on their backsides.

I can't believe she would only get a rap on the knuckles over her sleeping with Joey. Plus living with her when the case was still ongoing...surely this would effect the outcome of the court case - with the rape charges in mind?

Man if Robbo was smarter and not tried to kill Joey to silence her... the charges would have to be dropped on that alone, surely?

Edited by devon

I can't believe she would only get a rap on the knuckles over her sleeping with Joey. Plus living with her when the case was still ongoing...surely this would effect the outcome of the court case - with the rape charges in mind?

Man if Robbo was smarter and not tried to kill Joey to silence her the charges would have to be dropped on that alone, surely?

If I was Robbo's lawyer I would totally play up the angle that police were corrupt and incomptent in their dealing with the case. The fact that head of station was having an affair with the victim might be enough to put reasonable doubt into the jurys mind and get Robbo off. Of course he had to go and try to drown Joey and run over Tanya which stitched him up good and proper.

Man if Robbo was smarter and not tried to kill Joey to silence her... the charges would have to be dropped on that alone, surely?

Well it seems that the court case will never happen seeing as Joey and her trawler will disappear into the Australian equivalent of the Bermuda Triangle.

Of course he had to go and try to drown Joey and run over Tanya which stitched him up good and proper.

Pretty stupid of him wasn't it?...considering he was one of the first to cotton onto to the fact that Charlie had the hots for Joey...

Of course he had to go and try to drown Joey and run over Tanya which stitched him up good and proper.

Pretty stupid of him wasn't it?...considering he was one of the first to cotton onto to the fact that Charlie had the hots for Joey...

That always struck me as strange how he worked it out before everyone else.

I think he was just a perv, not really smart.

I'm all excited I've got a new character to hate as much as Martha. All the new fun I can have on DS. :wub:

I think he was just a perv, not really smart.

I'm all excited I've got a new character to hate as much as Martha. All the new fun I can have on DS. :wub:

Can't bring myself to hate Charlie as I realise the writers are making her charecter do complete about faces.(I hated Beth from Brookside after the writers had her dump Margaret and ruin a beautiful storyline) But will be disappointed when the Angelo scenes hit the screens.

I think it was down to expediency - on the writers behalf...

I'm all excited I've got a new character to hate as much as Martha. All the new fun I can have on DS

That place is soooo venomous, with the poster comments that I'm too intimidated to post there myself.

Can't bring myself to hate Charlie as I realise the writers are making her charecter do complete about faces.(I hated Beth from Brookside after the writers had her dump Margaret and ruin a beautiful storyline) But will be disappointed when the Angelo scenes hit the screens.

Nah I love having a character to hate and complain about. For so long it was Martha, then Miles and now Charlie. Ah the joys of annoying soap characters.

As for DS they appreciate vicious comments are long as they are amusing. It's when your not funny that you should watch out.

Edited by oscartg