Bridget Simmons - Joy Smithers

Dean

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had never liked this character, even before i knew she was lying about her cancer even though i had my doubts.

she a wicked old witch and i really dont like this character and i hope i dont see her again even thou i doubt it

I never liked the character from the beginning. I had suspected something about her in the first place since her One Night Stand with Tony Holden. Just like Naomi Preston. <_<

I actually thought Bridgette’s character was ok. There’s no denying she was a con-artist pure and simple and originally she was out to fleece Alf from the beginning and take him for what she could get. But I do feel that she did care for him in the end. You could argue that she got what was coming to her because she tried to steal Leah’s savings (a character that I really like) but she came good when she shopped Brian to the police knowing full well that he would implicate her in any misdemeanours.

Rather than writing her out of the show, perhaps the writers could have given her another chance and attempt at reform. Contrary to what some people have said I don’t think she was completely beyond redemption. There have been characters that have done far worse things (Nathan, Kane and Aden) and all three were given another go. And certainly Nathan and Kane became better people (I think Aden is still recovering but has certainly improved over the last three months).

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the character I have to agree with what has already been said and give full credit to the actress. She was certainly one of the best people I’ve seen in H & A that could do the ‘shifty I’m up to no good’ expression.