Tony Holden - Jon Sivewright

Dean

I still can't believe they'd do this to Tony but Jon is such a brilliant emotional actor it's going to make for great viewing to watch him go on this journey. I just know he'll make a terribly sad speech at the funeral too. :(

Jon has really been fantastic during the aftermath of Jack's death. He's a really underated actor on h&a, and I wish they'd give him more challenging storylines, more often. And your prediction was spot on Krystal, the speech Tony made at the funeral was the only emotional part throughout today's episode. And I loved the last scene, when he tries to punch the living daylights out of Angelo. He was always regarded as Beth's handbag when she was around, rarely given much to do. Then after Beth's death, he really shone, with the grief stuff & lots of mini storylines that followed. But once again he took a back seat, and it was Rachel & her baby drama's taking over. :rolleyes:

I really hope he's not forgotten again soon, but given more stuff to sink his teeth in to. :D

Just coming in here to reiterate what I said in the Episode comments thread.

I've never really considered myself a fan of Tony....I was always just meh about him, and to me he was always more of a background character than ever really shining in his own storyline.

But, these past few days, have really made me change my mind. Jon's acting has been amazing! He has really shone throughout, and has been exceptional in conveying all the emotions involved.

I hope now, Tony does not retreat to the background again, but becomes the focus of some more good storylines where his ability can be shown again.....and with his upcoming wedding and baby on the way, there is some scope for some good plots to come about, so I'm looking forward to seeing more from Tony in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like I want to jump into the telly and give Tony a great big hug :(

I thought that he would yell at xavior and ruby but his reaction was 10000 times worse and once again well delivered

even when he doesnt have dialog, Jon can make you feel what his character is going through

loved the episode with him and rach talking about the champers - very cute

Great acting again

Edited by sportzgal82

I thought Tony would go really mad over the champers incident but he didnt really seem to mind much he just walked off. Rachel was the one who seemed really bothered about it. (I had to laugh when she just stood there gasping and Tony seemed oblivious to it)

I understand that he is grieving but i dont like how he is shutting Rachel out. She is trying so hard to be there for him but he just keeps pushing her away. :(

Edited by Danni02

I think Tony shutting Rachel out is just like when Aden shut Belle out when he was struggling with his abuse, it is natural but same I wish he didnt,

like you said its quite natural and I dont think it would of worked well if it was Martha shutting the world away - and its jus that...its not just rachel is about everyone

Dont forget hes lost Kate (first wife) Beth and now Jack- he probally feels if he let anyone else in that he will just end up loosing them too