Tony Holden - Jon Sivewright

Dean

Well done,Jon. A fine actor. Tony finding his sons body like that. How will he ever recover.? How will he tell Lucas.? I cried with Tony the moment he found Jacks body. So emotional. So heart wrenching. Tony will need all his strength and energy just to recover. Hopefully Tony,Rachel and Martha can find comfort with each other,and help one another through this sad and emotional time. :(

Ahh thankyou so much for bumping this thread Jen! Jon is seriously lacking the praise he deserves when it comes to appreciation threads, especially after last night. It seemed strange when the promo for the episode was on and he only appeared to be talking but when watching the actual episode it all made sense. He's still distanced himself from it and he did such a spectacular job at playing the part. Although I pretty much had a continual flow of tears through the entire thing, I couldn't help myself when he called Jack "my boy" and when he said he hadn't felt it yet. The little scenes like him sitting alone on the couch and making the tea but realising he had to put them down when he had to answer the door were the ones were you could really see how dis connected he felt. And he delivered completely in the big scenes too, finding Jack's body and all the ones with Martha & Rachel. I still can't believe they'd do this to Tony but Jon is such a brilliant emotional actor it's going to make for great viewing to watch him go on this journey. I just know he'll make a terribly sad speech at the funeral too. :(

I totally agree with everything you said, Krystal. The "my boy" comment seemed like it was just second nature, kind of like how Beth called her kids "sweetheart". It made it seem so much more real. The scene where he made the tea and then just left it on the counter was very touching. Everything somehow felt really empty after they arrived home :(. The funeral is going to be very tough.

Ahh thankyou so much for bumping this thread Jen! Jon is seriously lacking the praise he deserves when it comes to appreciation threads, especially after last night. It seemed strange when the promo for the episode was on and he only appeared to be talking but when watching the actual episode it all made sense. He's still distanced himself from it and he did such a spectacular job at playing the part. Although I pretty much had a continual flow of tears through the entire thing, I couldn't help myself when he called Jack "my boy" and when he said he hadn't felt it yet. The little scenes like him sitting alone on the couch and making the tea but realising he had to put them down when he had to answer the door were the ones were you could really see how dis connected he felt. And he delivered completely in the big scenes too, finding Jack's body and all the ones with Martha & Rachel. I still can't believe they'd do this to Tony but Jon is such a brilliant emotional actor it's going to make for great viewing to watch him go on this journey. I just know he'll make a terribly sad speech at the funeral too. :(

I totally agree with everything you said, Krystal. The "my boy" comment seemed like it was just second nature, kind of like how Beth called her kids "sweetheart". It made it seem so much more real. The scene where he made the tea and then just left it on the counter was very touching. Everything somehow felt really empty after they arrived home :(. The funeral is going to be very tough.

I can not agree more with the pair of you!! His performance was amazing - very moving and powerfull and the storyline/s are giving him somthing to show his acting ablity

Ive only every cried once before at an HAA episdoe but this had me in tears the whole time..the way he desribed the night to Roman and that first image of him at the hospital with his head in his hands was my favorite....sadly I feel it wll get worse for Tony before it gets better :(

Esally my favorite actor/character

Edited by sportzgal82

I remember when the Holdens first came to the bay and there was the furore over Jack shooting that girl. I still remember that town meeting and I still remember Jon's performance when defending Jack. It was so powerful that it just knocked me for six. Right away, I knew his character would be a character I would like and felt he would become vital to the town.

Just stumbling in here to give Tony a huge, warm hug. Poor precious baby :( The way he was all curled up tonight... and how his hair looked so flat and lifeless... I can't stand to see him like this! :( :( I wish Lucas was here. Or Jazz... Jazz would know what to do... She could let him curl up in her lap and then she'd play with his hair and make it all nice and fluffy again... *sigh...* He needs Jazz. We ALL need Jazz! *Hugs Tony tight and keeps him warm until Jazz arrives* :(

Edited by emmasi

I think Jon has been brilliant this past week. I like how he's not actually cried yet, he's just slowly slipping into a depressive state and hiding away from everyone around him. It's good he finally has a huge storyline of his own to deal with and so far he's doing it justice. I can only hope it won't be too long before he eventually cracks and opens up to Rachel, becasue at the end of the day she's going to be the one to help him through it the most.

It would have been nice to have Lucas back too, even if it was only for a few episodes.