Tony Holden - Jon Sivewright

Dean

Tony is one of the best father figures on the show. He has fantastic relationships with both his sons, and is always out to help any teenager that needs someone to talk too. I wish they'd show him interacting a little more with the likes of Geoff, but i guess he doesn't really have a reason too anymore. It would be fun to get him involved with working at the school again or coaching a sports team or something.

He is the kind of man you want to marry. He's maybe not the most exciting, flashy, funny guy but he has a huge heart. He's swet, kind, caring and would do anything for you and try his best to make you happy and look after you.

• 3 weeks later...

2008 has been a big year for HotDad!

So I thought I'd sum up 2008 the "Year of a Happier HotDad" with a few apt questions. These questions are based solely on HotDad - sure he's one part of Tachel but I want to focus on just HotDad as a character and an individual plus his interactions with others.

Favourite casual outfit:

Favourite formal outfit:

Favourite informal (swimwear etc) outfit:

Favourite HotDad scene(s) without Rachel - involving a regular cast members:

Favourite HotDad scene(s) without Rachel - involving a guest cast members:

Favourite HotDad quote:

Favourite setting that HotDad has featured in:

Favourite HotDad storyline:

Scruffy appearance vs Clean shaven:

Work scenes vs Personal life scenes:

Are there any changes to the script that you would have made regarding HotDad? -

Any further comments? -

Hot Dad has been amazing this year. Not only has he been one half of one of the Bay's best couple for a long time, he has also been a wonderful dad and friend.

Favourite casual outfit: Summer Bay Hot bods t-shirt and shorts

Favourite formal outfit: the purply shirt he has

Favourite informal (swimwear etc) outfit: His werewolf halloween outfit!

Favourite HotDad scene(s) without Rachel - involving a regular cast members: When he was comfoting Mattie a year afer beths death

Favourite HotDad scene(s) without Rachel - involving a guest cast members: When he found out Jazz had given Rachel poisening and asked her to leave

Favourite HotDad quote:

Favourite HotDad storyline: The succesful vastectomy reversal

Scruffy appearance vs Clean shaven: CLEAN SHAVEN!

Work scenes vs Personal life scenes: Personal life

Are there any changes to the script that you would have made regarding HotDad? - More Tachel scenes, lol

Any further comments? -

Favourite casual outfit: Hmm the jeans , shirt and jacket he wore to J&M's engagement party

Favourite formal outfit: White shirt and Black trousers (he wore when him and rachel were going out to dinner and they went around to check on martha)

Favourite informal (swimwear etc) outfit: Halloween Outfit (Hilarious)

Favourite HotDad scene(s) without Rachel - involving a regular cast members: When mattie was leaving he gave her something beth wanted her to have

Favourite HotDad scene(s) without Rachel - involving a guest cast members: When him and jazz got arrested

Favourite HotDad quote: you know my thoughts on aden jefferies , i couldnt trust him as far as i could throw him

Favourite HotDad storyline: Vesectomy reversal

Scruffy appearance vs Clean shaven: clean shaven

Work scenes vs Personal life scenes: personal

Are there any changes to the script that you would have made regarding HotDad? - More Tachelness please !

Any further comments? -

I've thrown a few pics in for added effect! :P

Favourite casual outfit: I love his new range of T-shirts, particularly the pink Puma one. And I like the cream and maroon board shorts. I also liked the jacket he wore when Rachel 'left' and for Jack and Martha's party.

puma.jpgshorts.jpg

jacket.jpgparty.jpg

Favourite formal outfit: It would have to be his wedding outfit that unfortunately we never saw in all it's glory. :(

weddingoutfit.jpg

Favourite informal (swimwear etc) outfit: The white sheet he wore in the hotel room with Jazz! :P The blue sheet (in his bedroom)was a good look too! (How's that for informal?!)

whitesheet.jpgbluesheet.jpg

Favourite HotDad scene(s) without Rachel - involving a regular cast members: Any fatherly type scene with Lucas, Jack or Mattie. If I had to pick one (or three) it would be with Mattie on Beth's anniversary, when he gave Mattie the necklace from Beth and when he was comforting Jack when he was upset about Martha.

mattie.jpgnecklace.jpg

jack.jpg

Favourite HotDad scene(s) without Rachel - involving a guest cast members: One word..... Jazz! It's difficult to pick one but my favourite was their goodbye scene.

goodbyejazz.jpg

Favourite HotDad quote: There are a few good ones.... "I've also gotta compete against guys like Rambo" / "It made me realise that what we're doing, taking things slowly one step at a time... it's way more sexy... because it's way more special" / "This one ages nicely.... so you don't mind a mature drop then?" :lol:

rambo.jpgspecial.jpg

maturedrop.jpg

Favourite setting that HotDad has featured in: Most of his scenes have been in pretty boring settings (i.e. the gym, diner, house, surf club, beach, hospital, etc.) so I am going to go for the restaurant in the city where he and Rachel had their first date and the hotel room with Jazz.

restaurant.jpghotel.jpg

Favourite HotDad storyline: Finding out he may not be able to have anymore kids and the vasectomy reversal storyline. Dealing with Jazz's advances was good too.

Scruffy appearance vs Clean shaven: Clean shaven most of the time but the odd dose of stubble would be greatly appreciated..... just as long as it isn't accompanied by 'crazy hair' :P

Work scenes vs Personal life scenes: Personal scenes.... the gym is so not exciting at all!

Are there any changes to the script that you would have made regarding HotDad? - Where do I start?... Either side of the Olympic Cliffhanger there was some dodgy stuff. But that was to make the cliffhanger an actual cliffhanger..... still it could have been better. There should also have been more dialogue about Rachel's kidnapping instead of going straight into the Bridget thing. Which brings me to my next point... why did they make him sleep with the first person who fluttered their eyelashes at him?! I could nitpick and go on forever here but those are my main issues.

Any further comments? - Can't wait for next year!!! It's gonna be great I can just feel it!

Favourite casual outfit: The jacket he wore at Jack and Martha's engagement party was fantastic. We need to see that one again next year! The plain, dark blue t-shirt he wears looks great as well.

Favourite formal outfit: Same as you, Karen. His outfit for the wedding that never was :(.

Favourite informal (swimwear etc) outfit: All of HotDad's boardshorts are good. They aren't boardshorts, but as long as we never have to injure those horrible, old-looking beige coloured shorts again (you must know the ones!), I don't care what shorts he wears!

Favourite HotDad scene(s) without Rachel: Any scenes he had with Mattie :P. The scenes they had on the anniversary of Beth's death were beautiful, as was the scene in the Diner when Mattie was about to leave and he talked about her being like a daughter to him. Also the one when they were on the steps and he gave her the necklace from Beth. And last but not least, the scene with Jack in the Diner when Jack punched his arm (only lightly, of course :lol:).

Favourite HotDad scene(s) without Rachel: involving a guest cast members: The scenes he had with Jazz around the time of the Sam murder mystery and also when she was leaving.

Favourite HotDad quote: The 'peanut' lines, without a doubt!

Favourite setting that HotDad has featured in: The beach is always great, but his date in the city with Rachel was something a bit different for him.

Favourite HotDad storyline: Him and Rachel getting together and the vasectomy storyline.

Scruffy appearance vs Clean shaven: Clean shaven, most of the time :P.

Work scenes vs Personal life scenes: Personal scenes. The gym is hardly the centre of life in Summer Bay, isn't it?!

Are there any changes to the script that you would have made regarding HotDad?: Maybe a few around the time of the vasectomy stuff. I would've liked to have see him get really upset (visibly, I mean) on his own about not being able to have kids with Rachel. Apart from that, nothing major.

Any further comments?: Bring on 2009!!! :D

Favourite casual outfit:

His puma t-shirt! I love it, hehe. And the blue one he wears is nice too. I think he's a pretty good dresser. Since he got with Rachel it's been improving!

Favourite formal outfit:

Again his wedding outfit we never saw properly :( I hope for the wedding this time round he will look just as hot! And the outfit he wore to Jack and Martha's engagement.

Favourite informal (swimwear etc) outfit:

All of his surfer shorts are pretty cool.

Favourite HotDad scene(s) without Rachel - involving a regular cast members:

His scenes with Jack, Martha, Mattie. I love he has good relationships with a lot of the locals.

Favourite HotDad scene(s) without Rachel - involving a guest cast members:

Jazz without a doubt. The scene where she's drunk and she confesses what she did to Rachel is one of my favourites. And when they wake up in bed together after the school renuion

Favourite HotDad quote:

The peanut ones also!! Very cute. And when he told Rachel he wanted them to have a family together more than anything. He has a god way with words. Little things like 'get out of here, we're having a baby?' (or something like that) Also, when he asked Rachel out at first. He was so nervous and couldn't really get the words out, that whole little scene was funny.

Anywhere apart from the gym! It's getting a little boring now.

Favourite HotDad storyline:

Getting together with Rachel and the vascetomy storyline.

Scruffy appearance vs Clean shaven:

Somewhere in the middle :P

Work scenes vs Personal life scenes:

Personal. I'm tired of all the gym scenes. It's a bit silly he has so many scenes there with Rachel when they're talking about serious stuff you wouldn't talk about in public, much less at your work place.

Are there any changes to the script that you would have made regarding HotDad? -

The whole aftermath of the kidnapping/Bridget crap. I think we all agree on this :lol: It was mad that he thought she'd just left, just like that. And to make him sleep with someone else so quickly was totally unrealistic. Ugh i really hated all that cos Tony is so not like that. He would have known she wouldn't have ran off....i wish they'd had some big search or found something to suggest she was in trouble...but oh welll it all worked out fine!

Any further comments? -

I'm so excited for the 'good times ahead for Tony and Rachel.' I hope their wedding gets the attention it deserves and i'm excited to meet baby Holden.

Oh bttb-rox, i love you're avatar. Where is it from? Amy looks lovely!

Edited by KirstyEkua

Karen I love that you used pictures for yours! It makes it so much easier to place what episode everyone is talking about. If I had screencaps I'd do the same! Quiet Achiever can I also thank you for youe idea to do this for Rachel/Tony and Tachel I think it's a really good one!

Favourite casual outfit: I LOVE his jacket he has that he wore to Jack and Martha's engagement party.

Favourite formal outfit: Definetely his wedding outfit as most of you say, he looks good in his shirts. Shame we didn't get to see it properly :(

Favourite informal (swimwear etc) outfit: Haha Karen I liked your choices. His boardshorts are all pretty nice.

Favourite HotDad scene(s) without Rachel - involving a regular cast members: Definetely his scenes with Jack. Not only is he his son but he's his best friend to and I always love seeing HotDad in his fatherly role - particularly the nostalgic scenes he's had with Jack recently in the run up to him being shot :(

Favourite HotDad scene(s) without Rachel - involving a guest cast members: Probably with Jazz. As a Tachel fan my favourite one would probably have been the one where he told Jazz where to go after finding out she'd put laxatives in Rachel's drink. But their one where they were arrested was quite funny too I have to admit. He was so nice to her and didn't wanna outrightly say he didn't have feelings for her anymore, it was quite amusing watching him deal with it.

Favourite HotDad quote: He sometimes has THE most cheesy lines ever "Rachel I'm in awe of you" but he also has the most sweetest dialogue "Seeing you crying broke my heart. I can't stand the thought of losing you but I can't stand making you miserable either" Also all the peanut dialogue and when he found out Rachel was pregnant.

Favourite setting that HotDad has featured in: NOT the gym haha. I'm sick of that set! Probably the place where he and Rachel had their first date actually, it was different and he looked so smart!

Favourite HotDad storyline: The vasectomy storyline and seeing how he really wanted the baby to. I would however have liked to see him more on his own dealing with the fact that he might not have anymore kids like bttbrox said! I thinkhe's had more storylines and attention since being paired with Rachel though which is nice to see. He deserves it.

Scruffy appearance vs Clean shaven: Definetely clean shaven, makes him look younger.

Work scenes vs Personal life scenes: Theres not much interesting stuff to watch with his work scenes, apart from him selling memberships and spotting men and women lifting weights haha so I'd say definetely personal life. He's a very sentimental family man and I love seeing him in emotional storylines.

Are there any changes to the script that you would have made regarding HotDad? - Definetely him having an affair. It was so out of place, I don't care how devestated or drunk he was, it wasn't in character for Tony to jump into bed with the first woman who offered it when he's always said how much he loves Rachel. I would have liked to see a search happen Kirsty which suggested something had happened to Rachel because seeing Tony more in that worried, hero mode was cute haha, especially that one where he went and threatened Jimmy. I LOVE that scene.

Any further comments? - I'm really looking forward to seeing how Tony is going to deal with Jack's death (if that is truly what happens) He's always been a complete mess when stuff has happened to his kids before yet weve never seen him deal with a son's death, particularly when he has to balance looking after Rachel and preparing for his new baby.

• 5 weeks later...

I have such respect for Jo as an actor and Tony as a character. I think he is one of the most realistic characters in the show at the moment. When it comes to emotional scenes Jon really does these well. I could feel my eyes swelling up each time he came on last night. It seemed very much like Beth, the same sort of stances and realisation that he wasn't going to come back. The Tony/Roman scene was one of my favourites. It just seemed totally understated.

For 2009 I wold like to see more Tony/Roman and Tony/Geoff interaction. Now that

Jack is gone

I would like so see him sort of take on Geoff again as a surrogate son. Although something tells me Xavier is going to be supplying his fair share of trouble.

Ahh thankyou so much for bumping this thread Jen! Jon is seriously lacking the praise he deserves when it comes to appreciation threads, especially after last night. It seemed strange when the promo for the episode was on and he only appeared to be talking but when watching the actual episode it all made sense. He's still distanced himself from it and he did such a spectacular job at playing the part. Although I pretty much had a continual flow of tears through the entire thing, I couldn't help myself when he called Jack "my boy" and when he said he hadn't felt it yet. The little scenes like him sitting alone on the couch and making the tea but realising he had to put them down when he had to answer the door were the ones were you could really see how dis connected he felt. And he delivered completely in the big scenes too, finding Jack's body and all the ones with Martha & Rachel. I still can't believe they'd do this to Tony but Jon is such a brilliant emotional actor it's going to make for great viewing to watch him go on this journey. I just know he'll make a terribly sad speech at the funeral too. :(