Tony Holden - Jon Sivewright

Dean

I really don't like where they're taking him just now. I thought his initial grief was handled brilliantly but then around the Belinda storyline it started to go downhill. After that it picked up again but since Angelo's return he's becoming unrecognisable. Of course i'd expect him to have a little set back having to see his son's killer everyday, but not to the extent it seems to be heading.

He can get very self involved and doesn't seem to realise how much he's hurting/neglecting his wife even though it's been done so many times before. He seems to make the same mistakes over and over and doesn't ever learn from them. He's lucky Rachel is as understanding and willing to forgive as she is. And that she loves him as much as she does.

In the 'real' world i doubt many women would put up with it.

Edited by KirstyEkua

Totally agree with you Kirsty. I adore Tony but I'm finding it more and more difficult to remember the person Tony is because I'm sure it's not the guy that's being portrayed. Like you Kirsty, I feel like they're repeating the same storylines over and over and to be honest I'm a bit bored of hearing Tony say "I'm sorry Rachel, I know my priorities now, I've got them sorted." Because he never does have them sorted. He keeps making the same mistakes, gets a bit upset and just completely neglects his pregnant wife and goes off on his own, leaving her to look after herself and everything else.

I'm having to hold my tongue because I know were not allowed to discuss spoilers here and I know it gets worse. I'm just really hoping that after this storyline is over, Tony actually DOES sort out his priorities and go back to being the lovely man he usually is. I'm hoping

Rachel and baby being taken to hospital

will be the shock for him to snap him out of it because if that doesn't, then I don't think anything will.

Sort it out Hotdad :P

Oh yes, guys, you're very right. They don't do a lot good to him :(

I'm so thankful that I can see in Estonia the great Tony. Sure he doesn't have big storylines but he's always caring and there for people. I think I would have problems remembering the old Tony too, if I didn't see these episodes here. It's just shocking what they can do to him. Like charmed said

Rachel taking to hospital

has to be that wake up call that reminds him who he was and who he should be. If that won't help, then I don't know what can. :D You must work it out, Tony, my love !

Totally agree with you Kirsty. I adore Tony but I'm finding it more and more difficult to remember the person Tony is because I'm sure it's not the guy that's being portrayed. Like you Kirsty, I feel like they're repeating the same storylines over and over and to be honest I'm a bit bored of hearing Tony say "I'm sorry Rachel, I know my priorities now, I've got them sorted." Because he never does have them sorted. He keeps making the same mistakes, gets a bit upset and just completely neglects his pregnant wife and goes off on his own, leaving her to look after herself and everything else.

I'm having to hold my tongue because I know were not allowed to discuss spoilers here and I know it gets worse. I'm just really hoping that after this storyline is over, Tony actually DOES sort out his priorities and go back to being the lovely man he usually is. I'm hoping

Rachel and baby being taken to hospital

will be the shock for him to snap him out of it because if that doesn't, then I don't think anything will.

Sort it out Hotdad :P

That was what i was trying to say in the spoiler tread ( i'm not sure if it came out right there) i am tired of tony always looking like a bad guy, because deep down we know that he's not .he keep doing mistakes again and again and rachel keep being the one that have to forgive him all the time. i just want the same kind, loving hotdad back :(

with that said i think its kinda realistic to, that they are trying to show how grief can completly change someone. i have seen it myself so i know that it happens.

and i think to tony it is extra hard because 1. its he's son, and i can not imagine how hard it can be for him and 2. it is the third time it has happened to him.

but i am not trying to make excuses for him, i still think he is acting like a bratt :lol:

i just wished they could do this to someone i didnt like, and keep the gorgeous ( dont get me wrong, he is still gorgeous) , happy, caring hotdad as he is :P

Yeah, after that they have to show us the real Tony ! We want to see, how good dad he is and it'll be the best opportunity. I don't want Rachel to look bad or something, I just don't want Tony to look bad. He's not and we all know that. They can't do anything bad to him after that, they just can't. It wouldn't be realistic. :( It would be nice to see Tachel in good way and happy, no problems :) Haven't seen it for a while.