Tony Holden - Jon Sivewright

Dean

Interestingly, the scene that converted me into a fan of Tony was from 2006.It was after the barn explosion when Jack was injured and they [apparently] needed Peter's liver to save him but Dan wouldn't give permission and Tony asked to speak to him.And he just handled the situation brilliantly, even though his son was basically dying next door he was completely respectful and sympathetic and actually managed to help Dan to come to terms with things.I just thought "I've got a new hero.I want to be Tony Holden when I grow up."I think that's still probably my favourite Tony scene.

Edited by Red Ranger 1

Interestingly, the scene that converted me into a fan of Tony was from 2006.It was after the barn explosion when Jack was injured and they [apparently] needed Peter's liver to save him but Dan wouldn't give permission and Tony asked to speak to him.And he just handled the situation brilliantly, even though his son was basically dying next door he was completely respectful and sympathetic and actually managed to help Dan to come to terms with things.I just thought "I've got a new hero.I want to be Tony Holden when I grow up."I think that's still probably my favourite Tony scene.

That scene was amazing and I totally agree with you, he couldn't have handled it any better!

I must say i was a bit shocked and surprised at some of the comments about Tony in the Aus discussion thread.

I find it very strange that he was accused for trying to be 'hip' and 'young' for going surfing and the way he dresses. I think he looks great for his age and like a man in his early 40's. It's not like he's wearing a leather jacket and buying motorbikes :lol:

And he has really come into his own since being with Rachel. It's like he's a whole new person. Part of his appeal (for me anyways) is that he's the kind of guy you want to marry :lol: He's kind, caring, compassionate and would do anything for the people he loves.

There's so much scope for him as well. He's newly married and about to become a father again and that leads to endless possibilities.

I can't understand it either, why would anyone say that Tony tries to dress like 'hip' and 'trendy'. He looks great and his clothes are very good for his age. Jeans and T-shirt is not trying to be hip or young. :D

And boring? In what angle? He has handled things brilliantly. Can't see why he's worse than Aden for example. :D

Actually <_< when Tony was with Beth he dressed the exact same as he does now .. he likes to go for a surf and wear his t-shirts and shorts whats so wrong with that? what do people want him to wear granda trousers with a pipe sticking out his mouth? 43/44 is not old hes becoming a father again!!!

I did dislike Tony&Beth aka Bony they were so boring and didnt show any affection what so ever :P end of post :)

I did dislike Tony&Beth aka Bony they were so boring and didnt show any affection what so ever :P end of post :)

Bony! Where on earth did you get that nickname from Char :P I agree with you though, I'm not just saying this as a Tachel fan but I do believe the best thing they ever did for Tony's character was pair him up with Rachel because ever since they have, his screentime and popularity has increased by a lot and there's been a lot more they can do with his character. In fact, this year, I think he's had more storylines than Rachel :lol: I never even noticed Tony when he was with Beth because they just never did anything, all he ever did was comfort her when something bad happened and he was much more her 'handbag' than Rachel's which some people have mentioned.

Bony! Where on earth did you get that nickname from Char :P I agree with you though, I'm not just saying this as a Tachel fan but I do believe the best thing they ever did for Tony's character was pair him up with Rachel because ever since they have, his screentime and popularity has increased by a lot and there's been a lot more they can do with his character. In fact, this year, I think he's had more storylines than Rachel :lol: I never even noticed Tony when he was with Beth because they just never did anything, all he ever did was comfort her when something bad happened and he was much more her 'handbag' than Rachel's which some people have mentioned.

Well, I loved Tony & Beth because I really loved Beth. But when Holdens came, their charm surprising. I agree that Tony was more background and he didn't have any big storylines. When I discovered that Tony dates with Rachel in Australian (I'm little behind at home), I was like :o Didn't see that coming. But I liked them, right for each other. When Tony was with Beth there were so many other things going on, Jack and Martha issues, Matilda in recovering, Kit was pregnant and all other stuff, writers almost like forgot them. Now we see Tony more and I love him even more ! :)