Jack/Martha

Dean

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martha and Jack will always be one of those special couples.

It wasn't that they had a relationship broke off and then got together again. Even when they were not together and had other partners, they kept on needing each other and turning to each other for support. This made me wanting them to be together so badly.

Other couples, when they seperate, they have not much in common anymore and few scenes together. By jack and martha, they ALWAYS had scenes together, for us to know that they wish to be together. That's why i love them together, and don't think anyone can replace Jack. Sure Martha will fall in love again, but nothing which can be compared to her feelings for Jack.

Must have been weird for Jodi, after so many scenes with Paul (and they had tons), not to have any single one anymore.

I gave in and watched some old scenes and I had to stop. It really was too tough. Jaysus - how did this storyline get under my skin so much?

I never liked Jack or Martha tbh but this storyline has grabbed me and I really really want to know how it pans out re what REALLY happend and why

Ive only time ever liked Jack when he was a Holden - a brother to Lucas and a son to Tony and nothing is worse than losing a child even if they are grown up :(. Normally we get to see charater killed of, people upset for 4 or 5 epidsodes and act like nothing happend after that. Here we have a proper greiving process for once. We feel how hard its been for Matha losing a soul mate we felt the anguish Tony went through that that comes with losing a child

To me thats why its compelling - popular character (Jack) with great writing (proper greving / investigative storyline) with great acting (Jodi and Jon - and even to a lesser extent Luke's great acting as Angelo)

Shame they couldn't be bothered to write properly for Jack for the 3 and a half years he was on the show. He still remains the least developed permanent character ever if you ask me. He was like a cardboard cutout, not a proper character.

Sorry Jack fans, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with DinerLandlord on this one. If the writers gave the character at least six months to settle in, before having storylines, then he only might've been more likeable by fans. Don't get me wrong, Paul O'Brien was a brilliant actor, but it was such a shame he portrayed such a dim-witted character. Same with Jodi Gordon regarding Martha Holden and Jon Siverwright regarding Tony Holden.

I have to be honest here,

I've never been Jartha Fan; but I have to say that I was on youtube the other day and came across some old h+a clips back from when the holden's arrived and it made me fall in love with Jack's character all over again! :wub:

I've never been that big on Martha's character but I've slowly warmed to her and now I think the show wouldn't be the same without her;

I think Martha has definatly come along way and she has changed so much from the minute she met Jack to now. I think it was because they were younger back then.

I really miss Jack :( I've gone through phases when one minute I'm not keen on him and the next I adore him, but now that he's gone it makes me relise how much his character is missed.

I really hope Martha doesn't get with Hugo, after everything she's been through with Jack to fall in love with someone else so quickly would be a smack in the face.

I'm not saying she must be alone and unhappy for ever I just really want Jack to rise from the ashes :lol:

I also really want Lucas Holden back, I know it's not part of this discussion but I really miss him :( And Mattie and Ric!

Ahhhh I want some of the old characters back...... no fair! :(

Edited by haaxhaa

I'm not saying she must be alone and unhappy for ever I just really want Jack to rise from the ashes :lol:

I also really want Lucas Holden back, I know it's not part of this discussion but I really miss him :( And Mattie and Ric!

Ahhhh I want some of the old characters back...... no fair!

Agreed and... Agreed :lol:

I loved Lucas... and Jack :wub: Definitely not the same without him :(

Jack might not have been 'developed' and he wasnt a very good cop but he loved Martha despite all the obstacles in their way such as Ash, Sam... they ended up together and Jack changed towards the end, his relationship with Martha mattered. I will always be a Jack fan for life.

Jack might not have been 'developed' and he wasnt a very good cop but he loved Martha despite all the obstacles in their way such as Ash, Sam... they ended up together and Jack changed towards the end, his relationship with Martha mattered. I will always be a Jack fan for life.

Yeah I'm with you on that Zetti, he may not have been developed but he was Martha's soulmate and no matter what was thrown in their way they overcame everything and ended up back in each others arms where they belong.You do'nt come across couples like J&M everyday on T.V because they were just so special and had amazing chemistry.I don't take to couples very lightly at all but it was just so hard to not let them both get under my skin.. I will always remember both the highs and lows of of their truly amazing relationship.

JM fans unite together :D

I can't say that I was ever a Jack fan or a JnM fan but I always had this niggling feeling that if Jack left before Martha that it would lead to me like her and guess what's happened?!?! Ever since Jack died Martha has grown on me a lot. She's far more interesting without him. I agree, Jack was like a cardboard cut out and quite possibly one of the worst policemen ever in Summer Bay.