Aden Jefferies - Todd Lasance

Foxy

I'd say it was "assault" whether someone reported him for it or not.Obviously, they haven't but that's just because Aden is and always has been unaccountably lucky on legal matters.(Think about all the stuff that happened before he became a regular.He gave his brother a false alibi, the police found out...and it was never mentioned again.He gave Tam, an underage girl, alcohol so he could take advantage of her, Sally actually said she was contacting the police...and it was never mentioned again.He and his mates made a false statement to get Cassie into trouble over the car accident, his cousin admitted they'd done it, in court... and it was never mentioned again.Either the guy's got a list of cautions longer than his arm or he's got a magical ability to make people forget things.)You can justify his behaviour but at the end of the day, if any one of them pressed charges he'd be in serious trouble and he either doesn't care, doesn't realise it or is so used to getting away with things he just assumes it's going to happen again.

In addition to the development guy, the dealer and Liam, when he found out about Joey being raped, he stormed into the surf club, grabbed hold of Robbo and slammed him against a wall in front of several witnesses.(And the guys who were there with Robbo, um, just stood there and watched.)Again, he was defending a friend and the guy probably deserved it but again it didn't even seem to enter his head the trouble he could be getting himself in.(He then had a go at Robbo again when he caught him harrassing Joey and had to be restrained, which definitely came under the banner of protecting her but again...)

Okay here's my opinion on this, I think you need to let go of the past because its likely when the events occured the writers probably didnt know they were gonna make Aden have a background of abuse. You need to start seeing the person Aden is now from the old Aden. Holding someone against the wall is not phyiscally assulting someone (to me) he harmed him in no way, no physcial scars. Don't focus on the old Aden, see the new Aden.

Frankly, the new Aden is as big a jerk as the old Aden a lot of the time.I find the whole "he was abused so we should forgive him everything" a bit of a cop out, it's not as if he's ever expressed any real remorse for, well, pretty much anything he's done.I'm just making a point that the guy seems to be completely untouchable in legal terms.Legally speaking, slamming(not gently pushing)someone against a wall is assault legally and the guy's very lucky that no-one seems to mind him doing it on a regular basis.

I'm happy to see that Aden will be

getting a chance to say a proper goodbye to Roman.

I'm looking forward to it. With the way things have been recently with them, I was a little worried that the writers wouldn't bother to have a scene between them.

Edited by Jody

I think that when people lose their temper, they dont unfortunately think about the consequences afterwards so I dont really think that you can blame him for that but he has made plenty of mistakes and he should face some sort of backlash for it but as Mistified said it in the writers view could disrupt from the following storylines.

I'm happy to see that Aden will be

getting a chance to say a proper goodbye to Roman.

I'm looking forward to it. With the way things have been recently with them, I was a little worried that the writers wouldn't bother to have a scene between them.

Oh, I'm happy to hear that too, I do really think their relationship and I was worried things would be left unresolved.

Frankly, the new Aden is as big a jerk as the old Aden a lot of the time.I find the whole "he was abused so we should forgive him everything" a bit of a cop out, it's not as if he's ever expressed any real remorse for, well, pretty much anything he's done

See I think in reality, for most pro-Aden viewers it's (however unconciously) more "he has a cute smile and awesome body so we should forgive him everything". What I mean is, he's one of those charcters that somehow keeps most viewers(it seems) liking him regardless of how many bad things he says and does. Sure there were a few moments early on with Belle, and the obvious kidnapping/attempted murder storyline, when his past abuse was used as his excuse; but I don't think his past, apart from a few mentions of his fathers drinking, has really been mentioned much this year so it doesn't seem to be his obvious excuse anymore. It's more he just reacts violently to anyone he percieves as a threat in that moment, for reasons that don't relate much to his past at all.

But anyways, I totally agree with you about the weird way he keeps getting away with "bad behavior" when he's on a good behavior bond. I know no one he attacked reported him, but it's a small town, surely someone would've mentioned something? Plus he doesn't seem to even remember he's on a good-behavior bond, which, even for an impulsive chacter like Aden, is a little dumb to say the least. :unsure: However I do think he shows a remorse for some things, ie sleeping with Nic. And when you think about it, plenty of other characters on HAA show hardly any remorse when they mess up too. It's kinda the norm...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kind of getting annoyed with how the writers are portraying Aden this year. His abuse stuff seems to have faded away, just like what happened with Cassie. They did a great job of exploring it last year, and now we've been given nothing. It would have been great to have seen him talking to Joey, telling him something about what happened to him, or at least say something when Roman was leaving like "Thankyou for helping me to deal with my father"...I don't care what he says...I just want a line, to at least acknowledge that they still remember that all important storyline!

Bring back one of his brothers I say! That would make me happy.