Belle Taylor - Jessica Tovey

Foxy

I agree with a lot of things that you said there, Slade.

Belle was a character that not everyone could love (although I did), but Jess Tovey's acting was fantastic, and really shone compared to some of the other characters on the show... not mentioning any names.

Her friendship with Nicole, although portrayed very sweetly, didn't ring true for me either. They had never gotten along, and Aden had been their only connection, and I just thought it was strange, giving Belle such an intense new relationship at the end of her time on the show. I would have preferred it if she had spent more time with Aden, Amanda, Irene, Geoff and Annie, or if the writers had brought back in Belle's old friends, like Mattie or Cassie.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to say congrats to Jess Tovey for her outstanding performance on Special Ops. She did a wonderful job, I only wish she had more dialouge and more scenes, but what she was given she did a outstanding portrayal of an Eco-Terrorist :P Go Jess!!!

I just wanted to say congrats to Jess Tovey for her outstanding performance on Special Ops. She did a wonderful job, I only wish she had more dialouge and more scenes, but what she was given she did a outstanding portrayal of an Eco-Terrorist :P Go Jess!!!

here here... couldn't have said it better myself... jess was amazing lol

she definitely likes her feisty character roles... does anyone else know of anything else she will be in or she going to take some time off?

here here... couldn't have said it better myself... jess was amazing lol

she definitely likes her feisty character roles... does anyone else know of anything else she will be in or she going to take some time off?

I remember reading in a magazine article that Jess wanted to take about six months off and be a normal person for a while, because she walked straight onto the set of Home and Away after doing her HSC's. After that, she said it would be full steam ahead.

Hope that helps Bec :D

Isn't it ironic that if Belle & Aden never got together then she most likely wouldn't have been killed off

We don't know that for sure, but Belle would have left whether she died or left because she wanted say travel the world or whatever reason the writers would had decided to do. Jess wanted to leave, she wanted a change. Does it really matter which way Belle left she's still gone :(

The writers couldn't break adelle up so the only way they could break adelle apart was by killing Belle.

• 4 weeks later...

i was really surprised to not see any of the old characters at her funeral. I no they all have other commitments, but people like sally, cassie, matilda, ric. they should have been there to say goodbye really. dont u guys fink?

It's not that easy to bring back old characters. Remember they are played by real people who have moved on. Most of them have other jobs, moved to USA or other places. In real life old friends would have come back for a funeral, but it's not that easy to bring old characters back. I think that it didn't matter that much in Belles case.., her mum (it was really nice that Holly/Amanda could come back) and Irene who was her foster mum were there. It was worse at Beths funeral, where 3 of her kids were missing (Scott, Robbie and Henry).

It was worse at Beths funeral, where 3 of her kids were missing (Scott, Robbie and Henry).

Except the writers cleverly made a way around that.

They only held a memorial service for Beth in the bay. Her funeral was in Adelaide (I think) and we were told that the whole family went to that.