Belle Taylor - Jessica Tovey

Foxy

the writers keep making her cheat on people :(

She's always had quite a....questionnable....attitude to relationships though, which is again a sign of consistent writing - one of the first things she did when she arrived in the bay was to throw herself at Ric, despite knowing full well that he was with Cassie. She's also cheated on Lucas too, it hasn't all started with Aden and Angelo.

I'd be very interesting in exploring her background a little more. Although we found out the identity of her mother, I still think more could be explored on how the first 16 years of her life (which were surrounded by strict Christian values if I remember correctly) impacts on the person she is today. It's especially strange they haven't picked up on this with the introduction of Annie and Geoff into the Beach House.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zetti can I thank you for bringing to my attention the fun Belle and feisty character I used to know. I miss her now because all her storylines are about relationships (well apart from the development storyline) and the writers keep making her cheat on people :(

No problem. I actually agree with Foxy on some areas. Exploring Belle's past with her childhood and maybe even bring in that sister they had talked about in 2006 I think. Belle needs interaction with family and friends as well as Aden considering he is her boyfriend, but I dont want Belle to become a character that only lives for Aden, she is worth a hell of lot more than that.

I loved how her and Amanda hated each other and it was hilarious when Amanda bumped into belle on purpose and spilt milkshakes all over Belle.Then when belle went and poured sour milk all over Amanda's new rug. :lol:

Then when Amanda confronted her Amanda says "you ruined my 15,000 dollar rug" and Belle replied "well you ruined my 15 dollar shirt" :lol:

that was classic!!

Me too. Amanda and Belle were one of the reasons I started watching Home and Away on a regular basis again (which is one of the reasons why I find myself unable to hate her). As I’ve said before I loved those scenes. When Belle looked under Amanda’s rug for the key, the whole tit for tat thing was just so childish but so funny as well. And Belle had the gall to blame Amanda for leaving her key in such and easy place to find in the first place.

Do you remember the episode before where Amanda was moving into her new house and Belle was handing out the fliers in protest to Amanda’s plan make a film and she almost ran her over with her Audi TT in her driveway, “Get of my property you little insect”. I really liked Belle during this period.

And she always seemed quite perceptive, always the detective. She figured out that Kelli Vale was the one who arranged her kidnapping when she recognised the guy who kidnapped her and saw a bag that resembled one her aunt had in his car. She was also the one that kept putting pressure on Peter to investigate the whole business with Kelli, Amanda and Ethan when she spotted them together in a photograph she took. So I suppose in relation to the development site storyline that is something they have kept consistent.

I think Belle is one of those characters whose background I never paid much attention to.I remember we met her adoptive father in one episode but I don't remember that many details.I seem to recall that her adoptive parents had had her handed to them illegally by Kitty(since Amanda thought she was dead)and that they didn't really seem to have much interest in her, her father only turned up because Amanda had come into money and having looked after her for years he thought they were entitled to some of it.They reported her missing to the police but when Peter tracked her down they weren't actually interested in having her back.She had a sister?Don't remember that at all.It's probably one of those details that disappeared into the ether.I think Ric was meant to have a sister too at one point.

I'd be interested to learn more about Belle's background too. Those years that we didn't see shape a person's life so much and have a big impact on how they view themselves, view the world and treat others. That's why I always appreciate the snippets we get on a character's background. They help create a more rounded picture of them and their life, I feel.

Amanda and Belle - they were great, weren't they?! To see them go from, as Zetti put it, "mortal enemies" to this less explosive and more accepting of each other's faults sort of relationship was a lovely transistion to see. I know some found the concept of Belle forgiving Amanda for the Drew debarcle, and a whole load of other stuff (!), far-fetched, but to have them at each other's throats for ever wasn't really going to achieve anything at the end of the day. A state of stalemate wouldn't have been healthy and would likely have fueled their hostile behaviour even more.

I can't recall whether it's ever been discussed on the show, but I definitely remember the rumour regarding Belle's sister. Wasn't her name supposed to be Emma? I'm sure it was something like that. It's a shame we've never seen her if she does exist. I can imagine sparks flying between her and Belle if she ever did arrive, especially if she was quite a bit younger than her. Belle always strikes me as the type who values her own space, so the arrival of a little sister would probably seem like an invasion of mass proportions!

I'm just thinking about what I'd like to see for Belle in the new season and while I found all of the storylines she was involved in last year enjoyable, I'd love to see some of the 'old' Belle return. I completely understand and appreciate that she had a huge year and that she'll need time to deal with it, which will no doubt see her in a highly emotional state for some time again this year etc., but I really hope that there are some calmer and less hectic times ahead of her. I don't expect to see her laughing and joking every five seconds, but to see some of that vibrant and happy personality creeping back in would be good to see. I think her getting into photography again as a hobby would be an excellent way of doing that. Before Murray came along and the development site became her main focus, she really wanted to 'find' herself again and I don't feel she got the chance to do that properly. While the development site saga gave her a chance to really get involved and use her energies, I don't believe she achieved as much on a personal level as she would've had she have continued photography. But then it could be argued that her turning down the chance to help would've been out of character. Either way I would love to see some 'down time' for her. She had a horrible year. Whether or not she was to blame for some of it, in terms of the actions she took, she had a horrible year and I feel she deserves a level of sympathy.

the writers keep making her cheat on people :(

She's always had quite a....questionnable....attitude to relationships though, which is again a sign of consistent writing - one of the first things she did when she arrived in the bay was to throw herself at Ric, despite knowing full well that he was with Cassie. She's also cheated on Lucas too, it hasn't all started with Aden and Angelo.

I'd be very interesting in exploring her background a little more. Although we found out the identity of her mother, I still think more could be explored on how the first 16 years of her life (which were surrounded by strict Christian values if I remember correctly) impacts on the person she is today. It's especially strange they haven't picked up on this with the introduction of Annie and Geoff into the Beach House.

Yeah I agree with you Foxy about the whole Annie and Geoff moving into the Beach House may have caused a faith conversation between Belle and the siblings.

We did have that whole thing at Easter do you remember with the whole thing about Easter eggs!!

I'd be interested to learn more about Belle's background too. Those years that we didn't see shape a person's life so much and have a big impact on how they view themselves, view the world and treat others. That's why I always appreciate the snippets we get on a character's background. They help create a more rounded picture of them and their life, I feel.

Amanda and Belle - they were great, weren't they?! To see them go from, as Zetti put it, "mortal enemies" to this less explosive and more accepting of each other's faults sort of relationship was a lovely transistion to see. I know some found the concept of Belle forgiving Amanda for the Drew debarcle, and a whole load of other stuff (!), far-fetched, but to have them at each other's throats for ever wasn't really going to achieve anything at the end of the day. A state of stalemate wouldn't have been healthy and would likely have fueled their hostile behaviour even more.

I can't recall whether it's ever been discussed on the show, but I definitely remember the rumour regarding Belle's sister. Wasn't her name supposed to be Emma? I'm sure it was something like that. It's a shame we've never seen her if she does exist. I can imagine sparks flying between her and Belle if she ever did arrive, especially if she was quite a bit younger than her. Belle always strikes me as the type who values her own space, so the arrival of a little sister would probably seem like an invasion of mass proportions!

I'm just thinking about what I'd like to see for Belle in the new season and while I found all of the storylines she was involved in last year enjoyable, I'd love to see some of the 'old' Belle return. I completely understand and appreciate that she had a huge year and that she'll need time to deal with it, which will no doubt see her in a highly emotional state for some time again this year etc., but I really hope that there are some calmer and less hectic times ahead of her. I don't expect to see her laughing and joking every five seconds, but to see some of that vibrant and happy personality creeping back in would be good to see. I think her getting into photography again as a hobby would be an excellent way of doing that. Before Murray came along and the development site became her main focus, she really wanted to 'find' herself again and I don't feel she got the chance to do that properly. While the development site saga gave her a chance to really get involved and use her energies, I don't believe she achieved as much on a personal level as she would've had she have continued photography. But then it could be argued that her turning down the chance to help would've been out of character. Either way I would love to see some 'down time' for her. She had a horrible year. Whether or not she was to blame for some of it, in terms of the actions she took, she had a horrible year and I feel she deserves a level of sympathy.

yeah i fully agree with this post. It will be esp strange for the writers to have Belle preach about 'finding' herself again and then not go further with it! I think i recall Jess saying in an interview that this year will probably be the year where we will get to see the old Belle back again,

i think after the drug or rape fiasco

? I hope shes talking about the Belle that we all know and love, the feisty smart mouth one :D...and i agree with sexyluc. If she does take on photography again, i hope its something that will not become something fulltime. I want to see her take it up through an artistic approach, someone who does it when it feels right rather than it being something thats been forced.

MOD EDIT: Potential spoilers concealed.

yeah i fully agree with this post. It will be esp strange for the writers to have Belle preach about 'finding' herself again and then not go further with it! I think i recall Jess saying in an interview that this year will probably be the year where we will get to see the old Belle back again,

i think after the drug or rape fiasco

? I hope shes talking about the Belle that we all know and love, the feisty smart mouth one :D...and i agree with sexyluc. If she does take on photography again, i hope its something that will not become something fulltime. I want to see her take it up through an artistic approach, someone who does it when it feels right rather than it being something thats been forced.

MOD EDIT: Potential spoilers concealed.

Oh I really hope we get to see a really fun and happy side to Belle in 2009.Ever since she broke up with Drew she has been miserable ever since,poor girl.

Guys dont even ask me why i have started to like Belle all of a sudden because I really dont know the answer :P

Anyway yeah it would be nice to have Belle doing an art course if not back to photography because she is cant be stuck serving food for the rest of her life.So people should really campaign for some Belle happiness in 2009 at some point. But I really dont like the chances of that girl ever being happy!!

I think Belle will need to take a break sometime soon because things arent going well for her in the bay at the moment and if she keeps getting traumatised time and time again the poor girl will be driven to the depths of despair.

For some reason when I think of a job for her, the first thing that comes to mind is part time art/photography teacher at the highscool. I don't think she has the qualifications for it, but it would be nice. Working at the newspaper sounds good too. But I want it to be just another good job for her. I wouldn't want the writers to keep creating storylines around it, all the time.

Edited by Jody