Belle Taylor - Jessica Tovey

Foxy

I reckon Belle has done alot of growing since she first arrived in the bay. I think that people like certain characters because they can relate in some way and thats why we like them (thats what I think anyway...) I love Belle I dont know why but I just do! Why do you guys like Belle (please if you dont like Belle dont tell me a thousand reasons why u hate her I already know the reason there are pages and pages disucssing why people hate her, I want to know the good stuff).

In every show you will always get the typical cliched character. You either have the "hot" blonde girl with the nasty attitude, or you have the good girl who constantly follows the rules, or you have the girl who is mature beyond her years. BUT....then you get the girl who is the complete opposite to all these other girls i mentioned plus more, who is artsy, fiesty, punk like and pretty much doesn't take any crap from anybody. To me that kind of girl is the character that i tend to be interested in. To me she is the only female character on the show that has been entertaining from the word go...the fact that she can garner so much debate about her character to me means that Jess is doing a damn good job at playing her out well. And the fact that even I am taking an interest in a character from any soap show is AMAZING! (H&A is the only soap show i watch, SHOT H&A!)...Another thing thats so damn good about Belle/Jess is the way she can play out so many emotions! I can seriously watch an episode where she can be angry, sad, or hysterical and be entranced in that very moment at that very performance and not be laughing my a** off because its either cheesy or corny to the bone!! Her performance to me is breathtaking and flawless! I am truely her greatest fan and hope that Belle will become the person she once was before all this development site crap, and i also hope that Jess comes away with a Logie award...i think shes proven to everyone why she should :D

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broadly speaking, I don't think Belle did anything she didn't want to.But I do think that the way Aden behaved towards her was, possibly unconsciously, rather manipulative and caused her to do things she knew were wrong, even though they were what she wanted to do.When he came to see her in her bedroom, she said "No" to him at least once and told him she'd chosen Angelo and he basically ignored her.I was accused once of implying that Aden raped Belle which isn't what I believe.But I do wonder sometimes how long it would have taken Aden to get the message if Belle had stuck to her principles and kept saying "No".As with many of Aden's actions during that period, the only reason he got away with it was because he was right and Belle did still have feelings for him.If he'd misread things and she really hadn't wanted to be with him, his behaviour would have been rather unnerving.

Now to the bit where I disagree with you! :ph34r: For me, that scene in the bedroom was Aden trying to straighten out the mess they were in, and figure out Belle's true feelings for him for once and for all. At this point, Belle had told him that she still loved him (after the courtcase). He had heard her teary admission to wishing Aden had told her he wanted her back before she had slept with Angelo. And just before that, she admitted to protecting him from the developers threat.

I think it was pretty clear to Aden at this stage that she still had feelings for him, and the scene in the bedroom was just his way of making her confront her true feelings. I think the way in which he went about it was pretty much keeping in character with Aden, in that he fights for what he believes in. Belle did make a few half-hearted attempts at a rebuttal, but I don't think for an instant that Aden forced her hand in any way. I would like to think that had she rebuffed him strongly, he would have accepted her decision, but thats all hearsay I guess!

I will try and make this the last time I bang on about this scene because I imagine people are tired of hearing it.Here's my take on what happened.Aden doesn't go to that room to find out how Belle feels. He goes there to tell her how she feels and get her to do something about it.Belle, in my view, is torn between what she wants(Aden)and doing what she thinks is right(not hurting/cheating on Angelo). Maybe it is in character for Aden to act in an aggressive manner but really all he needed her to do was get her to admit what she wanted(confront her true feelings as other people have put it)and then they could sit down and discuss calmly how they were going to proceed.But instead, much like Belle with the development, he seemed to want everything to happen straightaway.He kissed her and she pushed him away because she knew it was the wrong thing to do.Then, after more intense dialogue about how they're meant to be together and how it's right, he kissed her again and she gave in to it and responded.I do think that he pressured her into acting on her feelings against her better judgement.

I think that they are two passionate and headstrong characters and when you are as intense as they both are things are going to messy. They can go from the train crash to the other extreme and its wonderful or awful, but still intense and they still cant stop loving each other. Belle still has a bit of growing up to do, and there is still a lot of the Belle who was there when she first came to the the Bay. She has learned a lot from living with Irene and form her experiences with Drew and Lucas but she still has heaps to learn. They sort of knew what they were doing was wrong but didn't have the where with all to get themselves out of the mess they were in without hurting someone.

I think that they are two passionate and headstrong characters and when you are as intense as they both are things are going to messy. They can go from the train crash to the other extreme and its wonderful or awful, but still intense and they still cant stop loving each other. Belle still has a bit of growing up to do, and there is still a lot of the Belle who was there when she first came to the the Bay. She has learned a lot from living with Irene and form her experiences with Drew and Lucas but she still has heaps to learn. They sort of knew what they were doing was wrong but didn't have the where with all to get themselves out of the mess they were in without hurting someone.

i couldn't agree with you more - bravo, you phrased that very well! :D

One of my hopes for this year is that the writers remember that Belle is a great character on her own, and she's not just Aden's girlfriend. I think they seem to forget that sometimes. As much as I love Adelle, I loved Belle talking to Irene about, how she's gotten so caught up with her relationship with Aden that she's completely neglected the rest of her life. Now that the developement stuff as helped her get back into her passion, once she recovers from everything shes going through, I want to see get out of the Diner and use her talent to make a proper career for herself.

Edited by Jody

^^ yep totally agree. I would love to see her take on photography again, maybe become a studio photographer? or a freelance photographer, something artsy. She is too funky and hip to be working in the diner still and if the writers want to develop her character to become even more fresher than they should give her something that gives her freedom to express herself as she does it so well with that mouth of hers :lol: (in a good way obviously). So yeah hopefully we'll get to see a more chilled Belle in the coming months...

^ That would be good if she did take up photography again. I hope they don't change the character too much in 2009. I doubt that she would take up photography next year, or at least not in the first half of the year.

Edited by homeandawayxoxo

Belle taking on photography again would be so cool. I want her to go back to the feisty character she was when Amanda and her were mortal enemies!

I actually loved Belle at that time as well actually.

I loved how her and Amanda hated each other and it was hilarious when Amanda bumped into belle on purpose and spilt milkshakes all over Belle.Then when belle went and poured sour milk all over Amanda's new rug. :lol:

Then when Amanda confronted her Amanda says "you ruined my 15,000 dollar rug" and Belle replied "well you ruined my 15 dollar shirt" :lol:

that was classic!!

I would love her to go back to photography again that would be good but i would like her to have a good job like but not have her storylines be about her actual job but just mention it now again if you know how I mean.

Zetti can I thank you for bringing to my attention the fun Belle and feisty character I used to know. I miss her now because all her storylines are about relationships (well apart from the development storyline) and the writers keep making her cheat on people :(