Morag Bellingham - Cornelia Frances

emmasi

15 hours ago, lozza018 said:

it's odd how they haven't given Morag a proper send off. They should dedicate a farewell story to her. She was a lot more popular that people realised! 

Absolutely!! 

It's the least Channel 7 can do after all the commitment and support Cornelia has done since when she first started on Home and Away in 1988! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I must say I much  preferred 2000's  Morag to 80s Morag as I felt 80s Morag was a bit over top in her nasty mouth for someone who was supposed to be an intelligent woman and high court judge. Not saying that just because you're an intelligent person that you're nice.

But I just mean in real life anyone would think  Morag was not cut out to be a judge if she was being that over the top nasty and lot of her words were not really coming from someone who was supposed to be an intelligent woman. 

Morag we had in 2000s was far more intelligent with her words and  put downs and normally it was to someone that deserved to be put down. 

That's why I think Morag was shown more once she mellowed as there was to do with her character as when they kept her nasty there was limited to what could do with her character by being cut off with everyone. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I’m shocked that they haven’t mentioned Morag being dead yet, are they just gonna ignore it and never mention her again on the show? That would be really disrespectful towards Cornelia and all the good and hard work she put into her character over the almost 30 years she was on and off from the show...

• Like 1

I think it's a shame Morag didn't appear more around 2010-2017 as I would like to see Morag try to keep the Braxtons under control and battle with Jade Montgomery and Charlotte King and  helping Morgans  in witness protection and also putting Alf in his place in 2015 after he was taken out on everyone when his past demons form war come to haunt him. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

After re watching 1989 season I noticed Morag seemed to be   on her way  to mellowing and becoming  more like  she was later on  and wasn’t until her exit storyline that ruined it  and also at time siding against Fletcher's in Custody battle with Sally. 

I can understand how PTB felt there was not much more they could done with Morag as direction show was heading towards then didn’t really suit Morag type  of character. 

But I think they could at kept Morag around til 1990 season and had Morag leave on more positive note and return as guest in 90s. 

Edited by j.laur5

• 1 month later...

It’s about time they gave Morag some proper closure, she was one of the greats and an appearance from Morag throughout the 00s and last few years was always a treat. As has been mentioned previously more use could’ve been made of her between 2010-2017, but I suppose it all depended on how long Cornelia Frances wanted to return for. 

• Like 1