Morag Bellingham - Cornelia Frances

emmasi

I would have loved to have Morag back in the Bay. I think as long Alf is there she has a lot to do. It would have been good to have her around to fix problems and resolve mysteries like she did in the 00's. I would have loved to see her interact with the younger cast too, as she was great with Aden, Nicole and Roman. 

But I have a feeling that we have seen the last of Morag... Unfortunately. 

i really think it's time to get rid of some of the dead weight in the show and bring in some older characters, Morag and Don Fisher are a must for me even if it's just as a guest for Don but I'd have Morag back for good in a heartbeat.

That would leave like 10 characters :devil:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Going back many years when Morag teamed up with Nicholas to set Roo up with the poison pen letters. This resulted in Alf throwing Roo out so she moved in with Morag. 

Did Roo ever find out that Morag was in on this? I don't think she did. 

Wouldn't be nice that during her return Roo some how finally finds this out. This good produce some great drama for the Stewart clan and Alf would be pretty annoyed too. Nice bit of family history to. 

Perhaps Morag may even decided it was time to admit this. This would convince me more with the way she has been portrayed in the past 10 years as being more genuinely caring. I'm still not sure on this Morag the saviour image she has had in recent years. Helping all the characters out with nothing to gain for herself. I think they could have invested more time in the writing to explore the turn around of the way she is now. 

It was as recent as 2001 when she was black mailing Shauna to tell every one how she was conceived so she could get her hands on Duncan. Alf had only just lost his wife and because of Morag he lost his son too. Showing that she was an evil cow even in the early 00s 

1 hour ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Going back many years when Morag teamed up with Nicholas to set Roo up with the poison pen letters. This resulted in Alf throwing Roo out so she moved in with Morag. 

Did Roo ever find out that Morag was in on this? I don't think she did. 

Wouldn't be nice that during her return Roo some how finally finds this out. This good produce some great drama for the Stewart clan and Alf would be pretty annoyed too. Nice bit of family history to. 

Perhaps Morag may even decided it was time to admit this. This would convince me more with the way she has been portrayed in the past 10 years as being more genuinely caring. I'm still not sure on this Morag the saviour image she has had in recent years. Helping all the characters out with nothing to gain for herself. I think they could have invested more time in the writing to explore the turn around of the way she is now. 

It was as recent as 2001 when she was black mailing Shauna to tell every one how she was conceived so she could get her hands on Duncan. Alf had only just lost his wife and because of Morag he lost his son too. Showing that she was an evil cow even in the early 00s 

Im pretty sure Roo did find out about the Poison Pen letter's but im not 100% I could be wrong I seem to recall that was the reason Alf disowned Morag for the first time and the reason Ailsa hated her and didn't trust her when she returned in 93 claiming she had Sam's best interests at heart, but as you say it would be good for it to be included in some way, It's just a shame she's not around for a long time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gazza said:

Im pretty sure Roo did find out about the Poison Pen letter's but im not 100% I could be wrong I seem to recall that was the reason Alf disowned Morag for the first time and the reason Ailsa hated her and didn't trust her when she returned in 93 claiming she had Sam's best interests at heart, but as you say it would be good for it to be included in some way, It's just a shame she's not around for a long time.

I'm sure they found out it was Nicholas and Alf had to do an awful lot of grovelling to Roo to do but by then Morag was out of the deal so it never got investigated. That's why Roo continued to live with Morag in the Blaxland mansion. Roo only fell out with Morag after the way she kept interfering with her and Simon. Id love a writer to come back from that era to write for modern day Morag. Someone who really gets her and her complexities. 

Edited by Blaxland 89

7 hours ago, Wanderer101 said:

So, I started watching in 2007. Was Morag actually pretty cold and evil back in the old days or what?

Haven't you seen any old episodes that feature Morag? She was somewhat cold but never evil. I don't like the way she treated Bobby at first but she certainly gave as good as she got! She clearly loves her family but Morag protects herself with a tough exterior which is understandable considering what she's been through.