Morag Bellingham - Cornelia Frances

emmasi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

What does everybody think of Morag's latest stint in the Bay so far?

I think she has been on relatively good form, and it's been great to see her with Marilyn and especially Roo again. It has also been interesting to see her as the matriarch of Summer Bay House, a new role for her.

But I think she has really lacked a good strong story of her own.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I haven't liked about Morag's return is the relationship between her and Roo(or lack of it perhaps), which feels completely off, which is a shame since they got the relationship between Roo and Alf spot on.As with the nonsensical feud between Colleen and Marilyn when she came back, it feels like they're trying to create conflict by pretending two characters never got on and hoping no-one remembers different.

Other than that, I think she's been written for well.She's taken Alf's place on the show but it's not a case of crossing out "Alf" and writing "Morag" in the scripts, it's 100% her and you couldn't really imagine anyone else in that role, with that now characteristic balance of aloofness and compassion.

• 1 month later...

Morag makes me laugh. It's her facial expressions as well as the comments she makes, because her facial expressions never seem to change. She just seems to have that same look on her face. She hardly smiles and at the same time I've never seen her sad.

I think its good to have a character like Morag in Home & Away.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Like I have said before, Morag is such a complex and important character to the Stewart clan. She should make regular appearances and the writers could really bring the character to life again - presuming they actually care about the history of the show, that is.

Cornelia seems to have felt underused in the past and I think she was rather upset early this year. :(