Morag Bellingham - Cornelia Frances

emmasi

It’s a shame Alf was not around during Morag's final appearances even though it was supposed be her last appearance.

I like her final scene was with Ruth despite it being a different actress. It was fitting since the reason why she first appeared on the show was Ruth .

And at least in her last appearance Morag had some warm moments with Irene/Marilyn/Leah/Roo. Morag did build something of a friendship with Leah and Irene over the years. Morag said Marilyn has turned into a strong women and that shows Morag remembers how far she has come since she was her naive housekeeper. Morag was proud of Marilyn.

• 2 months later...
On 17/07/2018 at 05:07, j.laur5 said:

It’s a shame Alf was not around during Morag's final appearances even though it was supposed be her last appearance.

I like her final scene was with Ruth despite it being a different actress. It was fitting since the reason why she first appeared on the show was Ruth .

And at least in her last appearance Morag had some warm moments with Irene/Marilyn/Leah/Roo. Morag did build something of a friendship with Leah and Irene over the years. Morag said Marilyn has turned into a strong women and that shows Morag remembers how far she has come since she was her naive housekeeper. Morag was proud of Marilyn.

Do you know episode numbers for any of the above?

On 27/09/2018 at 20:35, Sally Keating said:

Do you know episode numbers for any of the above?

Episodes 6628, 6629, 6630, 6634, 6635, 6636, 6639, 6643 and her final appearance in 6645. 

Cornelia's son, Lawrence, has contacted Channel 7 asking for a final Morag storyline. This is what Lawrence had to say on the matter:

"I think it would have been a nice idea to have a farewell on home and away with Mum (Cornelia) and she could pass away and they could dedicate the show to the Australian Cancer Council. Ray has been amazing with his support and especially donating the funds from his hot sauce to the Cancer foundation. I wish Channel 7 had as much gumption as Ray and support Mum as much as Morag supported Channel 7 and Home and Away."

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

One of the things I enjoyed most with Morag in the 80s is that she looked at Summer Bay people as a wonderland of mad people and yet Morag was the most mad person in Summer Bay. 

I can understand why her character didn’t last long in the 80s as her character was too one dimensional to fit in with show changing its focus and I don’t think the producers wanted to change Morag to make her fit in. 

That's why 2000s Morag would fitting in much better as regular as there more was were dimensions to her and she was much more. realistic . 

Because the problem with 80s Morag, she was a bit closed off for storylines. 

• 1 month later...

I had this dream that Judi Dench and Maggie Smith had a guest appearance on Home and Away for Morag's departure storyline.

Still can't believe Cornelia has gone, it's been 6 months. 

I REALLY, REALLY hope the show gives Morag a send off storyline. It's the least they can do after all the dedication, support and time Cornelia put into Morag and Channel 7.

• Like 1

On 29/11/2018 at 19:48, DialMforMorag said:

I REALLY, REALLY hope the show gives Morag a send off storyline. It's the least they can do after all the dedication, support and time Cornelia put into Morag and Channel 7.

This! Even Sesame Street had a send off for an actor that died (Will Lee), instead of saying Mr Hooper (the man that Will Lee portrayed in the show) left or retired, they had the character die too, which taught the viewers about death, while Home and Away's viewers are much older than those of Sesame Street, they should still have Morag die, rather than keep her alive, because any other actress portraying Morag would never work.

Edited by Luigi Severus Fletcher
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...