Martha MacKenzie - Jodi Gordon

emmasi

I love the way Martha has evolved from this tomboy-ish, carefree girl into a grown-up, mature adult. Of course I wish she was still together with Jack, but that has been nipped in the bud a long time ago. :P

I just think that yes she was quite selfish and immature when she first came to Summer Bay but she's really matured and I really did love watching it. I've always been a Martha fan. :)

I never used to be a Martha fan; in fact, I said that I hated her, and never would like her. Now I can tolerate her, so that's a major improvement for me :lol:

I think it's because Hugo is gone, and now it's just concentrating on Martha. Plus, I thought she was awesome when she was mothering Bambang, and it was a whole different side of her. Now I'm just hoping that something happens between her and Liam. :wub:

I think that it would be really interesting for Martha and Liam to have a relationship, as he seems to be different to what she would normally go for. They appear to have a fun relationship as friends, so if they did have something between them this might not last. I do think that it is better for them to remain friends though, Martha isn't ready for another relationship just yet (even if her boyfriend is out of the picture). I do find it rather strange for Martha to acting like nothing has happened considering her boyfriend has just died... or so she believes. I think she needs time for herself right now

at least for the time she has left until she leaves

:(!

Edited by Abi

• 3 months later...

Now that Martha has gone, what are everyone's best/worst memories of her? I have listed some of mine below:

BEST:

- Her arrival in the Bay, she was so feisty and headstrong and was introduced during what was one of the biggest H&A eras ever

- Her relationship with Ric, Alf and Morag. This was a great time for the Stewarts and Roo was Morag's pet so it was good to see Roo's daughter also being very close to Morag

- Her wedding to Jack

- Her affair with ash, abortion, poledancing etc - that was probably my favourite Martha storyline and was very controversial!

WORST:

- Jodi's acting at the beginning. I remember one scene where Martha accidentally shot Ric, it was the worst acting I have ever seen but Jodi definitely got better as the years past

- From 2009 to now. Since she got with Hugo I started to despise her. Her neediness, her patheticness, her whole character just disimproved IMO.

- This is nothing to do with the character herself but more to do with wardrobe, the length at which her hair grew after her cancer. She was like Rapunzel and it must have been insulting to people with cancer.

So, goodbye Martha, it's certainly been an eventful five years.....!!!

- This is nothing to do with the character herself but more to do with wardrobe, the length at which her hair grew after her cancer. She was like Rapunzel and it must have been insulting to people with cancer.

:lol: :lol: I don't find this funny, just the fact that my sister mentions this EVERY time Martha comes on screen.

I liked Martha at first, but was never keen on Jack so wasn't a fan of their relationship. Agree with the other high points you've mentioned though. Not liked her at all over the last few years so I definitely think it was a good time to move on.

• 4 months later...