Rachel/Tony

Cal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a fan i clearly don't want them to leave :) There's so much potential for them still, especially as they're going to to be the only married couple on the show with a baby. It's exciting to see where the writers are going to take them. I think Tachel are anything but distant. As Karen pointed out, the events of the past few months have only brought them closer together. They've survived so much together and been through drama's that break so many couples up. It's lovely to see them getting some real happiness at last. :D

Let's start taking bets on where the baby will be born! :lol:

These two are the kind of characters who I don't want to leave yet I'm not a fan. Losing Amy (and Jon as well) would be a big loss to the show. And Tony and Rachel do have the potential to be a good couple for me. Their scenes just need to be written in a better way. I used to be a big fan of this couple for a while in the beginning. But then they came to a point where just seemed to suck the life out of each other in every scene they were in together, except when they are happy. I go back and forth between liking and downright despising Rachel so much. And I think the problem is, not the material she's given (most of the time anyway) but the writing of the scenes. While she is naturally patronising for most part, I find that believable from someone like her, it seems like even when she is being genuine the lines they give her seems to still make her come of in that way. And instead of coming of as the kind, calm and supportive type Tony usually ends up seeming like Rachel's little lapdog who'll take anything she'll dishes out because he doesn't want to risk losing her. Hell, it took him grieving for Jack and being in a bad way before he even found the guts to snap at her even once.

This baby storyline could be exactly what this pairing needs right now. Because this is one couple, that even though I don't like them, when I see them happy with each other it tends to make me smile a bit. We also need a mature stable couple on this show and one that isn't the usual type, really old, teens or 20/30 somethings who behave like teenagers when it comes to relationships. Till the baby is born I'd like just see them focusing on that and not any other drama. All Rachel's mood swings and hormones due to the pregnancy could be fun to watch. Although the writers don't seem to realise that a couple can have small arguments every once in while that doesn't end up threatening the relationship and turning into a whole big issue, hopefully they will here. Because throwing in some nice bickering between all the happiness every once in a while would be just as much fun to watch, help keep things fresh and it won't be all that surprising with Rachel's mood swings. I think I might go back to liking them if this is what we got till the baby arrives. But I know better then to think it will happen.

Edited by Jody

I'm excited for the future. I think the writers have finally realised they need an older, stable couple on the show. I wonder now if they'll give Rachel pregnancy stuff to do, so far she's been pretty lucky! Hopefully all the endless couple drama that plagued them for much of this year will stop, and they'll be given material to deal with together.

It will be fun seeing them cope as parents. :D

It would be great :D I wouldnt be suprised if Tony starts worrying about being a older dad - hes around 40 so that would make him around 60 odd when the kid reaches 21. And it will be interesting to see how he feels when the baby arrives so soon after Jack's passing - will he be scared that it will be a negative impact rather than a positive one or wil it give him the strenght to keep going

I don't think he'll worry about that, it's pretty common for men to have kids in their 40's these days. And he's pretty active so he'll stay young :wink: I think he is really excited about this baby. Even though he was still devastated over Jack he was thrilled when he felt it kick for the first time. I think he'll see it as a way to really move forward and celebrate.

just beause its common doen't mean you don't think about it! Im sure it will be a worry for him and Rach reassures him (and TV week turn it into the biggest issue since Iraq like they always do :P)

Im not saying he won't be positive or it won't be an issue but he wouldn't be human if he wasn't worried about it

Edited by sportzgal82

And I think the problem is, not the material she's given (most of the time anyway) but the writing of the scenes. While she is naturally patronising for most part, I find that believable from someone like her, it seems like even when she is being genuine the lines they give her seems to still make her come of in that way.

I can see where you're coming from here Jody. What I also find is they write Rachel's dialogue a lot of the time as if she if talking to a patient rather than Tony, her fiancee for example. I'm not sure if she's meant to be written this way but it can be very annoying!

I wonder if the reason Tony & Rachel have gone through so much couple drama is because the powers that be wanted to get that out of the way before settling them down as the stable, mature, family unit of the show. They've covered infidelity, lack of trust and lack of communication and past demons, it's like they've got all the negative out of the way so they can start focusing on the positive.

As the only soon to be married couple on the show I think they have so much potential and Amy and Jon are such amazing actors that there's a lot they can give them to work with, especially with the baby coming along. I hope that their near future involves issues they work through together as a couple and is not used as one of those "will they break up/get back together" scenarios.

All I can say is if Tony worries about being an old Dad, I'll have one thing to say to him; "it's a little bit late to be worrying about that now she's pregnant" :lol:

I totally get what you are all saying about her dialogue, sometimes she talks way too proper (is that the word Im looking for here??) compared to the other residents in summerbay! And as for her being whiny, I really disagree. I mean...just look at Belle. :P

Anywho...I love Tachel! :wub: