Rachel/Tony

Cal

They won't split Tachel up unless one of them dies :) which i don't think will happen :P Tachel rock and are meant to be!

Im hoping for good Tachel scenes starting now , we were promised them and they are well deserved after months of grieving Tachel need to chill and spend some time together just them and the bub :wub: can't wait until Tony starts talking to it and stuff.

Edited by CHARL3N3x

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am obviously pleased that all of the Belinda stuff was resolved last week and Tachel seem to be OK again but I think that the whole drama was really good for showing different aspects of their personalities. That argument was top notch and definately showed a side to Tony's character that we don't often see. He has had his angry moments in the past but when he snatched the note and threw it away he was really angry! As for Rachel... her anger seemed to stem for days of pent up stress about what Tony was up to.... she couldn't hold it in anymore and just let rip! Who said Tachel have no passion!? :P:wink:

They did seem to make up quite easily with a few apologies but I don't think some of the issues that reared their head should be just forgotten. It would be nice if they discussed things properly. In the past I have praised their communication but on this occasion it wasn't at his finest. I don't blame Rachel for thinking he was cheating as I think if anyone was in her position they would have suspected the same thing. Tony also could have avoided the whole thing by talking to her but I guess grief does funny things to people so he can be forgiven too.

I always hope relationships on the show will be given a chance to develop over some longer term.. I don't often get my wish.

However this one really worries me. They both come with so much previous emotional baggage.

Still working through all the baggage could make great ongoing drama if the writers are up to it.

I agree. On the surface they look like a pretty normal couple but there is a hell of a lot of emotional baggage there and more levels to their relationship than people give them credit for. Some of the baggage has been addressed but there is certainly plenty of potential for future storylines. It would be nice if they stayed together in the long run as I think the show needs a mature established couple. A few years ago there were loads of established couples kicking around. If I think back to the 2005 season finale... there was Sally/Flynn, Dan/Leah, Jack/Martha, Scott/Hayley, Robbie/Tasha, Lucas/Matilda, Irene/Barry and of course Tony/Beth had just begun. Tony's last relationship with Beth had potential for drama but it was never really explored properly so I am very pleased that Tachel have not gone the same way. A bit of friction is good once in a while..... 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger' as they say! :P

Totally agree with everything you said there Karen! Whilst I didn't think I would like the storyline or the idea of Rachel accusing Tony of cheating (because I never for a second thought he would be) I think it was a brilliant way of showing a different side to both of their characters. I have NEVER seen Tony like that and Rachel showed a vunerable side which she's been hiding for a long time now! That argument was brilliant and like you say, passionate :P

At first I thought this situation was resolved but after watching today's episode, I'm not so sure it is. Rachel seems to have learnt from it, Tony showed absolutely no interest in the baby yet she didn't make it about her at all and just gave him some space to deal with it. I can understand Tony wants to dedicate his time to fixing the boat and if Rachel had asked him to go and see the cot that day, I'd have understood him not having time and brushing her off. I'm not criticising Tony as losing a child must be unbearable but I still think he needs time and therefore we might get more a discussion a bit later. I definetely thought the aftermath of the storyline was a bit of a letdown, they didn't exactly talk things through. But I think they used the end of Tony's storyline to start Martha's, so the scenes on the pier were more focused on Martha's grief.

One of the things the show is really lacking at the minute is steady/concrete relationships, both romantic and family wise. There are actually no married couples in the show at the minute and that's why I'm hoping Tachel do become a long term couple. I think a lot could still be done with Kate and Tony's past, we know so little about it that there's so much that could happen. Equally with Rachel she has no direct family around and is about to become a Mum for the first time, it will probably bring up old feelings about losing her own Mother and they could bring her Dad back into it.

Well I think if both actors have been contracted to stay in the show (Amy staying till 2010, anyone know about jon?) then I am sure that TAchel wil remain together for a good while.

I dont think there really is any other pairings for TOny or Rachel?

THere is only Irene, Leah and Charlie and the teens and Belle etc or Kirsty.

For Rachel I think there is only Miles or HUgh, so I think they will stick with them as Karen said, TAchel are the only real mature couple on the show.

Everyone else is all over the place :huh:

I just don't really see them pairing up with anyone else either. Rachel and Miles just doesn't work for me and there is no one else for Tony. I kinda like the thought of Leah and Tony but when I really think about it, it's a bit weird to be honest.

At first I thought this situation was resolved but after watching today's episode, I'm not so sure it is. Rachel seems to have learnt from it, Tony showed absolutely no interest in the baby yet she didn't make it about her at all and just gave him some space to deal with it. I can understand Tony wants to dedicate his time to fixing the boat and if Rachel had asked him to go and see the cot that day, I'd have understood him not having time and brushing her off. I'm not criticising Tony as losing a child must be unbearable but I still think he needs time and therefore we might get more a discussion a bit later. I definetely thought the aftermath of the storyline was a bit of a letdown, they didn't exactly talk things through. But I think they used the end of Tony's storyline to start Martha's, so the scenes on the pier were more focused on Martha's grief.

Yes it was slightly disappointing that they didn't really talk things through properly. I did feel sorry for Rachel when Tony said the thing about his 'baby'. Actually he didn't... he stopped himself and Rachel finished his sentence for him. I think he realised that he had hurt her but had serious tunnel vision where the boat was concerned. :( He was way more interested in boat parts than cots unfortunately.

I hope now the boat is done he can move on and concentrate on getting things ready for the baby. Rachel is clearly excited about buying things and Tony just needs to switch his focus now he seems to have completed his 'journey'. His actions at the moment may look like he doesn't care about the baby much but I think the way his eyes lit up the other week when the baby kicked really showed that is not the case. I'm sure the time will come when he is just as excited as Rachel.

You're right, there have been a few lovely moments throughout this whole thing where Tony has showed how excited he is about the baby....when the baby kicked and when Rachel told him the baby had kicked for the first time. Also when you look at the scenes before Jack died, the ultrasound and when Tony found out you could see how thrilled he was about becoming a Dad again. Like you said, now the boat has been launched hopefully he can start enjoying planning for the baby now, I just hope that

Angelo being let out tomorrow wont make him revert back again!

Rachel's had to pretty much deal with the first half of the pregnancy on her own and it must have hurt her when she realised her was about to call the boat his baby. I have a feeling

the proposal is going to be when they have their talk, that's why Tony goes all out to try and surprise her. He obviously realises that he needs to start focusing on Rachel and the baby and that's why he proposes again

:wub: So exciting

He did half apologise today when making his speech but I would like them to sit down and talk through things properly, like I said above though, I think this could happen on Thursday. :wub:

Today was the first time i've actually felt a little annoyed at Tony since Jack died. I understand how important the boat is to him and how much it means to him to get it finished, but would it really have hurt so much to go and look at a cot? It wouldn't have taken any time at all - and telling her he couldn't go all week was a little bit unnecessary. Maybe he doesn't feel up to it, and that's fine but he could have made the effort for her. It's very sad for Rachel, she wants to do all this baby stuff with him but he's so obsessed with the boat he seems to have forgotten her and her needs. I'm not saying i think what he's doing is wrong, i cant imagine the pain of losing a child and get that there's stuff he has to do, but Rachel is part of his life and he needs to realise he can't forget that. She's pretty much had to cope with the pregnancy so far on her own and i hope soon he starts to look after her a bit more and show a little concern as to how she is coping/doing. I think she's been amazingly supportive over the past few months and just tried to do the best she could to help, even though sometimes she was doing the opposite! But her hearts in the right place and if anything these past months have confirmed how strong their relationship is. They've survived so much together. :wub:

I do think he's genuinly excited about the baby. In the episodes before Jack died he was thrilled, beaming in fact. And last week when he felt the baby kick you could see how moved and excited he was by it. I think now the boat is finished he'll finally feel able to focus on something else (Rachel and the baby) and find a way to be happy again.

I think Tachel's discussion after the whole Belinda stuff probably happened off screne, as do a lot of the conversations they've supposed to have had. :rolleyes: The boat scene was lovely today, and it was so nice it was just the 3 of them.

I just hope now the boat is finished we can see some happy times from them. They deserve it! (and so do we! :lol: )

And i hope Tachel become a stable pernmant couple on the show. It's so needed and i think they have so much to explore with them still, especially Rachel's family and he feelings towards her dad. Could be interesting to bring him back and see how she reacts now she is going to be a parent herself. Splitting them up would just mean having to find a new love interst for Tony and it would get boring and repetitive i think.

And perhaps Tony will have trouble bonding with the baby given it's so soon after losing his first son. Although i hope they do it the opposite way and have the baby being the something wonderful to come out of a tragic situation, and Tony see's it that way. :)

Edited by KirstyEkua