Rachel/Tony

Cal

I have really loved the scenes of Rachel and Tony from this weeks episodes. They have illustrated once again how brilliant Jon and Amy's acting is, which in turn portrays Rachel and Tony's relationship as one that is so realistic and believable. The scene where Rachel couldn't sleep and she and Tony were talking was brilliant. In fact, I would say that, it goes down as one of my all time favourite scenes of them together.

Edited by kk03

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually going to go as far as saying that I'm pretty pleased Tachel are leaving this year.

The writing of both of their characters has been pretty shocking this year and they might as well be called Bob and Sarah because the consistency of their character's as Rachel and Tony has been terrible. There's no flow from one episode to the next and it seems like the writers have just gone...oh yes we need to give them something to do this week hmm...let's have them fight (because that's original) despite them seemingly fixing their problems the episode before.

I wouldn't like to carry on seeing them be ruined and wasted like this so yes, I'm pleased they're going.

Edited by charmed60

^ Agree!!

What the hell got into Tony today? He was acting like a complete jerk. :rolleyes: I can't believe he told Rachel she doesn't value what they have :o That's such a nasty thing to say. I would have slapped him or stormed out!

The lack of consistency is driving me crazy. Last week he was being pretty supportive and now suddenly he won't even talk to her about the possibility of it? Instead he makes stupid childish comments :rolleyes: I don't understand why such a big deal is being made of moving. It's not exactly anything you wouldn't expect one day.

Yet more awful writing of Tachel. It's pretty clear the writers don't give a damm about them and it shows. They don't deserve so much rubbish.

What on earth did they do to my lovely HotDad?! Gave him a personality transplant overnight it seems! :angry: Since when does he behave like that?! :rolleyes:

I understand that obviously there have been discussions about it since we last saw Tachel on screen last week but going from that to this seems like too much of a leap. I thought it was more realistic for Tony to be a little subdued about it and slightly moody... but writing him to be downright rude and disrespectful to Rachel was the wrong avenue to go down, in my opinion.

It's all really strange, Tony has never ever displayed this sort of behaviour. I can understand him not liking Daniel that much and I suspect there's a bit of jealousy there in the way that he can talk to Rachel about things Tony doesn't understand and also is this rich, smooth talking doctor who Rachel's clearly impressed by. And I guess Sid's 'advice' didn't help much. But it's not in Tony's nature to be outright rude to someone like him in public when ultimately all he's done is offer his wife this incredible job. The most shocking part for me though was what he said to Rachel; claiming that her not laughing at Daniel's offer (which makes it sound like he's saying it;s ridiculous to consider Rachel would be able to do it - such a change from Friday's) means that she 'obviously' doesn't care about her marriage or son. I think it's a really hurtful thing to say and must have been so embarassing and humiliating for Rachel to hear in front of her friends.

It just makes no sense. Rachel turned down the offer immediately and Tony told her she should think about; as if he was encouraging her to take it because it's an amazing offer. He also told her that they'd be lucky to have her and when she admitted to him that she was thinking about it he told her to enjoy the flattery and excitement of it. Yet now he's done a 180 and all of a sudden her considering the offer is a selfish thing to do?

Bring HotDad back, I don't like the man they've turned him into just for the sake of this storyline. It's so contrived.

So when did Tony get his personality transplant? :huh: I can't believe he refused to even discuss moving seriously with her - instead he pretty much said well i love my life here and i'm happy so so be it. Nevernind the fact she told him she's not exxactly happy with her life in Summer Bay and that this job would actually work out better for Harry. :rolleyes: I can't believe he let her leave the house knowing she was about to cry and he just sat there. I understand him not wanting to go but i find him to be acting pretty selfish - they don't have to commit to Boston forever. His refusual to even discuss it infuriates me. I know he is giving up a lot in Summer Bay but it's for his wife and son - they should be his first priority. And Lucas is in America - i can't believe he's even a little bit excited about the possibility of being closer to him. Instead he seems more concerned about leaving Gina and Xavier :( Right now he's acting like he doesn't give a damm about Rachel at all :(

I am pretty much appalled at the writing of this. :angry:

Edited by KirstyEkua

^I know. I would understand if it was Xavier on his own, but he's got his mother and Gina is big, strong lady who can take care of herself and Xavier and whoever else is living with her. Gina is older than Tony anyway.

There's something else that puzzles me. How old is Tony because I remember seeing on Jack's grave that he was born in 1982 and then that would mean that Tony is coming up to 48 at least. So can anyone help me out on this?

I don't get they have had a personality transplant. I believe these are the type of people they've always been. Except I will admit there is a bit more commiunication between these two, which is a positive thing. Tony doesn't hold back what he's thinking and let Rachel walk all over him. So it's good to see Tony talking about what he feels instead of staying silent.

If Tony didn't say anything to Rachel and agreed to going to overseas, Tony would be unhappy, oh but it's okay because Rachel is the only person who matter in this relationship.... If Rachel loves what she does she should be happy with staying in Summer Bay and can you not say that working in a hosptial is challenging? I think it would be. Rachel can't expect Tony to drop everything and leave, this is a big life changing step.

Sorry but you already asked about Tony's age just a few months ago and it was explained that there was basically a mess up with the whole Jack and his birthday thing. . When Tony went to his high school renunion in 08, he said it had been '25 years since he'd been in a room with some of these people.' Say you're 18 when you finish high school, that would make him 44/45 now. Plus he celebrated his 40th soon after arriving, so it's all fits.

At the moment i'm finding his excuses for wanting to stay a little pathetic. He's hardly mentioned the Jack issue and that's the one i assumed would be the hardest for him. Instead he says he likes living next door to his sister <_< I just don't understand why he is not even willing to discuss it. That's not the Tony we know. And would he really risk losing his wife and child all because he wants to stay living in the same place? And i wish Rachel would really tell him how she's feeling about it instead of hiding it. Surely they could compromise - try it for a year and if Tony is not happy then move back? I think it was a good story idea in theory but they way it's been handled has been pretty awful. :(

Edited by KirstyEkua