Rachel/Tony

Cal

I loved Rachel's reverse psychology on Tony today :lol: That whole scene was lovely, Harry was just so adorable, especially at the end when he went crazy giggling at his Mummy :wub: And Tony's "have you tried the choo choo train?" :lol: And a kiss on the lips :o Tachel are going all out at the moment!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harry is just a gorgeous little baby. I love how comfortable he seems to be with Amy; he was grinning at her pretty much the whole time. Lovely little family scene which was very much apperciated. :D:wub:

Interesting she thinks Tony's boxing classes are a good idea. I guess she just doesn't want to cause a fuss. It was sweet how Tony totally beamed when she said it was a good idea. Loved his 'really?' :lol:

And a good bye kiss that was not on the cheek, i am shocked. :o:lol:

The writers are sneaky! They make me think they're being nice to us Tachel fans by giving us 3 episodes a week as a little treat for being so devoted :P and they go and balance it out by giving us 1 scene of Tachel in one episode and one scene of Rachel the day before. <_<

I did like the little way Tony seemed to get all shy before he kissed Rachel yesterday though :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so sick and tired of this boxing rubbish that seems to be going on and on without reaching any conclusion. It's such an insult to Amy and Jon to give them such trivial stuff to do. Really disappointed in the writing of them this year :(

I think they're both behaving as bad as each other :rolleyes: I understand Rachel's concerns over the whole boxing thing and i guess maybe she's worried that if a girl gets hurt then Tony is going to get into trouble - but - she is going a little over the top with the whole injury thing. But Tony seems a bit obsessed by it - why decide to teach boxing when he knows how much his wife hates it? I don't blame her after all the rubbish with John. Rachel supports the whole idea of him giving classes and the theory behind it - so why couldn't he have taught self defence, fitness in a different area? There's tons he could have done. Just awful, lazy writing :angry: And i think it was a little mean of Tony and Sid to set her up like that, they made her look really quite stupid. The Tony of 08 and 09 wasn't like that.

The only good thing was seeing little Harry again - that baby is just adorable. And he's finally in his big boy sitting up buggy :lol: Oh and i loved Rachel's dress :D

• 2 weeks later...

And it still continues....

I've got to say they're both acting really badly in this boxing storyline. I can't help but feel they've been given a personality transplant this year and have been acting so out of character. Firstly we've never seen this sort of childish, petty behaviour from Rachel where Tony's not even allowed to talk about something he's involved in and when he does she storms off and refuses to talk to him. It's just silly.

At the same time; Tony refusing to even consider Rachel's concerns about the boxing is equally out of character and his continuous insistence to the likes of Penn and Sid that "he doesn't care what his wife thinks, he's going to do it anyway" is not going to help solve the friction between them. Rather than fighting against her and being so stubborn he should be compromising (and her) to find a way that they can both be happy. Surely if Tony took out the hitting part of boxing and focused on the fitness and self defense part like he told Penn yesterday then Rachel would be happy with that and Tony would still be achieving what he wants. It's like they both enjoy this playful yet slightly vicious game that they're playing with each other where everything that's spoken about is manipulated and becomes a dig against each other.

The only good thing that came out of yesterday's episode was Rachel and Gina blowing bubbles at pram Harry and hearing him giggle - very cute :wub: It's a shame we didn't see him. The little Gina/Rachel scene did make me laugh where they're talking about how women make the rules and men stick to them :lol: And also the Gina/Tony conversation where he exclaims that the rules keep changing. Oh yer and Tony's line of "maybe he's just worn down...it can get a bit tiring" with a sarcastic smile on his face made me giggle. It's a shame though because it's all a big mess and could so easily be solved but they're both being stubborn and refusing to compromise.

Edited by charmed60

It was lovely to see Tony and Rachel actually talking to each oher and being happy for once! :D It was all very normal and sweet. I like how she asked about his boxing classes and seemed genuinly interested in how they were going. I understand her being bored with her job - i think it's only natural you'd feel a little jaded after doing the same thing for so long. And i guess all that paperwork is not really what she signed up for. But i'm not sure about this Daniel guy - i feel like he's trying to convince her that she's unhappy. He was almost condescending; suggesting she had lost her spark or was setting just becasue she'd married and had a baby. The Lady Godiva story was funny and i loved Tony's 'you've seen my wife naked!' line :lol: I love how Rachel acted all embarrased and hid in Tony's shoulder.

I guess though long term there's not much chance to progress in a small town. But i think the writers forget Rachel s only 31 years old and already is a Head of Department. She's doing pretty amazing for herself.

About the 4 hourly feeds thing, i assume she was just meaning when he was baby, not at that very moment. She was kinda talking about things in general i think.

This is the Tony & Rachel I've missed! They've both been discussing things maturely and calmly and even though Tony's made it clear that he's happy where he is and appears not to want to move (although I'm a bit confused, he seemed more for it at the beginning of the episode when he told her to sleep on it despite her saying no and then had a turn around when he saw Rachel and Daniel talking) he's still not denying her the chance to be excited about it.

Finally a storyline that's not about boxing; although I did like the little bit of dialogue that proved Rachel's come to terms with it and realised he's got a passion and enjoys doing it. It's nice to focus a little more on Rachel's character and learn what she was like at University and how she's changed between her 20's - 30's. I think Daniel is a little pushy but I guess he knows a different Rachel and he doesn't want her to miss out on this amazing opportunity, considering how excited she is by it.

Tony and Sid's conversation was a little strange; it went from Tony worrying because Rachel's lost her passion for her job to Sid advising he deal with their marriage problems straight away :unsure: I'm glad Rachel's been considerate of how difficult it would be for Tony to and made it clear that she has a wonderful husband and loves him and Harry and it's unfair to uproot them just because she wants to.

The last scene with them in Tuesday's episode :wub: Gushiness aside about the kiss and I love yous :o I just loved how open and honest they were with each other and how Tony encouraged that because he could see how much she was having doubts. I'm surprised that because Lucas is over there that Tony's not more willing but I understand it's a huge lifestyle change. And it was nice to see him being so supportive of her skills as a doctor considering she wasn't very confident herself and didn't think she'd be up for it. So Rachel's a surgeon now hey? :P I know we've seen her in the scrubs but I never thought she was specifically meant to be a surgeon seeing as she is ward manager for A&E as well.

Overall I loved it and it reminded me why I love their relationship and the way it's mostly portrayed. Rachel's in a really difficult position here and I don't know how you'd begin to make a decision like that. Be interested to see how it develops :)

Edited by charmed60

So Rachel's a surgeon now hey? I know we've seen her in the scrubs but I never thought she was specifically meant to be a surgeon seeing as she is ward manager for A&E as well.

This is Rachel we're talking about. She can do just about anything :wink:

I really loved them in these past 2 episodes. It's wonderful to see them both supporting each other and i'm very glad Rachel seems to be able to talk about the boxing and actually be happy for him that it's going so well. I think Tony was probably quite proud of her and it was very sweet how he kept saying how good she was at her job and how much the patients love her. I'm very surprised he didn't completely knock back Daniel's offer. It was lovely that he encouraged her to think about it and it's great they actually discussed it together and that a lot of Rachel's concerns were to do with Tony and Harry.

I still don't like Daniel much. He's very pushy and i can't believe he expects her to make such a huge decision so quickly.

I feel sorry for Rachel because i think deep down she wants the job desperately but she also doesn't want to uproot her family just because she wants to go. And i did love how she made it clear to Daniel that if Tony was willing she'd go. I think she is in a really difficult situation and just doesn't want to upset anyone :(

I think Tony probably liked the idea in theory but when reality started to sink in it maybe hit him exactly what moving would mean. Although he made it clesr he was happy in Summer Bay i don't think he is completely against the idea. And with Lucas living in America it would be nice for him to be on the same continent. :)

And the little mushy stuff was just great. :wub: Loved Tony's face when Harry interrupted their kissing :lol:

Edited by KirstyEkua