Rachel/Tony

Cal

I do think its unfar that it was OK Rachel went back to work without talking to him and yet no one is happy that the same thing has happend here

I think there is a difference between the two situations though. I'm not saying Rachel went the right way about it but she DID tell Tony prior to going back to work that she wanted to and was going to and her situation didn't really affect him in the same way whereas in Tony's situation his decision affects his family and puts them in financial struggles. Plus Rachel wanted a couple of days where she could work and gain a bit of money whereas Tony's totally thrown it in and now works no days with no income. He kept making promises that he never kept whereas Rachel was honest from the beginning, she needed to go back and was going to do it and she kept to their agreement of only doing 2 days a week.

I do however think Tony needed to leave. It's really sad for him that he's lost the gym and he didn't deserve to go to work everyday and be treated like that while John manipulates the whole situation. He'd be better to take himself out of the situation and try to find himself a job that he likes and enjoys and gets him his mojo back :P I just wish he'd started looking whilst keeping the gym until he found a job as his family should really have come first.

Edited by charmed60

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think its unfar that it was OK Rachel went back to work without talking to him and yet no one is happy that the same thing has happend here

There's a massive difference between going back to work 2/3 days a week and selling your business. :rolleyes: I understand him leaving and know it'll be better for all of them in the long run but he should have secured other employment first. They already have financial difficulties and with Rachel only working part time and with a baby i feel it was extremely idiotic of him. But it's pretty unlike Tony not to immediately think how things with affect his wife and child so i guess this time he just snapped. John does seem pretty unbearable and manipulative - it's like he's deliberately trying to wind Tony up. I guess after working alone for such a long time it's always going to be difficult to let someone else take over. I wish he wouldn't snap at Rachel though when she's just trying to make him see the positive things and make him see he's not exactly left them in a good position. I'm sure things will be all rosy soon :lol:

But i am very glad we saw a lot of Harry - the little scene in the gym was lovely :wub: Please may it continue! Loved Rachel's big smile and her 'go to daddy.'

I do like them getting realistic storylines though and hopefully now things will get better for all of them.

Edited by KirstyEkua

• 2 weeks later...

It was lovely to see Tony and Rachel happy in Fridays! :D It was really sweet they had a little celebration before he started work and i liked that Leah and Miles were there - nice touch. I'm glad Rachel's being so supportive and telling him how fantastic he is going to be as a teacher - it's natural he'd be nervous about going back after so long. Don't really agree with Tony's teaching method but it seemed to pay off. A little confused as to why he was teaching a class on STI's but whatever, it's good to see him back in the classroom. :D

Loved all the affection between Tony and Rachel :wub: and it was nice to see Harry even if it was only for a few seconds. I liked the breakfast scene and then them going home afterwards and making tea - 'normal' scenes like that add so much i think.

Lovely to see Rachel and Leah spending time together again and just laughing and chatting, hope it continues. :D

Yes, it was nice to finally see them in an episode like Friday's... Tachel affection has been sorely lacking of late... so much for the Bay of Love :rolleyes:

The writing of them during the whole gym fiasco has been 'patchy'... I thought Rachel was a little too cold towards him at times, especially in Tuesday's episode when she came home from work, took Harry from him and walked off ignoring him. She wasn't particularly supportive but she soon came around when she knew about the school job and has been very encouraging towards Tony since then. I loved a few of the little moments in Friday's episode such as the 'my love' bit and the little bit near the end when they were just being a normal couple. Loved the lemonade stand story too! :D

I'm not sure if it was intentional on the writers part but the lean over the sink looking nervous reminded me of the time when Tony lost his job at the school and was putting a brave face on for Lucas. :P

I can't believe they had him teaching about STI's on his first day! Talk about cruel! :D It sounds like Phys Ed teachers teach sex ed in Australia.... I think he mentioned it before when he was having a talk with Mattie.

Going back to Tachel being happy and affectionate... I hope that continues too. Even if it's just little moments it's worthwhile and makes them believable as a happily married couple. Their anniversary is coming up in a month so I hope that it is marked in a good (and hopefully romantic) way. :) I won't be particularly happy if it's forgotten.

Yes, it was nice to finally see them in an episode like Friday's... Tachel affection has been sorely lacking of late... so much for the Bay of Love :rolleyes:

Going back to Tachel being happy and affectionate... I hope that continues too. Even if it's just little moments it's worthwhile and makes them believable as a happily married couple. Their anniversary is coming up in a month so I hope that it is marked in a good (and hopefully romantic) way. :) I won't be particularly happy if it's forgotten.

I totally agree. Long may those happy relationship scenes continue like Friday's episode. I actually prefer them to be the big romantic gesture scenes as they seem more believable and genuine. It makes them seem so realistic as a married couple. I loved the "my love" bit :lol: It was so unexpected of Rachel to say that I thought, she's obviously picking up on Tony's vocabulary!

I wasn't particularly enthralled by the writing of their relationship during the gym saga. I thought Tony was portrayed as being completely pathetic and selfish, putting his own pride before his family's welfare. And I didn't like the way Rachel gave him the cold shoulder until he found a job, I could understand her anger at first but it got a bit much after a while, especially when like you said Karen she took Harry from him and practically ignored him. I'm glad she came round though and I'm so pleased Tony is out of the gym and back into teaching, I think it will bring a lot more exciting storylines and suits his personality much better. Bit rich of Liam the washed up drug addict rock star to describe Tony as needing to go back to folding towels wasn't it? :angry:

I'm also hoping for an anniversary, romantic episode, maybe back to where they had their first date, that setting was beautiful. :wub: But I'm not holding my breath.....

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to effectively double post here but I wanted to comment on how much I enjoyed Monday's episode. It was really nice to see Rachel supporting Tony and defending his decision to Gina despite the fact that she doesn't like the idea of him and Xavier boxing. It's nice to see her put her trust in him and shows a bit of a relationship development which I really appreciated. It was good how the writers managed to do that even though Tachel aren't the 'focus' of the storylines, but shows their marriage evolving through other people's storylines. I like all the normal little scenes as well like Rachel telling Tony off for putting the dirty punch bag on the couch "no way mister :lol:" and her reaction to him wanting to drill holes in the ceiling :lol: I know I keep moaning (oops) that Tachel haven't had any of their own storylines this year really but I am enjoying these normal, family scenes and as I said above, their characters are still developing despite not being centre stage.

Edited by charmed60

So so sorry to triple post now, am I the only Tachel fan left? :unsure:

Just wanted to comment and say Happy 1st Wedding Anniversary Tachel!!!!! :D You've done what most soap couples never manage to do! Shame the writers totally forgot about it, they could have made a nice storyline out of it, a bit of light relief in amongst all this emotional drama!

I promise I wont talk to myself anymore :P

We're still around don't worry :P

Just wanted to comment and say Happy 1st Wedding Anniversary Tachel!!!!! :D You've done what most soap couples never manage to do! Shame the writers totally forgot about it, they could have made a nice storyline out of it, a bit of light relief in amongst all this emotional drama!

I agree it would have been nice to break up the drama. But to be honest as time has gone I've gradually lost hope that anything would be mentioned about their anniversary. I guess which milestones are marked depends on what other storylines are going on at the time and this particular milestone has come around at a time where Tachel are in the background. Which is a shame really :( Us Tachel fans need something to keep us going through these barren times :P I'm sure we will have some interesting moments to enjoy soon :wink:

That wink sounds suspicious :lol: I'm glad I'm not the only one left, I agree we need something, anything to keep us going and I thought it would have fitted in well in that particular episode to have an anniversary mention amongst Martha mourning Hugo and Leah mourning Vinnie; in a cruel way but it would have been a nice juxtaposition. I guess all we've got left is Harry's birthday that could possibly be mentioned

but they'll probably be gone by then

:(

It's so different to what it was like last year, apart from the one weeks worth storyline where Tony quit and went back to teaching they haven't actually had a storyline all year.

I guess they're fading them out slowly to lessen the blow for us Tachel fans

:P