Rachel/Tony

Cal

Some Leah and Rachel scenes would be good. Maybe Leah can help, and get herself involved in something :D

I feel really sorry for Tony, because he lost Jack and then didn't want Harry, but then grew to love him, and then Rachel went all controlling. I know Rachel is suffering with adjusting, but maybe if she let Tony in, they could work stuff out together, and be a role model type family.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:huh: I find it weird that everything that this couple is going through is going with normal-life speed when everything that other characthers are going through is rushed and finished with very quickly... Rachel was pregnant for 9 months - it happens during 9 months on screen (normally on Tv this goes much faster), and now we have that post natal stress disorder.... yes, its only a couple months ago since Harry was born, and of course in real life that is not long time since a child is born and it takes time for a new mother to deal with things. But during this time we have had a death (yes, Belle died after Harry was born) and her husband has finished his grieving. And people were complaining that his grief went on for too long. We have had a lot of examples during H&A time on screen that people suddenly recovers from grief, illness very quickly. But just a few are complaining about Rachel and that she is still depressive. I saw a comment (in the spoiler section I think) that Post natal stress order is a illness is a very awful condition/illness and is not something you suddenly recovers from. But is grief, illness, madness, innsanity, breakdowns etc less important??? dont't get me wrong, I know that Post Natal Stress disorder is very serious, I have friends who have been suffering from that (I'm 38) and it is a serious issue, but so are the others I have listed up here.

Well, but I think that sometimes it's good that problems on tv don't last that long as it does in the real life, it is to depressing to watch over a long period of time. So thats the reason I think that now it's time for Rachel to get over this. When the writers give a lot of screen time to some issues and not others, it give the public/viewers the idea of which issues that are important and which that aren't. I think that is wrong.

But I do think it is very interesting that they are bringing up all those issues that can happen in real life, also post natal stress disorder! :)

Hm... Well.. and I hope that this couple starts communicating soon. We never see them talking about the troubles they have. For example we never saw them talking about what happened when Tony tried to kill Angelo. Rachel was mad at him, and in the next episode everything was fine. And they don't have less screentime than the others either, I think the reason is that the writers give them much more time with a problem than the others. I think that the main reason is that the writers want us to see Rachel and Tony as the perfect happy, adult couple. But the problem is that we never see them dealing with their issues. Because that means more fights and arguments and discussions....

That is the main reason why I don't like this couple, despite I'm almost as old as Tony (so I should probably been able to relate to them, but I don't) I actually liked Tony much more with Beth, and as single too... But it is good to have a real family on the show! :) But I think we should have had an another one too, a family with older kids. Why did the Walkers leave??

And I also find it strange, that Tony never talks about Lucas anymore. When he was struggling with the idea of becoming a father again, he yelled at Rachel that this baby won't have any brothers... well... what about Lucas?? He could mention him sometimes....

Edited by jodlebirger

I think the writers mess up sometimes. Tony and Rachel always give the indication that they've talked about things, from little mentions here and there but more often than not we don't see it on screne, which annoys me. But i guess you just have to assume certain things, becasue obviously they can't show every little detail. Until recently i don't think they got as much on screne time as other characters. But it's a lot more even now i think, which is nice :D

It was good today that we saw Tony being with Harry on his own :) I think Rachel is just exhausted and overwhelmed with everything. I think her biggest problem is that she's so terrified of being a bad mum and a failure that she doesn't want anyone to see how much she is struggling. As Leah said they shouldn't try and keep their lifes in perfect order becasue it just won't happen. And little Harry doesn't seem like the easiest baby, bless him. :lol:

The tiny scene of Tachel sleeping together today was cute though!! :D

I think I missed that scene. I'll have to go and look for it.

I must admit that I'm not actually a Tachel fan. I saw a preview for the next week, and I won't post about it here, because it's probably a spoiler for a lot of people, but I would like it better if they could settle down and be a proper family, but this preview was giving them more drama.

I think the writers mess up sometimes. Tony and Rachel always give the indication that they've talked about things, from little mentions here and there but more often than not we don't see it on screne, which annoys me. But i guess you just have to assume certain things, becasue obviously they can't show every little detail.

I don't necessarily think the writers "mess up", because there are other couples on the show who have arguments and frequently have a follow up conversation sorting out the problem. Tony and Rachel don't seem to and I feel by not doing that there's an even bigger gap created between them, hence why I see lack of communication between the two. But they are improving slightly which is good to see...

Yes Rachel is terrified of being a bad mother because it's in her nature to be a pefectionist and controlling situations. So if she fails at something she's wanted for so long obviously she's going to be extremely upset.

Edited by john003au

Yes Rachel is terrified of being a bad mother because it's in her nature to be a pefectionist and controlling situations. So if she fails at something she's wanted for so long obviously she's going to be extremely upset.

I don't see Rachel so much as a perfectionist as being a product of her medical training which says that if you make a mistake that can mean someone's life.

That can be sustained in a professional setting but in a personal setting like with baby Harry it can build up unbearable pressure which Rachel is buckling under. It's not a debilitating personality fault.

Yes some people can be shaped by their profession in terms of their personality, but I believe that a doctor can have a non-perfection and non-controlling personality. I think it's possible. I don't believe that a person for example who is a perfectionist can blame their profession for their personality, if that makes sense.

I think the main point is Rachels role as a doctor is completely different from her role as a mother and that's why she's struggling, she's adapting to having to cope in a situation in a completely different way to what she's used to.

While things obviously aren't perfect, I liked seeing Rachel and Tony coping together in Friday's episode. Rachel's now letting Tony help out and have time alone with Harry and despite the fact that they're both sleep deprived they're still working together at last, it's nice to see. The little scene of them snuggled up asleep at the farm was really sweet.

Tachel kissed on the lips how adorable :wub:! Loved Tony in todays so sweet and caring , Rachel knows deep down hes trying his best and of course its good enough , she realised that today just before she kissed him. Rachel just doesn't want to have her husband up caring for a baby when hes the one going out to work to keep them afloat , she thinks she should be the one up with the baby because she doesn't have to go to work the next day!

What happened with Harry was a total accident , im sure Rachel feels as guilty as but if she was feeding him and just fell asleep , its understandable and shes sleep deprived. Loved the scene from the Promo , Tony pulling her into him its a hard situation least shes letting him comfort her unlike what the mags said *cough cough* surprise surprise not the first time the mags got it wrong!

When she broke down in tears and Tony was saying how she can do this you really can and to Harry you are his beautiful mother :wub: he doesn't half know the right things to say.

I don't blame Tony for calling Leah , he didnt want to wake Rachel up when she had finally just got to sleep after weeks of being up every night , he was thinking about her. Also i love the pic in Tachel's room on the side cabinet they are sooo cute!

Finally back to the Tachel kiss :wub: how long has it been since we have seen one of those? Agesssssssss! Love how Tony kind of got through to her about not taking things out on him and the look on her face , she realised she has been taking things out on Tony :)