Rachel/Tony

Cal

In Fridays episode when they where all at Martha s, Brendan got Harry asleep then Rachel had to say"I have to go now it is time for his feed". No wonder Harry is crying all the time he is woken up to be fed. Feeding by the clock went out years ago. Feeding on demand is now in. When a baby is a sleep you never wake them for a feed. They will let you know when they are hungry. Rachel is a doctor she should know that.

What!? That post does not make sense to me. :huh:

What i was saying is when a baby is asleep you do not wake them to feed them.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because Rachel is a doctor doesnt mean she has all the answers and its absurd to expect her too. Of course your job affects how you act outside it and people who have high powered jobs find it hard to switch off. That's a given. Shes a first time mum with a baby who doesnt sleep that great and shes just trying to do the best she can. She doesnt want to feel like a failure and thats always been part of who she is. Im tired of people constantly posting just negative thoughts.Its predictable , tiring and boring. I dont understand people who just think of the bad aspect but i guess thats life.Anyways, its lovely to see Rach admitting she needs help and letting Tony in.The diner scene was cute and its obvious she just used the excuse of feeding Harry so they could leave.

Rach just needs to relax and stop putting so much pressure on herself.Shes been through so much its little wonder shes so anxious , but im glad her and Tony are in a better place now , its lovely to see a couple who genuinly want to be together and make it work.

Edited by KirstyEkua

It's interesting that Rachel's seems to be making more of an effort to let HotDad help out, yet tonight when Baby Harry started to cry he reached out to help and she quickly took over.Poor HotDad looked heartbroken,he's lost one son and doesn't see the other.I know that Rachel's trying but it still must be hard for him when she rarely lets him touch Baby Harry.

It makes less sence seeing as we'd just seen Rachel talking about how much HotDad loved Baby Harry and saw a really cute scene of them together.

Im tired of people constantly posting just negative thoughts.Its predictable , tiring and boring. I dont understand people who just think of the bad aspect but i guess thats life.

In fairness I think the reason for that is there isn't much positive stuff to say about Rachel lately after all the drama surrounding her.

I agree Lynd about how bizarre it was when one minute Rachel was looking at how happy Harry is making Tony and then the next shes bullying him in the gym trying to make him do what she wants and as soon as Harry starts to cry Tony tries to pick him up then Rachel just lunges in as if Tonys about to murder the child.

On another note its really good seeing Rachel dress so shoddily and looking like a zombie as opposed to wearing suits and stuff all the time. I think it shows that she doesn't really care about herself, only Harry.

In all fairness Rach has been through hell since Harry has been born and i personally don't see anything too wrong with her behaviour. Looking after a newborn is exhausting and Rach has wanted a baby for so long i think she's just trying too hard to be the perfect mum, which obviously doesn't exist. She's terrified of failing and she really needs to try and overcome that. Tony loves her no matter what and im glad she's finally letting him help. Constantly picking on somone for every little thing they say or do wrong just for the sake of it is getting quite pathetic and sometimes i think people need to put themselves in her shoes.

As for today it was lovely to see them together with Harry and Tony holding him. I love seeing dad's with their babies, it's so cute! I don't get why she said that about Gina, but she's clearly tired and again, no one is perfect. She's trying hard and that's a great step forward for her. Unless you've had a baby yourself or been around newborns you have no idea how hard it is. That's the reason she is dressed the way she is and has no make up on etc, she doesn't have time to attend to herself - that tends to happen when you have a baby.

Edited by KirstyEkua

It's such a shame some people only feel sorry for Rachel, when this is just as hard on Tony. I don't read people saying "Poor Tony" only "Poor Rachel". Doesn't make sense to me :(

:D Was good to see Tony holding Harry in the diner, very cute.

I feel more sorry for Tony.

If I was Tony I really wouldn't put up with her bullying behaviour. That stuff with Gina really annoyed me because quite clearly its none of Rachels business and she should learn how to keep her nose out of other peoples business.If Tony wants to put his sisters name forward forward for a job then let him. As soon as Bartlett opened his mouth Rachel just shot daggers right at Tony which clearly made him uncomfortable.Then he goes what do you want me to say no ? And Rachel just looks at him and says yes. God that woman is beginning to drive me mad. I am glad that Tony didn't do what Rachel was trying to make him do though.

I really don't know whats the matter with her.....Shes turned into such an annoying character since this year started. First with her trying to force Bridget out of town (at this time Rachel didn't know about her money scam), then trying to force Tony to get over his grief for Jack which annoyed me, and now shes pushing Tony around as if hes some sort of punchbag and theres only so much he can take before it destroys their relationship.

I feel sorry for Tony too, of course i do. I realise how hard this is on him and it's sad to see him try so hard but i understand why Rachel is behaving the way she is. She's just a struggling first time mum who is having problems adjusting and that's normal without all the extra drama they've lumped on her! And today i think that was just to emphasis how tired she is, of course Tony is too but she's also feeding him. We're all moody and snappy sometimes and a lack of sleep does that to people.

But at the end of the day they're both trying to make it work and that's what makes a relationship. They're hard work and what's happening to them is realistic. Their little arguements are good and all part of a normal relationship.

I'm a bit disapppointed that Leah hasn't been involved. She's Rachel's best friend and she promised at her baby shower she wouldn't leave her alone but there's been little interaction between them lately which is a shame - their scenes together are always great.

Anyways, how cute is Harry!! He is such an adorable little baby, with the best hat collection ever!! :wub: I loved it when Leah was talking about his chubby cheeks :lol:

Edited by KirstyEkua