Rachel/Tony

Cal

I think Rachel is just really struggling to come to terms with everything. So much has happened to her since Harry's birth, and she didn't have the easiest pregnancy so perhaps she's just desperately trying to prove to Tony and everyone else that she can cope and she's fine. I find it starnge that Tony does't hear him crying in the night, that's very silly on the writers part. Harry is in the same room for Goodness sake :lol: I think she's worried of being seen as a failure and most likely holds herself responsible for the abduction.

I feel sorry for her and don't think she can really be blamed for what's happening. Her hormones are going to be all over the place and i think she just desperately needs to feel like she is a good mum and that Harry is a happy little baby.

I feel for Tony too and he's trying to hard bless him. I think he just needs to give her time and keep trying and she'll hopefully realise how much she needs him and that pushing him out of her life is not going to help at all.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with Rachel is that she has always being in control. From the moment they arrived home from the hospital Rachel has tried to be super mum. Rachel has relied to heavy on the books and so called expert opinions who think that they too know it all and pushed Tony away in the process who has been there and could help Rachel.

The problem with Rachel is that she has always being in control. From the moment they arrived home from the hospital Rachel has tried to be super mum. Rachel has relied to heavy on the books and so called expert opinions who think that they too know it all and pushed Tony away in the process who has been there and could help Rachel.

I'm sorry but I still don't believe that your profession will shape your attributes/traits as a person. Also, people use the excuse that Rachel is controlling because she's a doctor. Well I don't believe that because doctors can't be in control all the time, they have to accept sooner or later that they can't be in total control because patients die, things go wrong in operations etc. Doctors have to be prepared for an unexpected outcome of a situation in life. But in saying that maybe that's a reason for someone like Rachel to want to be in control all the time, because she feels helpless but in saying that it would probably drive me crazy feeling helpless and out of control of a situation every single day!

Friday's ep, I saw some communication from Tony and Rachel, finally! :) But for some reason it wasn't that believeable, it seemed to forced for me. It just seems out of no where they have decided it was time to actually communicat their problems with each other and come to a conclusion that suits them both. I was happy for them that they came to an agreement and Tony finally got to hold and look after his own son!

I still feel that Rachel isn't willing to really share Harry with Tony or anyone for that matter, because a baby is something she's always wanted and she isn't going to let something go that she's wanted for so long (also I think it's her personality that results in her behaviour towards Harry), even though we saw in fridays ep, that she is going to "try" and share Harry and try and share the burden of parenthood with Tony.

Rant over.

Edited by Lily-G

I really liked Thursday's and Friday's episode, their argument certainly didn't disappoint :P

I think Andy's been relying on Rachel far too much and she therefore feels an obligation to help him out firstly because that's her personality, secondly because it helps her to talk to someone going through the same thing and make her feel less bad (is that a word) about struggling to cope and thirdly because maybe it distracts her from her own problems. I don't think she was ever aware that she was pushing Tony away and I think him finally reacting to her and stopping her from taking Harry made her realise just how bad things were.

I liked their talk they had, Rachel apologising and admitting that Tony was right and things had to change and also asking him to help share the responsibilites of Harry. I think she's been trying too hard to be SuperMum, keeping the house clean, caring for Harry and maybe she's felt that asking Tony for help meant that it made her less of a Mum.

I'm putting this in spoiler tags not because it's a spoiler, but it's something that I think could become a spoiler if they go down this route. At first I was really annoyed that they kept giving Rachel these storylines where she wasn't coping because I felt it was really repetitive but now I'm wondering if they've been leading towards a point where Rachel will be diagnosed with post natal depression. It certainly explains a lot of her behaviour since she's been home, a lot of Mum's suffer what they call the 'baby blues' but these usually only last a few days and from what weve seen of Rachel, it's been much longer than that. She's struggling to cope, she had a traumatic delivery, Harry was kidnapped, like Leah said she's not in control which is something new for her and she's snapping at Tony a lot. I'll be interested to see how their relationships develops if she does have this, doctors are the worst patients and I doubt she'll accept help easily and Tony will have to learn that her behaviour isn't her fault and try not to retaliate.

I don't think that just because Rachel's always wanted a child that means she wants Harry all to herself. For the first couple of days we didn't see her hold him once, Harry was always in Tony's arms. Then all the other situations happened making her fear for his safety, hopefully after Friday's episode she'll feel more able to lean on Tony for support and they'll be able to equally share the responsibility.

The Tachel argument this week was awesome..... I love Tachel fights! :D It wasn't quite as good as the Belinda one but was a close second! :P HotDad was hot when he grabbed the handle of Harry's carry thingy to stop Rachel from taking him!! Though I feel sorry for poor Harry being 'fought' over like that. And poor HotDad's face when he saw Andy holding Harry :( He did the right thing by not causing a scene in the surf club though.

I think everything in the argument needed to be said and definately opened up the lines of communication... however, it was clear that things are far from 'fixed'.

HotDad was hot when he grabbed the handle of Harry's carry thingy to stop Rachel from taking him!! Though I feel sorry for poor Harry being 'fought' over like

I am so glad Tony did that, grabbing it and with his angry expression. I agree Harry shouldn't be fought over, because if Rachel let Tony hold him for like a second he wouldn't have been the victim of that kind of behaviour. It seems like Andy is a very laid back guy and if Rachel turned him day because she was busy, I'm sure he'd be okay with that. He's not a baby, eventually he'll figure out how to manage his own children, without Rachel help. Also when Rachel did go over to help Andy she always needed to take Harry with him, restricting even more time that Tony spent with Harry. It's just so absurd.

But I guess if a mental illness is behind this, it excuses it. :rolleyes:

I agree :D It was really nice to actually see them working through things together on screen seeing as we never actually get to see them working through stuff, they're usually just fine the next episode!

I liked how Rachel was taking on board everything Tony had said, actually asking him for help, admitting she's struggling to cope and telling him he had every right to be hard on her last week. It was nice to see them as a couple who are struggling with their problems together, seeing them both completely knackered and both trying to have civilised adult conversation. I liked Leah's involvement in it to, she's been there before with VJ and it's nice for them to get an outside point of view on things.

I did however really like the scene where they both admitted that they missed Harry and it didn't feel right without him and got all excited at the thought of seeing him again so rushed out of the diner like a pair of kids to go get him :P

I'm sure there still will be times where things might get difficult and they wont see eye to eye but it was really nice to see them together, all snuggled up on the couch and wanting to get home with Harry and not listen to Martha/Hugo's rants about John Palmer.