Belle/Aden

Cal

Ok, I thought it was about time I posted by 2 cents worth on this issue:

I do agree with some of the anti comments, however people who say that Aden was wrong to call Belle a skank need to think of it this way:

- he was sexually abused as a child. He wanted to have sex so so much but when Belle got close to him memories I guess came flooding back, and he just blanked out. He was in no space of mind to rationally make a decision and said something that would make her stop, there and then so that the memories just stopped flooding back. And you must admit that they would have been terrible memories

- when he freaked out with Nicole, he didn’t react in that way because the feelings obviously weren’t as intense. He didn’t want it as intensely as he did with Belle, didn’t care as much.

-When it was with Belle it was the second time he had experienced it and so he freaked out more. He must have thought that the last time was a one off and that it wouldn’t happen again.

- aden would have been SO frustrated with himself when he couldn’t do it. He wasn’t angry at Belle, he was angry at himself for not being able to push past a terrible part of his life.

Ok, he did move on awfully quickly, but maybe all he needed was a little bit of help to get there, after all he really did want to do it…

The fight, make up, sex cycle is a little oversimplified. I’ve just explained the first ‘break– up” situation, and after-all what was Belle supposed to do after he admitted it to her- say, oh, sorry I still can’t be with you: you called me a skank?

How would that affect Aden? He would be left thinking that Belle didn’t want him for all the reasons that he thought (that he was dirty..)

Ff Belle had rejected him then, it would have crushed him- the first girl he opened up to about the whole thing, and wanted to get close to just pushed him away..? I’m sure it would’ve sent him into a downward spiral.

Belle saw a broken person, and wanted to be there to help him move forward from the terrible things he had been through.

The kidnapping thing:

Aden was literally heartbroken. All the feelings of hatred and anger that he had for his father reached a climax, it was his Dad’s drunkenness that had tore his life apart. And then he finds out that he did nothing to stop it when he could have?

His reaction was probably stupid, but did Aden really kidnap Belle? She turned up there, and he was already so deep in the situation, and in a bad space of mind so he did what he felt he had to do and kept her there.

But he didn’t handcuff her, or tape her or throw her to the floor or anything.

And she didn’t take him back right away, she didn’t forgive him right away- the feelings started coming back AFTER the trial when she realised that he regretted his actions, and wouldn’t do them again. The feelings built up during the next few weeks. The timing was always a little bit off, or they weren’t in the same state of mind. But we all knew that they loved each other, it was just a case of them sorting out the timing of the whole thing, and getting over things.

Aden was the reason that Belle ended up cheating, I think. She had admitted that she loved him, and he walked away. He had admitted that he wanted her, and she walked away… he was frustrated. And at that moment he just wanted her. And she wanted him. They were caught up in the moment and a thing that shouldn’t have happened happened…

It doesn’t excuse it but Belle never ever loved Angelo.

And as to number 10. It didn’t go right from the hostage situation to forgiveness, it took at least a month for that to happen.

A lot happened in that month.

Wow. I am sorry for rambling.

Feel free to argue my points. No, please do!

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fight, make up, sex cycle is a little oversimplified. I've just explained the first 'break– up" situation, and after-all what was Belle supposed to do after he admitted it to her- say, oh, sorry I still can't be with you: you called me a skank?

I can agree with you on this because Aden grew up thinking it was his fault and naturally he was going to get defensive of his past, it is inevitable. You cannot expect someone just to forget the past and move on it takes time and for that reason despite all the misery Adelle have been through, they just deserve to be together now.

I loved the idea of Belle and Aden. Before they got together I was a big fan.

Then they got together and I didn't buy it. The constant up and down was boring, I didn't really see the chemistry and, unfortunately, the hype did ruin it slightly for me but I didn't have any strong anti feelings.

However, my dislike really started when Belle started pushing everyone around about the development site thing. She asked three people to risk their jobs for her and never really showed any gratitude. Then she stayed with Angelo because having a cop on side was really useful to her at the time but carried on sleeping with Aden on the side.

I've always liked Belle but over the last two months, every shred of respect and good feeling towards her has slowly been stripped away by her attitude and behaviour.

I really hate that they have got away with the cheating so lightly. I couldn't care less how 'in love' or 'meant for eachother' they were, cheating is wrong. It's just wrong and there's no excuse for it. It's something I feel very strongly about and and no one seems to care that they did something wrong. And the only person that had the gall to disagree with what they did was lucky enough to be subjected to Aden's hypocritical rage on Monday.

And now we have the delight of seeing Belle be targeted by the developers and Angelo turn into the bad guy so that Belle and Aden are, again, the poor star crossed lovers just trying to stay together in a world that is against them.

I have so much to say about this couple but I am not doing it very eloquently so I'm going to shut up. I will say that Jess Tovey and Todd Lascance are amazing actors. Just don't like their characters.

11. I have a boyfriend. That's ok let's have sex anyway.

12. My boyfriend found out we cheated and outed us in front of the whole town but it's okay because he did that, we can act like WE'RE the victims of the whole thing. :rolleyes:

This is why I have dropped my Adelle love. I like Belle, I like Aden and together they were sweet and realistic.

Then the writers decide to recreate the Dani effect with the viewers and look, it worked. They took a good character (Angelo), split a golden couple then put them back together while making them the victim while Angelo turns into the evil character. And we fall for it again!

(They also did this with Jack, Martha & Sam to a certain extent!)

And again I personally feel that the female is to blame. Back when the whole KK & Dani thing was going down Kane was willing to stop but Kirsty was selfish. With Adelle & Angelo I feel that Aden tried his hardest to get over Belle to let her be happy but she kept going after him.

I say ditch Belle and just put Angelo and Aden together :P

i hate aden and belle! Worst couple on earth. I don't see any chemistry between them. I came across an old belle and drew video yesterday on youtube, and watched it - and realised that the two of them were way cuter than belle and aden. I thought also it was really funny yesterday on home and away - aden told belle he'd run a bath for her. And then i thought back to a scene between belle and drew when they were together - where drew told belle he'd run a bath for her, think it was shortly after the creepy dom kidnapp thing. And i thought, 'gee, so the writers can't even think of any new scenes/ dialogue anymore to disguise the fact that they've turned aden into drew!' :lol:

I love Aden and Belle! The last two episodes have confirmed to me that they are the best couple on the show at the moment. They are totally committed to each other and the love they feel for each other is acted so well on screen that it comes across as real. As far as I'm concerned they ooze chemistry and I'd like to think they'll be together until Todd and Jess leave the show.

I also think that the reasons why most people like them and some people don't have been explained extensively and repeatedly so we should maybe wait and see what's in store for them in 2009. Now that Aden's abuse storyline is finished (which dominated/affected most of their relationship and created pro and anti Adelle viewers) it is like a chapter if not a book has been finished. I am now keen to see where the writers will take them and I will from now on comment on them as a couple on the basis of what happens in the next chapter/book.

I love Aden and Belle! The last two episodes have confirmed to me that they are the best couple on the show at the moment. They are totally committed to each other and the love they feel for each other is acted so well on screen that it comes across as real. As far as I'm concerned they ooze chemistry and I'd like to think they'll be together until Todd and Jess leave the show.

I also think that the reasons why most people like them and some people don't have been explained extensively and repeatedly so we should maybe wait and see what's in store for them in 2009. Now that Aden's abuse storyline is finished (which dominated/affected most of their relationship and created pro and anti Adelle viewers) it is like a chapter if not a book has been finished. I am now keen to see where the writers will take them and I will from now on comment on them as a couple on the basis of what happens in the next chapter/book.

I totaly agree with you :) I still haven't seen the season finale episode yet, but will later today.

And I also wonder what will happen with Aden & Belle in 2009.

I'm intrigued to see what the writers are going to do with Aden and Belle in 09...they've had such a massive year. It would be nice to see them stay as a loving couple, and give Todd and Jess individual storylines that impact on their characters rather than their relationship with one another. I want to see them supporting one another through whatever troubles lie ahead for the other. I don't want to see them breaking up, getting back together, breaking up, getting back together...if that's all that happens to them the entire year I will be very annoyed.

I'm intrigued to see what the writers are going to do with Aden and Belle in 09. I don't want to see them breaking up, getting back together, breaking up, getting back together...if that's all that happens to them the entire year I will be very annoyed.

I hope that doesn't happen as well.

I've loved this couple since they began. Some parts of their relationship have annoyed me alot and they were times I wished someone would have smack them over their heads. But the difference between them and some of the other couples at the moment is that they've never bored me at anytime. Their scenes also seems very natural. It also helps that they are played by two very talented actors.

I'm really interested to see were the writers go with them next year. I wish we get some interesting storylines that don't involve them breaking up. Fighting though I don't mind. I love their angsty scenes. Right now they are about the only characters (them and maybe one or two others)keeping me interested in the show. So I hope the writers don't ruin them. The writers seem to have a thing about ruining characters/couples once they become too popular.

Edited by enjoy the ride