Belle/Aden

Cal

Sorry, everyone, my argumentative streak seems to have resurfaced and I seem to have brought it out in everyone else.What I was trying to say, Jody, in my own cack-handed fashion, was that you seemed to be agreeing with the people who said they weren't ready for marriage.I think part of my problem is that I've never really bought Aden and Belle as being in love, in my opinion them getting together wasn't handled very well and however many times they say "I love you" that's not going to convince me.But I accept that that's my problem and I'm supposed to just accept that they're in love.

So...objective head on.They're a couple of dumb kids.Yes, okay, that's not very objective.But they're living away from home for the first time, they don't strike me as particularly mature, especially him, and they're suddenly moving from living together to talking about marriage and babies in a very short space of time.Maybe it is realistic but that doesn't make it right.Love's all very well but that doesn't stop their relationship being volatile.They might see themselves as in it for the long haul at the moment but they've still split up quite a few times, the last time being not that long ago.That didn't mean they didn't love each other, it just meant that they weren't able to be together at that point.They need to work at their relationship and make sure they can be together through the hard times as well as the good.Otherwise, they're likely to be heading for the divorce courts within six months.I have a feeling that if they did get engaged, Irene and the others would just throw them a party and act as though it was a good thing without making any real effort to make sure they've thought it through.I guess you can be philosophical and metaphysical and say "If they're going to do the story, then at least they're doing it realistically" but I think it's more pertinent to say "They shouldn't be doing the story."

I don't know if they're more ready than other young couples as some posters have suggested.Robbie and Tasha had been together since they were 15 so getting married at 18 seemed natural:They had a couple of blips, notably that Believers nonsense, but in my mind they'd proved themselves.Ric and Mattie had been close for around three years, even when they weren't together they were good friends and they'd helped each other through the hard times so their moving in together felt right.Aden and Belle...Moving in together and talking about getting engaged less than eighteen months after they first noticed each other doesn't really seem like "they've been in love a long time" to me.It might work if they'd had a more adult relationship beforehand but they're still writing them as youngsters, with their social circle largely consisting of people who are still at school, so it really doesn't seem like they're at that place to me.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, that's how i see it as well.

I don't doubt they love each other, but it's been proved time and time again that they just seem to give up when thigns get a little rough. And you can't do that in a marriage. You have to stick by each other no matter what. When things are going well Aden and Belle are all happy and carefree and things are great, but as soon as there's a little blip one of them bails. That doesn't exactly suggest a strong, stable relationship to me.

Their relationship has been more off than on and as of yet, they've failed to support each other through any sort of drama/serious issue without ending their relationship.

They're both so young still and barely know what they want or who they are as individuals. Sure live together and see how it goes, but in the real world there'd been some opposition to this from close friends and family.

Exactly, that's how i see it as well.

I don't doubt they love each other, but it's been proved time and time again that they just seem to give up when thigns get a little rough. And you can't do that in a marriage. You have to stick by each other no matter what. When things are going well Aden and Belle are all happy and carefree and things are great, but as soon as there's a little blip one of them bails. That doesn't exactly suggest a strong, stable relationship to me.

Their relationship has been more off than on and as of yet, they've failed to support each other through any sort of drama/serious issue without ending their relationship.

They're both so young still and barely know what they want or who they are as individuals. Sure live together and see how it goes, but in the real world there'd been some opposition to this from close friends and family.

you've just pretty much described the relationships of summer bay. Isn't that what happens to ALL the couples on there. When things go hard it seems like the end of the world and obviously if its happy and carefree theres no other way to be but happy and carefree. Theres no ifs or buts about it!!

Of course they're young and they're pretty much bound to stuff up one way or the other...they haven't yet got that stability that Toni or Rachel have with their relationship because they're old and have kids of their own (toni) and one on the way, theres an obvious maturity there that Aden and Belle have not yet expierenced yet to a certain degree. But in saying that they're stable in the knowledge that they know what they have in each other and it seems to me like they're living in the moment and with the recent past episodes we've seen that within them.

They would argue but instead of pushing it to one side they'll talk about it and confide in each other instead of doing the runaway act of "you chase me first" sort of attitude.

Its nice to see but its still early days for them in this new found relationship of theirs...until its time....

you've just pretty much described the relationships of summer bay. Isn't that what happens to ALL the couples on there. When things go hard it seems like the end of the world and obviously if its happy and carefree theres no other way to be but happy and carefree. Theres no ifs or buts about it!!

No, not all couples break up as soon as things get a little tough. Belle and Aden however, do. Maybe it is simply becasue they're young and don't have the same life experiences as older couples, but they seem to find it difficult to support each other when it's most needed. However, maybe after everything that's happened to them they've grown up a lot and realised how much they mean to each other.

No, not all couples break up as soon as things get a little tough. Belle and Aden however, do. Maybe it is simply becasue they're young and don't have the same life experiences as older couples, but they seem to find it difficult to support each other when it's most needed. However, maybe after everything that's happened to them they've grown up a lot and realised how much they mean to each other.

I don't think that kidnapping your father, your girlfriend and a doctor as well as going through a drug addiction can be deemed as a "little tough" tif for a relationship to end. The kidnapping event was understandable on Belles part she would've done what every other person in the world would do and just let him get help first.

The drug addiction event with Aden breaking up with her was also understandable because he went through that whole addiction phase with his father...these were all good reasons for breaking up! I understand where your coming from but what they went through wasn't at all the " little tough" reason to why they broke up. This was major stuff man. Like psychotic crap mixed with more psychotic events!! If anybody can get through that and come out trumps and still be head over heels in love, then you've got my respect!!

Sorry, everyone, my argumentative streak seems to have resurfaced and I seem to have brought it out in everyone else.What I was trying to say, Jody, in my own cack-handed fashion, was that you seemed to be agreeing with the people who said they weren't ready for marriage.

No need to be sorry, I was just confused by your comment and wanted to explain myself incase it came off like I was stating that my opinion was the right one because I was to lazy to add an 'IMO' or 'To me' to it. And, yes, I think they aren't ready for marriage. But then again I don't think that there are many couples on this show are ever ready for it either.

So...objective head on.They're a couple of dumb kids.Yes, okay, that's not very objective.But they're living away from home for the first time, they don't strike me as particularly mature, especially him, and they're suddenly moving from living together to talking about marriage and babies in a very short space of time.

I've said what I think about why he suddenly has a desire to propse but as for the baby talk, it only came up because Belle thought she might be pregnant after feeling ill. Aden reacted with shock at the idea then later on reassurred her he would be there for her if she were to fall pregnant. Although he did mention that having kids any time soon was not something he was thinking about but he did make it clear that if it happenned anyway she could count on him. So he's not thinking about them starting a family just yet, infact the idea freaked him out a bit there, but he does see them, from his words, having kids someday in the future.

"If they're going to do the story, then at least they're doing it realistically" but I think it's more pertinent to say "They shouldn't be doing the story."

I agree with you here. Unfortunately I learnt to just accept that the writers are going to do what they want and I just hope they can do a good enough job at it and make it as believable as possible. And clearly the writers want this marriage stuff.

I get what you're saying here but I disagree with that. About them giving up when thing got a little rough - lashing out at you're girlfriend and calling her a skank because the situation you were in reminded one of the sexual abuse by his grandfather, then having your boyfriend suffer a mental breakdown and take you hostage while trying to kill his father, and then breaking up with someone because of a drug addiction that is bringing back memories of your alcoholic father, I think these events were more then things getting a little rough or a little blip. And I do believe that you need to stick each other through the hard times, and thats one area that Aden especially seemed to fail in, theres no denying that, but he's working on it and we saw that from the way he was recently while helping her with Irene.

They may end their relationship but they are still there for each other more often then not, well Belle more then Aden but as I was saying the writers are starting to adress that. The skank issue, Belle could have easily walked away but she gave him the benefit of the doubt, he just wasn't ready to tell her yet and only then did she give up. But in the end he did find the courage to tell her and in the next episode we got that talk between them were we saw them deal with how he was feeling together. After the hostage situation we saw her still go see him after a while and then even put aside her own feelings and offer to be there for him throughout. When he didn't feel like he could tell the truth in court and was risking ruining his future because of his fears it was her who made him realise what he was doing. Even when he didn't want to listen. She was the one who then, even things were not going good between at the time, put aside all that and talked him into seeing his father because it could good for him. Even went with him and we once again saw him confide in her how he felt. After they got back together, we saw him taking care of her throughtout her many stays at the hospital, willing to put back uni because he didn't want to leave her when she needed him, and even though I think they dropped the ball after that for a while with Aden so I'm not going to deny the fact that he was a lousy boyfriend for while after. His break up with her after finding out about the addiction was a bad move but I didn't like it but atleast we were given a pausible reason for it and after she came out of rehab we've seen him be her friend, apart from acting like jerk again with Liam, he came through in the end and helped with that situation and then preceded to be her friend and be there for while she was dealing with Irene and stuff. My point in this long ramblings about all the times they've been there with each other through difficult times is that they may break up alot but it never stops them from being involved in each others life, being for each other, and while sometimes it takes while before they can reach out to each other they almost always do in the end. Broken up or not I find they deal with more issues together, and yes not all their issues but most, then most couples. We've seen couples who stay together but never deal with their issues but rather gloss over it and then move on so I don't believe that staying together all the time nessasarily means that a relationship is stronger.

Their relationship is far from perfect but they seem to working on it and I don't think they are ready for marriage just yet and the whole point of my first post was that I don't think the writers were ever trying to tell us they were in the first place. And now I feel like I'm going around in circles so I'll stop.

BTW, this is just the way I see things and my opinion on their relationship. And when I write really long posts I tend to get carried away and it ends up coming off more strongly then I was hoping. So sorry about that.

Edited by Jody

I am so shocked reading people's post saying they don't love each other, have they not said "I love you"? Do they not show affection to each other? Do they not support each other through their problems? After they get over their "stubbon streak". Unbelievable, I don't know how you do it Jody, Baliey...other adelle fans I personally have had it explaining why Belle and Aden make a good couple and their personal struggles. This thread is just going AROUND and AROUND and AROUND in circles. The same old arugments are brought up, clearly you anti adelle people aren't gonna change your mind no matter how hard we try to explain the relationship to you. I'm really over the adelle thread on bttb. *Takes a deep breath* Luckily there's a much friendly and positive thread elsewhere :D

Justin Chambers who plays Alex on Grey's Anatomy said this about Izzie who is dying from skin cancer and iI think it relates perfectly when talking about Belle and Aden Chambers (who plays Axel)said "I'm going to marry her and do the right thing because she might be dead soon, so let's try and make what little time she has left beautiful" I love what he said, because its so true

Edited by Lily-G

I don't think love is really something you can explain, you either see it or you don't.I'm sure even Adelle fans have couples on the show that they don't think work together, no matter how many times they say "I love you" or how affectionate or supportive they can be.They're not the first couple I've been told are in love when I can't really see it although they're possibly the most high profile.I guess your perception of a couple is going to affect how you see the relationship.If you were never that keen on them in the first place, then if they keep having trouble you're going to think it's not worth the bother. If you love them, then you're going to be rooting for them to get through it and be happy together.

I don't think love is really something you can explain, you either see it or you don't.I'm sure even Adelle fans have couples on the show that they don't think work together, no matter how many times they say "I love you" or how affectionate or supportive they can be.They're not the first couple I've been told are in love when I can't really see it although they're possibly the most high profile.I guess your perception of a couple is going to affect how you see the relationship.If you were never that keen on them in the first place, then if they keep having trouble you're going to think it's not worth the bother. If you love them, then you're going to be rooting for them to get through it and be happy together.

hmmm finally something we agree on!