Belle/Aden

Cal

I'm sorry, when has Aden ever had to grovel or work hard at their relationship?He's made the first move on occasions and he was arguably doing most of the running when she was with Angelo and indeed when they first got together but I don't think she ever made him work for anything.It's pretty much always been "I'm sorry"/"Oh, okay."

Tuesdays or Mondays epi, can't remember, is a really great example of Aden grovelling. I believe his exact words were "when you get out i want to be there for you. Anything you want I'll give" the dude is grovelling, which made him look kinda sad. Yeah, yeah so they're not together but its an example to how you feel that Belle gets treated like a "doormat" when clearly that scene showed the opposite. And I don't think its ever been that easy with the "im sorry," "Oh ok" attitude...Theres always reason given and its never been that simple, in saying that Aden was always the one with the problem so obviously he had to do the apologising.

It's interesting that before she and Aden got together she had no problem standing up to him and pointing out when he was acting like a jerk but as soon as he became her boyfriend that aspect of their relationship disappeared completely.She seemed to adopt a much more passive attitude, making token protests if at all if she thought he was treating her or others badly.It's almost as if she's determined not to upset him.Note how she quickly transformed herself from a stressed-out mess hiding away in her room to a glamourpuss when he made it clear how unhappy he'd be if she didn't go to the formal with him.Maybe that is a kind of love but I don't really see it as special or healthy.

I think we have two completely different minds when it comes to this and we can point and ***** about what we do and don't see but thats whats wierd because i saw that scene with Belle at Adens Formal as special and healthy and it was love :rolleyes: (sorry had to roll my eyes cause it sounds cheesy on my part). Anywho, the fact that Belle even made an effort to go to the formal was good on her half, if she didn't we wouldn't be having this conversation and instead we'd be talking about how Belle didn't love Aden enough to go to the formal blah, blah, blah. But she did go, she made an effort to support him when she herself was going through a rough patch, as you said. Of course he was going to be unhappy about not going to the formal with her, who wouldn't. Anyways all im saying is that Belle to me doesn't represent the "doormat" you speak of. She has merely grown up and probably sees the relationship she has with Aden as special and something to fight for. Maybe she has lost some of that fiestyness but people change when they meet someone they feel they're destined to be with :rolleyes: (sorry thats for me)...and usually that change is for the better.

I should probably be quiet and us just agree to disagree, like you say we view the relationship different and there's nothing wrong with that.But here's my two pen'orth.I'm watching at UK pace so I haven't seen this week's episodes yet but I find it interesting that an early post talked about how different it was.It has often been a case of "I'm sorry"/"That's okay."After he called her a skank, he went up to her in the surf club, while she was having a drink with Angelo, and said he was sorry for what he said and it wasn't true and she just accepted it without any real argument.Then he asked to talk in private and she seemingly just left with him even though she was there with someone else.(At the very least, she must have made her excuses pretty quickly.)When they met on the beach after he came out of the clinic, he just said "I'm sorry for what I did to you", she basically said it was okay and after that it wasn't an issue between them.

As for the formal thing...If Aden had been understanding and considerate and calmly explained to her that he was disappointed because it was a big thing for him and he wanted her to be there but he understood why she was feeling the way she was, then I would have accepted her making the effort because she loved him.But instead he got annoyed and snapped at her and she just caved.Maybe we were meant to agree with Aden and see Belle as wallowing in self-pity and letting down the person she loved and be pleased that she "came good" but that just wasn't the way I saw it.

EDIT: Actually, I've thought hard about it with my objective hat on and I think what they were going for was that, even though he'd just used her as a verbal punchbag again, Belle dragged herself out of her effective sickbed and made the effort because despite the bad temper she could tell it meant a lot to Aden and he meant a lot to her.I guess how effective it was depends on how you view the characters and the pairing.

Edited by Red Ranger 1

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second episode in a row that had me impressed with the way Aden and Belle are handling themselves. Aden was once again acting mature, understanding and not demanding anything from Belle. And Belle was sticking to her decision about them, saying how she felt, focusing on whats best for her recovery and making smart decisions.

It was good to see Aden and Belle getting along the way they were even though they weren't together. Infact these scenes were made better by the fact that they weren't together at the time of them. I loved that they were both mentioning, at times, the things that was wrong/went wrong with their relationship. It's nice to see them adressing all of this.

Aden throwing the guys camera was fun to watch. So was Belle's reaction to it.

There was some nice quotes as well.

(About Annie)

Belle: Remind me later to strangle that one.

Aden: I'll help.

(Just after Aden sat down with them)

Annie: Belle was just talking about you.

- The look Belle gave her was absolutely funny.

Belle: You're such a rebel.

Aden: Hmm...you love it.

- The way Belle said that line is what made it funny. Loved it.

Great episode. Seeing them actually talk about stuff instead of glossing over it and jumping back into a relationship without anything being resolved is making me truly enjoy their scenes together right now. Not to mention there were a few moments in this episode that had me grinning from ear to ear. So nice to see them just be happy and enjoying being in each others company.

Edited by Jody

I should probably be quiet and us just agree to disagree, like you say we view the relationship different and there's nothing wrong with that.But here's my two pen'orth.I'm watching at UK pace so I haven't seen this week's episodes yet but I find it interesting that an early post talked about how different it was.It has often been a case of "I'm sorry"/"That's okay."After he called her a skank, he went up to her in the surf club, while she was having a drink with Angelo, and said he was sorry for what he said and it wasn't true and she just accepted it without any real argument.Then he asked to talk in private and she seemingly just left with him even though she was there with someone else.

Actually he didn't apologise in the Surf Club he asked her what she was doing with Angelo and accused her of only being out with him to get back at him. She told him to go away because she was on a date and they weren't together anymore so she wasn't interested in what was happening with his Dad. Then after the date was over she was talking to Irene in The Diner and Aden came in. It was only then that he said sorry and asked to talk in private so she didn't just leave with him even though she was with Angelo. their date was already over and she was alone at the time.

Edited by Louise_2983

I should probably be quiet and us just agree to disagree, like you say we view the relationship different and there's nothing wrong with that.But here's my two pen'orth.I'm watching at UK pace so I haven't seen this week's episodes yet but I find it interesting that an early post talked about how different it was.It has often been a case of "I'm sorry"/"That's okay."After he called her a skank, he went up to her in the surf club, while she was having a drink with Angelo, and said he was sorry for what he said and it wasn't true and she just accepted it without any real argument.Then he asked to talk in private and she seemingly just left with him even though she was there with someone else.

Actually he didn't apologise in the Surf Club he asked her what she was doing with Angelo and accused her of only being out with him to get back at him. She told him to go away because she was on a date and they weren't together anymore so she wasn't interested in what was happening with his Dad. Then after the date was over she was talking to Irene in The Diner and Aden came in. It was only then that he said sorry and asked to talk in private so she didn't just leave with him even though she was with Angelo. their date was already over and she was alone at the time.

Sorry, I obviously remembered that wrong.

Going by some of the comments on here, I think I might actually like some of the upcoming Belle and Aden scenes.I've always thought they should have just been friends instead of trying to be a couple so if they're finally writing them like that it'll be interesting to watch.Of course, I suspect they'll end up getting back together eventually but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

lol thanks you saved me the trouble of responding to Redranger :D

But loved also last nights episode! I think it was absolutely perfect. Their emotions, their interaction was fantastic. Belles relationship with Annie is by far the cutest thing on this show at the moment. I absolutely adore her.

Going by some of the comments on here, I think I might actually like some of the upcoming Belle and Aden scenes.I've always thought they should have just been friends instead of trying to be a couple so if they're finally writing them like that it'll be interesting to watch.Of course, I suspect they'll end up getting back together eventually but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

What you mean you don't watch those scenes on a daily basis like the rest of us?! :wink:

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high Red Ranger, they are writing them as "friends" but with so much chemistry that the scene practically sizzles :lol: Every Adelle fan I know loved last night's ep and you know we wouldn't love it if they were writing them as friends and nothing more

Edited by Louise_2983

What you mean you don't watch those scenes on a daily basis like the rest of us?! :wink:

Um...actually, full disclosure, I've never actually seen that episode all the way through, I was in Menorca when it was shown over here.(You had Ric and Mattie leaving that week, I wasn't going to waste the tape on an Adelle episode...)I read the BTTB synopsis and watched the last scene on YouTube because I wanted to know exactly what was said but I didn't bother with the rest.(Course I've had no sound on my computer for the last six months so can't do that anymore...)