Belle/Aden

Cal

The Aden and Belle scene in yesterdays episode was really good. And such a pleasure to watch.

Considering Aden's behaviour in situations where he is in the wrong recently and in general, I went in expecting him to behave the way he usually does (turning it around on her, making her feel bad or throwing a tantrum), and was pleasantly surprised by the way he handled himself.

I liked his chat with Belle in the rehab centre - he was mature, he knew he was in the wrong, and he didn't expect anything from Belle - he just wanted to have his say and let her know how he felt.

I quoted this from the episode discussion thread because tw1057 explained why I liked him in that scene really well. I especially loved how he still offerred to be for her and thanked her for hearing him out even after he realised she was not going to accept his apology just yet, instead of storming of like he usually does when things don't go his way.

Belle was great to watch during that scene as well. I love how she didn't give in to him and stood her ground even though she was hurting. I stopped expecting Belle to stay strong when it comes to Aden a long time ago so that was another unexpected but welcomed moment. Reminded me a little of the old Belle there.

Even though this was a sad scene the way both of them handled themselves really made me smile. I really hope the Aden and Belle we saw in this episode wasn't a one off.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adelle were very sweet in the beginning, but I feel that they rushed things a bit, I mean they went from hating eachother to loving eachother. :blink:

Just doesn't work like that. Maybe they should have developed a friendship first that slowly turned into a 'crush' and then into something more.

It also became very stale and all they seemed to do was argue.

I feel that Belle lost her fiestyness she had back when she was in high school and maybe that was because all her highschool friends left e.g. Mattie, Ric, Drew, Lucas, Cassie etc... And so they paired her up with the closest person near her age.

To be honest I got no pleasure out of watching their relationship and found it quite dull. Belle turned more bitter and serious and they hardly shared any 'cute' scenes; and if they did it was very rare.

Belle and Aden don't share anything in common and yes opposits attract but they're just too different and want different things.

I think Belle would be better suited with Liam.

Just my opinion :rolleyes:

Interesting to hear people talking about Belle finally standing up to Aden because I think the moment when I went from thinking "Where did all this come from?" to thinking "This relationship is just ruining both characters" was when she kept kowtowing to him.It was in the scene when she told him about his father's drinking.He did nothing in that scene except shout at her and hide things from her(with good reason, but she didn't know that)and she just gave in and told him what he wanted to know, not because she thought it was the right thing but because she wanted him to stop, after actually running after him when he stormed out on her.I'm sorry but there's no way she would have reacted like that to Ric or Drew.

Interesting to hear people talking about Belle finally standing up to Aden because I think the moment when I went from thinking "Where did all this come from?" to thinking "This relationship is just ruining both characters" was when she kept kowtowing to him.It was in the scene when she told him about his father's drinking.He did nothing in that scene except shout at her and hide things from her(with good reason, but she didn't know that)and she just gave in and told him what he wanted to know, not because she thought it was the right thing but because she wanted him to stop, after actually running after him when he stormed out on her.I'm sorry but there's no way she would have reacted like that to Ric or Drew.

Well there it is. They were Ric and Drew they weren't Aden!

Tbh, when Belle was with Ric she was quite young and a bit of a brat and her whole intention with being with Ric was to manipulate and hurt others along the way, of course she wouldn't try and be understanding and careful about things she was only thinking about herself during her first year on the show. As for Drew well this was her first real relationship and they both had the head of a bull he like Aden challanged her quite a bit but she wasn't "caring" enough to give in or she had no reasons to not react feisty towards him thats all she knew at that time and she had never faced the kind of anguish or pain in a relationship that Aden would soon have her experience.

Aden on the otherhand i guess made her feel something and I think thats why their relationship is so special, to me anyways. He let her in on a family secret, he trusted her with it and in return she was able to be understanding and loving and along the way she lost her "fiestyness" because of what she experienced with him.

But that scene in rehab was awesome. I too also loved the fact that she didn't give in too easily and I loved that Aden didn't push it, i think they both know where they are in their relationship and how hard it'll be to get that back, but you can also see that they're both hurting (obviously) but you can also see how much they love each other deeply.

Aden on the otherhand i guess made her feel something and I think thats why their relationship is so special, to me anyways. He let her in on a family secret, he trusted her with it and in return she was able to be understanding and loving and along the way she lost her "fiestyness" because of what she experienced with him.

Well, as I mentioned, it started before he told her about his family secret.I'm really not sure why "special" equates with "acts like a doormat".To me, it feels more like she was so lonely and so desperate for it to work out this time that she just puts up with anything.

Well, as I mentioned, it started before he told her about his family secret.I'm really not sure why "special" equates with "acts like a doormat".To me, it feels more like she was so lonely and so desperate for it to work out this time that she just puts up with anything.

I don't see that at all, Belle letting him treat her as a "doormat." Obviously she saw something in him for her to let him treat her so unkindly otherwise she wouldn't have bothered with the relationship, and with her being lonely and desperate for a relationship...doubt it! If she was that desperate she would have given in to him constantly but she didn't there were times where he had to do the grovelling and he had to work hard at their relationship more than her, it worked both ways. But in now way did she ever come across as lonely and desperate if anything it was more Aden than her.

I don't see that at all, Belle letting him treat her as a "doormat." Obviously she saw something in him for her to let him treat her so unkindly otherwise she wouldn't have bothered with the relationship, and with her being lonely and desperate for a relationship...doubt it! If she was that desperate she would have given in to him constantly but she didn't there were times where he had to do the grovelling and he had to work hard at their relationship more than her, it worked both ways. But in now way did she ever come across as lonely and desperate if anything it was more Aden than her.

I'm sorry, when has Aden ever had to grovel or work hard at their relationship?He's made the first move on occasions and he was arguably doing most of the running when she was with Angelo and indeed when they first got together but I don't think she ever made him work for anything.It's pretty much always been "I'm sorry"/"Oh, okay."

Here's what I think today, I'll probably have changed my mind by tomorrow.It's not about the person, it's about the timing.Belle was in a relationship with Drew for nearly two years, on and off, and effectively ended up with nothing at the end of it.Throughout their relationship, she was never afraid to stand up for herself or speak her mind, which caused friction between them and ultimately contributed to them breaking up.I don't think it's a stretch, giving how cut up she seemed about it, that she'd decide her approach didn't work and she was going to do things differently next time.

It's interesting that before she and Aden got together she had no problem standing up to him and pointing out when he was acting like a jerk but as soon as he became her boyfriend that aspect of their relationship disappeared completely.She seemed to adopt a much more passive attitude, making token protests if at all if she thought he was treating her or others badly.It's almost as if she's determined not to upset him.Note how she quickly transformed herself from a stressed-out mess hiding away in her room to a glamourpuss when he made it clear how unhappy he'd be if she didn't go to the formal with him.Maybe that is a kind of love but I don't really see it as special or healthy.

Belle in rehab was always going to spell trouble for her 'relationship' with Aden but I love Liam's involvement as a friend but yet as something more.

I'm sorry, when has Aden ever had to grovel or work hard at their relationship?He's made the first move on occasions and he was arguably doing most of the running when she was with Angelo and indeed when they first got together but I don't think she ever made him work for anything.It's pretty much always been "I'm sorry"/"Oh, okay."

I have to agree, Aden hasnt had to work hard because Belle has always appreciated and even when she dumped him when he was in the clinic, it was obvious that she wanted him back. Aden only acted on the signals he got from her in my opinion, despite that they still work together.

Tuesdays or Mondays epi, can't remember, is a really great example of Aden grovelling. I believe his exact words were "when you get out i want to be there for you. Anything you want I'll give" the dude is grovelling, which made him look kinda sad. Yeah, yeah so they're not together but its an example to how you feel that Belle gets treated like a "doormat" when clearly that scene showed the opposite. And I don't think its ever been that easy with the "im sorry," "Oh ok" attitude...Theres always reason given and its never been that simple, in saying that Aden was always the one with the problem so obviously he had to do the apologising.

It's interesting that before she and Aden got together she had no problem standing up to him and pointing out when he was acting like a jerk but as soon as he became her boyfriend that aspect of their relationship disappeared completely.She seemed to adopt a much more passive attitude, making token protests if at all if she thought he was treating her or others badly.It's almost as if she's determined not to upset him.Note how she quickly transformed herself from a stressed-out mess hiding away in her room to a glamourpuss when he made it clear how unhappy he'd be if she didn't go to the formal with him.Maybe that is a kind of love but I don't really see it as special or healthy.

I think we have two completely different minds when it comes to this and we can point and ***** about what we do and don't see but thats whats wierd because i saw that scene with Belle at Adens Formal as special and healthy and it was love :rolleyes: (sorry had to roll my eyes cause it sounds cheesy on my part). Anywho, the fact that Belle even made an effort to go to the formal was good on her half, if she didn't we wouldn't be having this conversation and instead we'd be talking about how Belle didn't love Aden enough to go to the formal blah, blah, blah. But she did go, she made an effort to support him when she herself was going through a rough patch, as you said. Of course he was going to be unhappy about not going to the formal with her, who wouldn't. Anyways all im saying is that Belle to me doesn't represent the "doormat" you speak of. She has merely grown up and probably sees the relationship she has with Aden as special and something to fight for. Maybe she has lost some of that fiestyness but people change when they meet someone they feel they're destined to be with :rolleyes: (sorry thats for me)...and usually that change is for the better.