Belle/Aden

Cal

Aden and Belle shouldn't last because, seriously, all they ever do is hurt each other.Apart from a few isolated scenes, I've never really seen them happy together.So it does seem strange that the writers seem to keep trying to push them as their new golden couple whilst simultaneously splitting them up every five minutes.I think for whatever reason, whether it's because they're popular with a lot of fans or because the writers are genuinely convinced they make a good couple, they're going to keep their association for the foreseeable future.I hope I'm wrong because they just don't work for me.I hate it when couples keep splitting up and getting back together because half the time there's a very good reason for them splitting up which then isn't addressed at all when they get back together, which makes everything going wrong again frankly inevitable.

I agree with you completely. It says a lot about a couple when they keep breaking up. I'm not saying there haven't been some beautiful moments with Adelle such as the way she supported him through this drama with his Dad and his past sexual abuse and the way he started to show her support with her drug abuse. But it seems there's only a nice moment when they hug each other after revealing their big secrets they've been keeping from each other for the past few months :blink: The rest of the time they just seem to make each other unhappy and I get the feeling that they are only together because they feel they should be together, as they've been through so much as a couple.

I like Aden and I like Belle but together, I'm not convinced they work as a couple, personally.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aden and Belle shouldn't last because, seriously, all they ever do is hurt each other.Apart from a few isolated scenes, I've never really seen them happy together.So it does seem strange that the writers seem to keep trying to push them as their new golden couple whilst simultaneously splitting them up every five minutes.I think for whatever reason, whether it's because they're popular with a lot of fans or because the writers are genuinely convinced they make a good couple, they're going to keep their association for the foreseeable future.I hope I'm wrong because they just don't work for me.I hate it when couples keep splitting up and getting back together because half the time there's a very good reason for them splitting up which then isn't addressed at all when they get back together, which makes everything going wrong again frankly inevitable.

I am not going to argue whether they are a good couple or not because a) you all know what I think and b) because we are all different and we all perceive people differently. I find them incredibly interesting together and some people don't. I think you and I Red Ranger for instance could go on and on analysing them as a couple and we would always end up having opposite views on them and that's simply because you and I have a different opinion as to who makes a good couple. That does not make either me or you right and the other one wrong: we just see them in a totally different way.

As for them being a so called golden couple, Aden and Belle are indeed very popular and the only reason why the writers are "pushing" them as a couple is because this is what the majority of the viewers seem to want (at least according to polls and letters sent to the official website). Splitting them up for good would be a very unwise decision for the writers to take businesswise. The more popular characters/couples always seem to get more drama and intense storylines because that's what keeps the majority of the viewers watching. If Aden and Belle suddenly became very dramafree and started leading a very ordinary life, they would suddenly become boring to most viewers. Having said that, I agree with an earlier post of yours where you stated that piling problem after problem on them is an indication of lazy writing. I love them together, I love the fluff between them, I don't enjoy seeing them go through crisis after crisis in their relationship and I think they could be equally interesting if they were left to deal with interesting situations that don't necessarily have a negative impact on their relationship.

I really doubt that even in the real world any couple having to deal with big issues like abuse, depression, drug addiction, loss of parent figures etc. etc. would not have their world rocked and their relationship tested. The reality is, not many people in real life have to deal with all the above issues at the same time or in the space of a few months. Maybe the writers could spread the drama more evenly among the characters. But it looks like they are instead choosing the more popular ones only (look at all the drama they piled on Jack and Martha in the past).

I agree with you completely. It says a lot about a couple when they keep breaking up. I'm not saying there haven't been some beautiful moments with Adelle such as the way she supported him through this drama with his Dad and his past sexual abuse and the way he started to show her support with her drug abuse. But it seems there's only a nice moment when they hug each other after revealing their big secrets they've been keeping from each other for the past few months :blink: The rest of the time they just seem to make each other unhappy and I get the feeling that they are only together because they feel they should be together, as they've been through so much as a couple.

I like Aden and I like Belle but together, I'm not convinced they work as a couple, personally.

you both make really good points, and i also don't understand how the writers make them suffer so much as a couple when theres obviously some major potential there, i think they're exploiting their popularity to some degree and as far as im concern its all bull!!

In saying that I LOVE them together (obviously) and i love how emotional they both are! They compliment each other well and their bad traits at the moment seem to outweigh the good they have in each other (otherwise i wouldn't bother to watch the show or show any interest in them at all).

I think i said this before but Im wondering if the writers are trying to create some sort of friction between the two as another challenge in their relationship, how they react and handle it will obviously be the turning point in their future. But we obviously know what happens later on and im all for it and it def gives me the impression that they see something in each other that they didn't see with other people, it'll be hard for them to not deny that.

It'll never happen but I would really love to see Aden and Belle have the sense and maturity to turn around and say "We've been through a lot together, we'll always be close but we just don't work as a couple" and just try and be friends because I seriously, genuinely think that would be best for them.

Keeping them together just because they're popular...I'm in two minds about that.I really don't think that polls on websites should dictate the content of the show and I don't think that fans necessarily know what's best in story terms.(Even though I'm sitting here acting as though I do...)I accept that the show's a business and they want people to watch it but the idealist in me thinks if it's in the best interests of the characters and the story to split a couple up, even if doing so would upset a lot of viewers, they should do it.I find it hard to believe(although it may be true)that a sizeable portion of the audience would suddenly stop watching if Aden and Belle weren't a couple any longer.The show did last 20 years without them, after all.A few might and many more might think it's a bad decision but if the writers know their stuff then they should be able to come up with something else to keep them watching.

the idealist in me thinks if it's in the best interests of the characters and the story to split a couple up, even if doing so would upset a lot of viewers, they should do it.I find it hard to believe(although it may be true)that a sizeable portion of the audience would suddenly stop watching if Aden and Belle weren't a couple any longer.The show did last 20 years without them, after all.A few might and many more might think it's a bad decision but if the writers know their stuff then they should be able to come up with something else to keep them watching.

That's exactly what I mean though. It's your opinion that it is in the best interest of the characters and of the story to split Aden and Belle up, the majority of the viewers don't think so because they genuinely like the couple and they don't see all the flaws you see. The fact that they are an awful pairing to you does not mean they actually are an awful pairing. It's just your opinion.

Of course the show lasted 20 years without them but characters come and go and there are always golden couples to leave only to be replaced be another one. In my personal case, Aden and Belle are the main reason I watch the show and if they left, individually or as a couple, I'm not saying I would stop watching but I would probably stop watching religiously every day until someone I find as interesting as them shows up. But again, that's just my opinion.

The writers can't please each one of us so they tend to please the majority.

I hope you don't feel I'm undermining your opinion or attacking you because that's really not the case. I actually respect your point of view and sometimes see where you are coming from and I find it very refreshing to be able to discuss my favourite characters with someone who does not share my same view without it becoming personal (they're only fictional characters after all). All I wanted to stress is the fact that we feel differently towards different characters because we are different and what might be addictive viewing to me is "God I wish I could fast-forward" viewing for you. As I wrote earlier, that does not mean I'm right about Adelle and you're not; we just perceive them differently. No hard feelings I hope.

Of course the show lasted 20 years without them but characters come and go and there are always golden couples to leave only to be replaced be another one. In my personal case, Aden and Belle are the main reason I watch the show and if they left, individually or as a couple, I'm not saying I would stop watching but I would probably stop watching religiously every day until someone I find as interesting as them shows up. But again, that's just my opinion.

The writers can't please each one of us so they tend to please the majority.

I hope you don't feel I'm undermining your opinion or attacking you because that's really not the case. I actually respect your point of view and sometimes see where you are coming from and I find it very refreshing to be able to discuss my favourite characters with someone who does not share my same view without it becoming personal (they're only fictional characters after all). All I wanted to stress is the fact that we feel differently towards different characters because we are different and what might be addictive viewing to me is "God I wish I could fast-forward" viewing for you. As I wrote earlier, that does not mean I'm right about Adelle and you're not; we just perceive them differently. No hard feelings I hope.

Seriously, I'm not offended, I've got no hard feelings and you're as entitled to express your opinion on here as I am.What I'm saying is that the writers shouldn't please the majority just because they are the majority.They should ignore the viewers and do what they think is best.I'm not even sure how they'd even decide what the majority think, short of asking every single person that watches the show whether they think Aden and Belle should stay together or not.There may, or may not, be thousands or millions of people who watch the show and hold a strong opinion on the subject but would never even think of writing a letter or hopping on the internet to have their say.The writers are, after all, the professionals and should know what's best for the show and characters.I don't think they should keep Aden and Belle together just because they're popular.I think they should trust their own judgement.

Maybe they are already trusting their own judgement and doing what they think is best for the show... we'll never know will we?

Anyway, should they end up splitting them up for good, maybe they should hop on this forum and get some rather interesting and well written storyline ideas from Family Matters :wink:

Now that would definitely be a show I'd want to watch...

(By the way, going back to the subject of Belle and Aden's ages that someone mentioned earlier, Aden used to be the same age as Belle and still is sometimes, it depends on the episode.Personally I tend to assume he is.)

Edited by Red Ranger 1

Belle should be alone and have 4 cats Buffy, Muffy, Fluffy & Joanne

Na but im sick off em getting together and just breaking up every 2 weeks

:lol: I agree. I wish they would either stay together or apart. Obviously I would prefer them apart, but anything is better than the whole on again/off again thing. I had to endure 2/3 years of that with Jack and Martha.