Belle/Aden

Cal

Belle is just like her mother Amanda. Needs a man in her life to survive. Angelo treated her properly. So how did she treat him? Like dirt. She deserved the public himiliation she got.

Aden......I cried with him in court. Belle broke up with him then slept with Angelo then back with Aden.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, it's been a while since I've looked at this page, things have hotted up a bit.Still don't like them, in case anyone's in any doubt.Two characters who only know each other to scowl at fall in love in the space of a couple of days?Yeah, right.

Two of the more curious comments I've seen from the pro camp:If Belle had rejected Aden after he'd confessed his abuse(and, you know, called her a skank), he would have been sent on a downward spiral.Well, leaving aside the fact that he pretty much went on one anyway, is that really a good enough reason for going out with someone?I always thought she should have supported him and been a friend to him but not suddenly decided it made him decent boyfriend material.Did Aden really kidnap Belle?Well, he locked her in a shed and wouldn't let her out.He might not have tied her up but I've a feeling he did shove her.I remember her going to open the door, saying "I know you won't hurt me" and he physically prevented her from unlocking it.And she did seem to forgive him very quickly.She was still angry with him at the police station but by the time she saw him at the clinic she was unambigiously on his side.

I'm not convinced either by the argument that "Yeah, Aden's counselling didn't last long but it would be really dull if he was having months of counselling and couldn't sleep with Belle."Why would that be dull? Why do Aden and Belle have to sleep together?It's as if either society or the mechanics of television mean a relationship somehow isn't valid if they don't have sex.I'd actually respect them more if they were capable of having a loving relationship without it.

Belle being with Angelo.Aden's behaviour during the whole thing seemed to be a bit erratic.(Which is, I suppose, in character.)In some episodes, he seemed to have accepted he and Belle were over.But in others...I remember him coming on pretty strongly with Belle before the trial and acting as though he wanted to kiss her, then storming off in a huff when she didn't respond.And then he wandered into the Diner kitchen, straight past Irene and Roman(who for some reason didn't object to him going in there even though he didn't work there), and invaded Belle's personal space in a way that was frankly worthy of a restraining order.And then in their so-called reunion scene he has the gall to say "I let you walk away once."When did he do that?Even in that scene, Belle's telling him she's made her choice and she's with Angelo and he is clearly not going to take no for an answer.If it wasn't for the fact that Belle supposedly felt the same way, his behaviour would be downright creepy.Okay, I'll accept that, for whatever reason, Aden and Belle want to be together.But what they did to Angelo was wrong and whatever happened subsequently does not change that fact at all.

I'm sorry, Adelle fans.I like to think I gave them a chance.But there didn't seem to be any thought put into this relationship and I long ago added them to the list of Pairings I Think Don't Work.It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't suddenly supposed to be the show's golden couple.Meant to be together?I hope not.

What Belle and Aden did to Angelo was wrong but then people make mistakes. People even repeat past mistakes, I should I have done. Judging Aden in the courtroom IMO was a bit harsh, he should have got a lot more hours of community service or even a suspended sentence but the fact of the matter is that he didnt. Aden has changed a lot and IMO a lot of that is to do with Belle.

I think that Belle has had a positive effect on Aden. He was a bit of mess before they got together.

No matter what the circumstances are cheating is wrong, simple as that. BUT nobody's perfect and everyone mistakes. It was pretty obvious to me that Belle felt guilty and regreted what she did.

I'm not entirely sure about Belle and Aden having a positive effect on each other.Aden had already begun to improve before Belle took an interest in him, if he hadn't she wouldn't have looked twice at him(and didn't).They actually seem to bring out the worst in each other(ie.the skank incident, their treatment of Angelo).They're both guilty of tunnel vision at times, not caring how anyone else is affected as long as they're together.

RedRanger -you could look at another way -that Adelle would do anything just to be together. Also how does Belle brings out the worst in Aden with the skank incident, he was hiding from something and at that time didn't want to tell her what it was until he reliased he could confide in her, I think Belle brought out the best of him then, by stopping him from hiding any longer and to deal with the issue and move forward.

I personally love them as a couple and think they are great together, Belle did help Aden get through the abuse stuff and it looks like Aden is doing the same for her now with the PTSD.

One thing I have to mention is that Aden chased Belle not the other way around so I do think that Aden and Belle have a positive effect on each other, others may not but then that is their decision.

Aden did chase Belle when they first got together. But as we can see (UK pace here) she was still taking half-naked photographs of him, still turning up at Roman’s and still hanging around him even though she’s supposed to be going out with someone else.

And I’m not sure if they have a positive affect on each other either. When Aden was in the clinic and supposed to be receiving treatment he made himself miserable by focusing and pinning after her (remember his reaction when he climbed through her window and saw Angelo and Belle together - distraught) even though he was supposed to be concentrating on getting better. I know they let him out of the clinic because they thought the treatment was complete but it was apparent that he still had unresolved issues and as I’ve said several times before Belle is detrimental to any recovery process in my opinion.

And then there’s the issue of her still going out with Angelo when it’s so obvious that she’s clearly in love with Aden. It’s not so much the cheating that I have a problem with because she’s been no worse than people in the past (Cassie and Martha are the two I can think of) and I can understand her being in a situation where she cares for both Aden and Angelo but can’t decide however this is not the case. She basically admitted to Aden that the reason why she didn’t want to break up with Angelo was because she still needed him to help her expose the council and the issue of the waste-disposal. So basically she’s stringing him along.

I actually used to like them when Aden was first pursuing Belle but when they got together it just didn’t do it for me. All that seemed to happen is that they would both end up being miserable. And now it’s reached the stage where I am starting to find this whole thing (which seems like Drew revisited) quite tiresome.

When they are not together and we see scenes when they are apart, I actually think the characters are more interesting and have more individuality (such as Aden’s relationship with Nicole, Roman etc, Belle’s talks with Geoff). So I don’t mind them separately it’s just the idea of them as a couple which bothers me.

Assuming they get back together, let’s hope they are not breaking up every five minutes as I’m not sure I could stomach that….again.

In response to Slade's reply:

Belle is detrimental to any recovery process in my opinion.

Treatment in the clinic, Belle had already let him go, it isnt her fault he had unresolved issues yet your comment makes it sound like she does, She had let him go and said quite clearly that he needs to concentrate on himself which in my opinion is in some cases or not a hard thing to do. Belle may have been the cause of the setback but not purposely, she wasnt to know that Aden would still want her, she believed that he could move on like she thought she could. Therefore, Belle may have played a part but not a part she willingly enforced, she tried her hardest to stay away from him.

She basically admitted to Aden that the reason why she didn’t want to break up with Angelo was because she still needed him to help her expose the council and the issue of the waste-disposal. So basically she’s stringing him along.

This is true, and it is one of the things that I hate about their relationships. She is stringing him along but I think that the one thing that in my humble opinion that saves that decision was that Aden finally said that he wasnt going to let her be with him and Angelo so techinally she didnt really string him along {sounds crueller than its meant to be}

I personally think the Belle has had a great affect on Aden, before they got together he wasnt willing to show his true feelings to anyone and he felt like he needed to put on the whole bad boy persona so people didn't find out who he really is! Obviously i dont agree with the way they got together whilst she was still with Angelo and there was absolutely no need for the whole skank thing to happen, but even through that i never once doubted that they actually had very strong feelings for each other, which i think is down to the amazing performances of Todd and Jess.