Kirsty Sutherland Phillips - Christie Hayes

Cal

I respect that people don’t like Kirsty and I’m not going to try and convert anybody but I just want to raise the point in regards to her lying since she came back that was mentioned earlier on (and this is a reason not an excuse). If you cast your minds back, there was an episode shortly after Miles found out that Kane had gotten in touch with her where he was confiding in Irene at the Den. Whilst trying to get him to see things from Kirsty’s perspective she used the argument that she was like this because in a way it was kind of forced due to the strong hold Kane had over her. She had been lying ever since she had been in school. She lied to her family because of what he did to Dani, she was on the run for three years constantly lying about her identity, so in effect she had become so used to lying it was almost like second nature to her.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect that people don’t like Kirsty and I’m not going to try and convert anybody but I just want to raise the point in regards to her lying since she came back that was mentioned earlier on (and this is a reason not an excuse). If you cast your minds back, there was an episode shortly after Miles found out that Kane had gotten in touch with her where he was confiding in Irene at the Den. Whilst trying to get him to see things from Kirsty’s perspective she used the argument that she was like this because in a way it was kind of forced due to the strong hold Kane had over her. She had been lying ever since she had been in school. She lied to her family because of what he did to Dani, she was on the run for three years constantly lying about her identity, so in effect she had become so used to lying it was almost like second nature to her.

Kane may of had a hold on Kirsty,But she has a tongue. Kirsty is her own person. She chose to keep lying even after Kane went to jail. All she has done is lied.

I don't like the way that she is spending so much time at the hospital with Kane. She is with Miles now. If she loves Miles like she says,then she would be with him. NOT WITH KANE.

Kane may of had a hold on Kirsty,But she has a tongue. Kirsty is her own person. She chose to keep lying even after Kane went to jail. All she has done is lied.

I don't like the way that she is spending so much time at the hospital with Kane. She is with Miles now. If she loves Miles like she says,then she would be with him. NOT WITH KANE.

Well Kane is Olly's father and Kirsty will always have feelings for him they have been together for 7 years thats a long time and she still cares for him

i would be doing the same thing if that happend to my ex i wouldnt be al like im not going to see him because im with someone else now that would be heartless

but saying that its home and away and things happen fast i bet Martha will be dating someone next week

To me, if Kirsty chose Miles it would be very true to form. She's always been a selfish character. If she chose a man she's known for a few months over her husband and "soulmate" of a few years, whom she also has a child with it would have been more of it. She said she was in love with both men, so the clear and obvious choice was her husband so her family could be maintained. She has caused Miles nothing but grief so the best thing for him was for her to go with Kane.

Edited by Mistified

To me, if Kirsty chose Miles it would be very true to form. She's always been a selfish character. If she chose a man she's known for a few months over her husband and "soulmate" of a few years, whom she also has a child with it would have been more of it. She said she was in love with both men, so the clear and obvious choice was her husband so her family could be maintained. She has caused Miles nothing but grief so the best thing for him was for her to go with Kane.

Actually I think the opposite - I think choosing Kane is the more selfish (but right!) choice. By choosing Kane she is choosing true love over a stable home and family for her son (as well as Jai and Melody, both of whom she's been like a mother to). Obviously it would be nice for Oliver to live with his real father, but in all honesty I think he would have had a more stable lifestyle with Miles. I soooo hope KK work it out though. I really don't think anyone will ever match up to Kane in Kirsty's eyes, despite her feelings for Miles.

Edited by claire_louise

Got to say that I very much agree with the 'middle-aged' comments. I miss the old Kirsty!!! I do still love her but I think it may be mostly down to old loyalties.

As for this recent storyline, I quite like the idea of it but not a fan of the execution. It's very abrupt and considering their long & comnplicated past, the whole KK reunion has been lucklustre. And MK isn't really sparking either.

As for the decsion, I'm in two minds about this. Ultimately I'm a KK fan but it's just not feasible to have KK together atm. Sam wasnt to direct, Christie wants to act. Therefore I would prefer her to be with Miles. They're a sweet family unit and the pairing beats Miles & Leah hands down (I dread the day that rears it's ugly head).

Yes she could go off and be with Kane and live happily ever after but then what was the point of bringing them back? Screw with the couple and their individual characters and then send them on their way? No thanks. I would be mighty miffed with that. That would be akin to when they brought Chloe back and then promptly killed her off.

As for the decsion, I'm in two minds about this. Ultimately I'm a KK fan but it's just not feasible to have KK together atm. Sam wasnt to direct, Christie wants to act. Therefore I would prefer her to be with Miles. They're a sweet family unit and the pairing beats Miles & Leah hands down (I dread the day that rears it's ugly head).

The thing is, I'd put money on the Leah/Miles relationship happening at some point. The writers rarely leave feelings like that unexplored, and a lot of viewers have expressed enthusiasm about them as a couple. The idea of Sally's brother and best friend falling in love is such a typical soap love story, it's bound to happen. Which means that Miles and Kirsty are never going to last long term - unless we're talking very long term by which time Leah and Miles have either split up or Leah has died, leaving the way for KM to get back together, and for that to happen Christie would have to stick around for at least a year or two...

Let's just say I wouldn't hold out for a happy ending for Kirsty and Miles! (And I will take a breath now :P).

Yes she could go off and be with Kane and live happily ever after but then what was the point of bringing them back? Screw with the couple and their individual characters and then send them on their way? No thanks. I would be mighty miffed with that. That would be akin to when they brought Chloe back and then promptly killed her off.

I agree that there was no point bringing them back just to ruin them, but if they are reunited (for good this time) then I think it was worth it. The original ending with KK going on the run was good, but it always felt like there was unfinished business. Fans wanted Kane to get justice and they wanted the chance to see the baby, so there was every reason for them to come back. Yes they've messed around with the characters, but the whole ethos of KK is that they stick together no matter what, so if that's how it ends up it will be worth it IMO. If not, don't get me started! <_<

Edited by claire_louise

The thing is, I'd put money on the Leah/Miles relationship happening at some point. The writers rarely leave feelings like that unexplored, and a lot of viewers have expressed enthusiasm about them as a couple. The idea of Sally's brother and best friend falling in love is such a typical soap love story, it's bound to happen. Which means that Miles and Kirsty are never going to last long term - unless we're talking very long term by which time Leah and Miles have either split up or Leah has died, leaving the way for KM to get back together, and for that to happen Christie would have to stick around for at least a year or two...

Let's just say I wouldn't hold out for a happy ending for Kirsty and Miles! (And I will take a breath now :P).

I agree that there was no point bringing them back just to ruin them, but if they are reunited (for good this time) then I think it was worth it. The original ending with KK going on the run was good, but it always felt like there was unfinished business. Fans wanted Kane to get justice and they wanted the chance to see the baby, so there was every reason for them to come back. Yes they've messed around with the characters, but the whole ethos of KK is that they stick together no matter what, so if that's how it ends up it will be worth it IMO. If not, don't get me started! <_<

I think its funny that what ever she does people are like she is lying and all that stuff

but people like Belle and Martha cant do anything wrong lol

Why didn't Kirsty just tell the truth for once. That she chose Miles. Kane is so manipultive. Sure Kane is Ollies dad. But couldn't Kane just go and take that job and send money to Kirsty? Ollie needs a stable home life. Not one that is spent on the run from the law and a unsertine fututre.

Why didn't Kirsty just tell the truth for once. That she chose Miles. Kane is so manipultive. Sure Kane is Ollies dad. But couldn't Kane just go and take that job and send money to Kirsty? Ollie needs a stable home life. Not one that is spent on the run from the law and a unsertine fututre.

I think she should have but she didnt want to look stupid i know if someone broke up with me i wouldnt be i love u and i picked you but they were both stupid and Miles should have drove why run he isnt superman

what will happen is Miles and Leah will bond over the v.j thing and Kirsty will come back Jai will want Miles and Kirsty together and Jai will be pissed at Miles and want to move out