Irene Roberts - Lynne McGranger

Cerise

It is interesting! That would be really sad but it could be really emotional. I hope Lynne has a lot of input if they're going down this road - her fight against cancer last time round was pathetic (I know that's harsh but it was). That isn't Lynne's fault as she played the role of a cancer patient fantstically but the writing left something to be desired.

Anyway, it seems there is a lot instore for Irene this year....

Does anyone think they could bring back Chloe's daughter Olivia? I think she'd be in her early teens by now - I really wanted her to stay with Irene after Chloe's death. :(

It could also mean a return of the formiddable Diana Fraser. :devil: Perhaps Olivia runs away from home and we find out she's been abused by Diana so seeks comfort in Irene? Please make this happen writers. :D

• 3 weeks later...

It would be rather random. It would have to be very well written to tie it in with current events and to introduce the Chloe back story to audience members who have never met her.

I would like to see Irene back in the school bursars job. I thought that worked well.

Yeah it would be random actually. I think if enough thought went into it they could make it work though. Perhaps Irene could start feeling lonely and miss having kids around and looking after people? I think it'd be awesome to have Diana Fraser back though. :D

I agree about Irene working at the school again - we rarely see her in the Diner so if she were to work at the school again she'd likely be involved in the show more. Wasn't she fired by Barry Hyde in 2004?

It is interesting! That would be really sad but it could be really emotional. I hope Lynne has a lot of input if they're going down this road - her fight against cancer last time round was pathetic (I know that's harsh but it was). That isn't Lynne's fault as she played the role of a cancer patient fantstically but the writing left something to be desired.

Anyway, it seems there is a lot instore for Irene this year....

Does anyone think they could bring back Chloe's daughter Olivia? I think she'd be in her early teens by now - I really wanted her to stay with Irene after Chloe's death. :(

It could also mean a return of the formiddable Diana Fraser. :devil: Perhaps Olivia runs away from home and we find out she's been abused by Diana so seeks comfort in Irene? Please make this happen writers. :D

But Olivia is overseas with James. Not with Diana.

• 2 weeks later...

But if Olivia is back in the bay then Diana would certainly want to see/visit her granddaughter

This would be an amazing storyline! and bring back roots to the show! Would also give Irene more air time and more confrontations with Diana. Maybe Diana transfers to the hospital in Yabby Creek to be closer to Olivia

I think I would rather see a family member of Irene's show up needing her support or just to see her. I enjoyed the storyline with Nathan (was that his name?) getting out of prison and trying to prove he had changed. I always wanted to see him show up again.

Just give Irene something else to do!

Can I just mention that I loved the scenes with Irene at the engagement party, especially when Heath gave her a compliment (did he call her a babe or something?). Let's face it, when Irene showed up in the 90's she was very much like Cheryl Braxton so it is a shame they don't have many scenes together.