Irene Roberts - Lynne McGranger

Cerise

On 13/11/2016 at 8:00 PM, Luke39 said:

Irene has been way too harsh for a long time. This year I don't know if it is because she has been through alot this year dunno. But she is kinda being a Bit, you know what lol. 

Agreed. This year it has been too much. Not that i'm saying she needs to be Mary Poppins, just a healthy balance.

I think the big thing with Irene is that the writing is inconsistent and there will always be that - if you read interviews with the cast, past and present, Ray Meagher, Debra Lawrence... they just say they have a quiet word or just tweak it until it's in character. I really have the feeling that Lynne McGranger is worried about her job if she does. 

Look at Irene's scenes during Chris' departure, I felt like she was Irene as she'd have been with Will or Nick. 

There are times she's written right, I think we even got a "Darl" the other day, but they really stand out because she's written so badly the rest of the time.

3 hours ago, c120701 said:

I think the big thing with Irene is that the writing is inconsistent and there will always be that - if you read interviews with the cast, past and present, Ray Meagher, Debra Lawrence... they just say they have a quiet word or just tweak it until it's in character. I really have the feeling that Lynne McGranger is worried about her job if she does. 

Look at Irene's scenes during Chris' departure, I felt like she was Irene as she'd have been with Will or Nick. 

There are times she's written right, I think we even got a "Darl" the other day, but they really stand out because she's written so badly the rest of the time.

I don't think Lynne worried about saying nothing as she she said before she go to PTB before to say ideas. 

I think it's just bad writing on PTB this year with Irene.  

This year Irene has been rather unlikable being harsh and short with people and also petty and hypocritical..

The worst thing is she is so hypocritical in the way she wants Heath and Bianca to work things out and yet she wants Olivia and Hunter to not be together. I just feels like Irene does what the script wants her to do and it doesn't matter what the Character Irene would do. I thought Irene was hypocritical towards Cheryl. Irene once was common like Cheryl and Cheryl never physical abuse her kids like Irene did back in day of being a common alcoholic .

I think I would prefer Irene just to be a supporting character and just be like Lynne if they are not going to write likeable Irene.

I get that character of Irene has been through a lot this year but Irene has just become too unlikable.

• Like 1

On 25 November 2016 at 5:42 AM, j.laur5 said:

This year Irene has been rather unlikable being harsh and short with people and also petty and hypocritical..

The worst thing is she is so hypocritical in the way she wants Heath and Bianca to work things out and yet she wants Olivia and Hunter to not be together. I just feels like Irene does what the script wants her to do and it doesn't matter what the Character Irene would do. I thought Irene was hypocritical towards Cheryl. Irene once was common like Cheryl and Cheryl never physical abuse her kids like Irene did back in day of being a common alcoholic .

I think I would prefer Irene just to be a supporting character and just be like Lynne if they are not going to write likeable Irene.

I get that character of Irene has been through a lot this year but Irene has just become too unlikable.

Good analysis of her at the moment

• 3 weeks later...