Irene Roberts - Lynne McGranger

Cerise

This Is In No Way In Bad Reference To Lynne McGranger's Acting But I'm Just Not Buying This New Storyline With Irene Having This Sexual Abuse Bottled Up For How Many Years???. I have Watched H&A On And Off "Mostly The Old school H&A" For Years And The Last Character You Would Expect Something Like This Would Be Irene I Have Even Gone As Far As To Watch The Old H&A Episodes On YouTube , Metacalf Etc. Purely With Irene Scenes And None Even Attempt To Show That This Character Had Such A Dark Secret Of Abuse Of Any kind Or Even A Bad Upbringing Infact I Found One Episode In 1994 That Suggested She Was Very Close To An Uncle And His Kids (Her Cousins) And Went To A Ranch And Had The Time Of Their Lives Basically Saying She Had A Great Childhood And Teens. Surely That Would Haunt, Bring Her To tears Or Tremors If This Storyline Had Any Background To It , Sorry But The H&A Directors/Writers Haven't Done Their Homework With This, A Very Lazy Storyline In My View That Being Said I Do Like Irene And As One Of The Old School Characters I Hope They Bury This Storyline Very Soon And Save Some Embarrassment For Viewers. 

I have no problem with the abuse storyline because it does match up with her history. The episode just shown in the UK where she talks about marrying Mud when she was too young and her actions was a great tie-in. My main problem is the added secret child aspect because it just smacks of lazy writing. If you wanted to have more of Irene's family then bring in one of her children or grandchildren. I'm not a big fan of recasts but when certain characters haven't been seen in years then it does work, just look at Roo!

I guess one thing I was pissed at was using the actor who played Nathan as a completely new character last year.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Pierced Musie said:

I have no problem with the abuse storyline because it does match up with her history. The episode just shown in the UK where she talks about marrying Mud when she was too young and her actions was a great tie-in. My main problem is the added secret child aspect because it just smacks of lazy writing. If you wanted to have more of Irene's family then bring in one of her children or grandchildren. I'm not a big fan of recasts but when certain characters haven't been seen in years then it does work, just look at Roo!

I guess one thing I was pissed at was using the actor who played Nathan as a completely new character last year.

They Could Do Recasts But That's Just Messy And Doesn't Always Work I mean Look At Neighbours They Did That A lot And It Just Looked Stupid Most The Time Especially Libby Kennedy In Two Weeks She Changed lol I Guess The Roo Recast Worked As Of Course She Went Away And Aged Like In Real Life So It did Work. I Must Admit I Stopped Watching H&A Around 2004 And Started Watching Again , I Don't Think It's Been The Same Since Early 2001 Now With Donald Fisher , Sally Fletcher, Bobby Simpson And The Likes Gone It's A lot Worse Off. Although It's Good To See An Original Like Alf, You Could Argue Irene, Marilyn And Leah Being Originals Or At least The Old School Cast But Even Alf Stewart Is Out Of Place Now Just Like Lou Carpenter In Neighbours Years Ago You Couldn't Imagine Neighbours Without Harold And Lou ...Or Home And Away Without Donald Fisher Or Alf Stewart. Now It's A Miracle Alf Or Lou In Neighbours Getting 2 Scenes Per Episode Or Even Per Week Now Days  Still That's Soap land.

P.S ....I Am From Norfolk, England So I Know Our UK Version Is Like Way Behind The Australian Broadcasts

• 3 weeks later...

This is of Interest on the TV week and  Neighbours FB pages she has engaged the popular Alan Fletcher in a war of words bashing each others shows

In regards to their upcoming biggest show ever

Among her comments

Hopefully this means Australia will be finally free of this ***** Show when its gotten the axe.

Alan returned an insult and her reply

"Typical from a Neghbours actor Un-professional  **** thinking they're tough  I ve seen Bananas tougher than you lot!

As a yank Ill stay Neutral in this Koala Paw fight as I have some feelings for both Summer Bay and Ramsey Street yet I'm very disappointed  with Mr. Fletcher over something Ill post  later.

Lynne also made it clear she doesn't  think much of another EX Neighbours  'Cause she a ****"

13 minutes ago, samdanfan said:

This is of Interest on the TV week and  Neighbours FB pages she has engaged the popular Alan Fletcher in a war of words bashing each others shows

In regards to their upcoming biggest show ever

Among her comments

Hopefully this means Australia will be finally free of this ***** Show when its gotten the axe.

Alan returned an insult and her reply

"Typical from a Neghbours actor Un-professional  **** thinking they're tough  I ve seen Bananas tougher than you lot!

As a yank Ill stay Neutral in this Koala Paw fight as I have some feelings for both Summer Bay and Ramsey Street yet I'm very disappointed  with Mr. Fletcher over something Ill post  later.

Lynne also made it clear she doesn't  think much of another EX Neighbours  'Cause she a ****"

That doesn't sound like it would be Lynne & Alan, at least not taken in the context you've mentioned - as I recall they're old friends and Lynne used to use Fletch for her headshots. 

EDIT: I'm not sure where I got the headshot thing from, so maybe I'm confusing her with someone.

Edited by c120701

9 minutes ago, c120701 said:

That doesn't sound like it would be Lynne & Alan, at least not taken in the context you've mentioned - as I recall they're old friends and Lynne used to use Fletch for her headshots. 

EDIT: I'm not sure where I got the headshot thing from, so maybe I'm confusing her with someone.

Could this be a plot by the shows to create a Feud? between two  popular characters

Edited by samdanfan

The Facebook profiles you're referring to for Alan and Lynne are fake (I know that for a fact), and I'm not even sure why anyone would believe they're real given the comments they're coming out with.

So can we please get back on topic rather than spreading gossip about actors which is false.

• Like 3

Wow mad it seem real as I'm guess now its April fools over there.  If that a fake then IF I was a certain actor I would confront someone for something on TV week. That was out of line.

I too know one actor agent posted for them so yes its easy to be fooled.