Annie Campbell - Charlotte Best

Cerise

Annie Campbell. For such a devoute Christian, she has to be the most UNFORGIVING person in the bay. Any problems or issues that affect her or her religion she is always ready to cast the offender out. Discuss???

Um, examples..?Annie's initial reaction to something she disapproves of is often horror, she sometimes overreacts and chastises a person more severely than they deserve.But I have never known her to hold a grudge or to not forgive someone.

I can't understand why so many people are against Annie. :unsure:

I mean I know she has her flaws - but every character does!

I think right now I like her because she sticks to what she believes in and has a lot of respect for herself and others.

I think Charlotte is doing a great job and am glad the writers are giving her a little more screen time!

I'm actually hoping that she and Xavier will get together, I'm so over the whole Jai/Annie relationship and I think maybe that's what bores me about her.

Annie Campbell. For such a devoute Christian, she has to be the most UNFORGIVING person in the bay. Any problems or issues that affect her or her religion she is always ready to cast the offender out. Discuss???

I wouldn't say she is unforgiving, but she is certainly judgemental which is not very 'Christian.' I respect that she stands up for her beliefs but I hate it when she over-reacts to some situations because it's really insensitive. I don't know if it's the character or how the actress portrays Annie but I have not once warmed to her. She is sweet but is still very naive and always seems to be sulking...I don't know...maybe if they give her more screen time to prove herself...however, I will admit her story with Irene was impressive...

I like that she still sticks up for what she believes in and that they haven't forgotten her background and upbringing. She is a little judgemental but she's still only young and maybe, given time she'll soften a little.

I liked her involvement in the Irene storyline and I can't wait to see what they do with her after she hears Belle's news.

I find it odd when people call her a hypocrite because frankly she's the most consistent character on the show.She has her beliefs and she sticks to them, she doesn't try to force them on others but she's disappointed when she finds their morals aren't as strong as she thought they were and she always supports someone if they need it.

^ I completely agree. Annie is young so she might overreact, but it only because alot of the things she is experiencing are new and unfamiliar. Her beliefs and morals are something that she has had her entire life. I think it is unfair to say she is unforgiving. Take for example when she found out that Belle was on drugs. Sure, she was angry at first and felt betrayed, but she went around to Belle and accepted Belle's apology and has now moved on. She has definitely done a lot of growing up since she's been in the Bay, but I think what she does and how she reacts is totally within character and completely understandible.

She is so sweet!

And I am really looking forward to some kind of relationship developing with Dexter. They seem really quite cute together

• 8 months later...

Back in her own thread, not as an appendage to Jai or Romeo… and it's 8 months since that happened.

It would seem, sadly, that Annie has become at best (no pun intended) a disposable character. Any thoughts of her growing up on H&A now seem a distant hope. H&A is in desperate need of a grounded younger character to provide continuity and balance. I think Annie was the best suited (and the only one of the current cast list) to be able to provide that.

She entered as a girl used to life on a farm. Not exactly a tom-boy, but not a person you’d expect would fall over her own feet, as she did when Romeo came onto the scene (Portent of Doom ?) Annie hadn’t been a clutz before then; didn’t she help her school team win a race on the beach ? There’s also the not so small matter of her being able survive on a farm.

Charlotte has not been appreciated nearly enough, in fact she’s been derided as boring, for her natural acting style, as opposed to the usual overblown alternative. Any soap needs a balance between the two types. She was usually with older actors who played characters in her age group - yet she always held her own, and she was always believable (which is more than can be said for the recent story lines,) and watchable.

On her return from Japan I would have expected most, if not all, of the following to have been part of her return by now: -

She is pondering staying in the bay, or returning to Japan for 6 more months. There has been no hint that the school might need to discuss this with her and Irene. Oh ! I forgot… Gina’s mind is on her fancy-man, and Miles is out of his. But has Irene got no parenting skills left in her locker, especially since she seems to prefer, on balance, that Annie return to Japan ? So why does she only seem to talk with Annie, in snatched conversations, in the new-diner ? Apart that is , for the cliche ridden talk on the beach.

Why no contact with Aden, who Annie was willing to confide in just before her departure to Japan ?

Kissing: what’s this massive deal about them kissing ? Seems to have taken over most of the relationship between them. The 'old' Annie was snogging Dexter after a week or so of their relationship starting. So why is 'new - mature' Annie so hung up on this ? This fixation with R. & A. kissing - is it meant to be a metaphor for something else ? If so, it’s not working. It’s just weird. Or is it meant to be very romantic, as in 19th C. romantic novels ? News for H & A: - it’s the 21st C. That doesn’t just mean that the characters are in the 21st C. - the viewers are too.

Despite the fact that her brother left to join the church, there has been only passing mention of him, as much by Ruby as Annie.

Speaking of the church - does Annie have anything to do with it anymore ? A BIG issue that’s been ignored.

Annie as a character, and Charlotte as an actress, deserve better. Viewers deserve better too.

Edited by idris