Annie Campbell - Charlotte Best

Cerise

I don't see how you can say Annie only sees the bad in people.This is the girl who risked her life to help Jai when Irene and Geoff had dismissed him as a troublemaker, did the same for Reverend Hall when he ran away from hospital, stuck up for Michael when the rest of the town was organising a witch hunt, spent her school holidays nursing Belle through withdrawal and seemingly visited her in rehab more than anyone, offered Irene a shoulder to cry on when she broke up with Lou even after she'd snapped at her and befriended Lucas when he was at a low point despite his feud with Geoff.And I really hope they're not going to rob her of a friend purely for plot convenience, in the same way Ric suddenly started hanging out with Drew instead of Lucas because he needed someone to talk to.

Actually I believe you are right.

She also helped Melody so I suppose she is very caring to everyone but I just don't like how she is opionated.

Sometimes her opinions are a bit thoughtless and rude such as the one of Charlie being a lesbian. However that's over now as Joey isn't coming back.

Edited by john003au
SPAG

I might be in the minority here but I like her. I like that she's held onto her beliefs even though her life has changed so much over the last couple of years. Her and Jai are nice together and I like that they are one of the few couples that are more or less trouble free, at the moment. Her friendship with Belle is very enjoyable and even when many people walked away from her when she hit rock bottom, Annie stuck by her.

It's interesting because I actually think Annie lifts the mood when she's around.I always smile when she's on screen.I guess it's just a matter of personal taste.

As for her being friend with Ruby and Nicole, what could her and Nicole have in common?

Well, sometimes having nothing in common is a good basis for a friendship.A scene between two people who are different is always going to be more interesting than a scene between two people who are the same.

I note from the Spoilers ( the official ones :P ) that have come out today that Annie becomes involved in the alcoholic breakdown of Irene in such a way that their relationship is "fractured". I look forward to this as it will finally give Charlotte a storyline with a bit of substance so that we can see her talent. Obviously she will frown a lot but I suspect that will be because of the nature of the storyline.

Hmm, hope whatever it is doesn't give ammunition to the "judgemental and opionated" argument.

Actually, thinking about Irene's past behaviour, it might involve her being violent towards Annie.That'd be an interesting development, especially seeing as how Annie's grandfather was...not exactly violent towards her but certainly something of a disciplinarian.

I'm sure all the open minded board members will be watching to see how Annie handles the new storylines which are coming her way.

I'm just please that the writers have remembered that she exists. Someone is paying attention to her wardrobe, she is starting to interract with other cast members such as Belle and Kirsty and we are beginning to see her beginning to "test" her beliefs in situations in the real world.

If she becomes involved in the Irene storyline then she will take another step in character development.

• 2 weeks later...