Colleen Smart - Lyn Collingwood

Cerise

Sometimes I really enjoy her comic stuff, but damn. This woman get on my nerves. Sorry but I don't want her in Summer Bay anymore. I hope she will going to ... whatever, but she isn't that funny, that she was years before and this annoying stuff with Elijah this season was the point of me, to really dislike her.

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER
SPAG

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I adore Colleen. She's by far my favourite oldie and probably always will be. Every soap needs a character that can just put a smile on your face every time she has a scene and Lyn Collingwood does it naturally. I have to admit. I haven't liked her as much as I did when Max was on the show. That was probably my favourite friendship of the entire show and here is why. :lol:

I've never really liked Colleen.Sometimes she can be genuinely funny but a lot of the time she's just plain nasty, such as making snide remarks about Leah, probably the person she's closest to, being pregnant when she wasn't married.Most of the time I wonder why everyone in Summer Bay seems so tolerant of her.

I've never really liked Colleen.Sometimes she can be genuinely funny but a lot of the time she's just plain nasty, such as making snide remarks about Leah, probably the person she's closest to, being pregnant when she wasn't married.Most of the time I wonder why everyone in Summer Bay seems so tolerant of her.

I'd certainly lose it with her! They all have so much patience.

• 5 months later...

Goodbye, Colleen Smart! :( She had left NZ screens 10 minutes ago. I am gonna miss her. Summer Bay won't be the same without her really!

I think for a character that been around for 12 years and had provided so much comic relief, she deserved a much bigger farewell than what she was given. I was hoping for a nice montage and some old faces :(

• 8 years later...

Colleen is a character thats grown on me over years as one those characters gives show are big influence like all other mainstay characters despite not getting lot huge storylines as used be rather indifferent too Colleen. 

I think Colleen could better written character if PTB had put more effort into her character as unfortunately her character was just too silly and even more silly form around 2004.

Lyn Collingwood i think was fine actress when she was  given something decent to work with  like her breast cancer storyline and her long lost daughter and episode when they thought Alf and Colleen were getting married was one of most funny episodes ever and i really think actors were generally laughing in episode. 

Colleen was decent lady deep down but she had her manly flaws such as Colleen could be  bully at times   giving people hard time like Gypsy and Marilyn in 2010    and not caring about people feelings and spreading rumors   about people.

On 12/06/2020 at 02:02, j.laur5 said:

Colleen could be  bully at times   giving people hard time like Gypsy

She definitely had it in for Gypsy. I remember that. For the most part Gyps gave as good as she got though. I think it was only shown to really upset her on one occasion.

Edited by Sally Keating