Geoff Campbell - Lincoln Lewis

Eli

Yes I thought Geoff should have had a bigger departure scene, it was like they bundled him out rudely! If Geoff didn't want a big scene, he could have said goodbye separately to the others.

I've written what I thought of Geoff in the Latest UK episode thread unfortunately, didn't think of writing it here.

Basically I never really liked him but thought he was a very original character, very unusual considering the other characters who were around when he first turned up i.e. 'normal' teenage lads. There will be a gap where he used to be.

I don't think Lincoln was just playing himself: I got the idea that Lincoln is a bit of a womaniser type isn't he? I wouldn't say Geoff was a womaniser :lol:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ But isn't leaving on a bus and a low key kind of thing very traditional for H&A ? (usually seen when the younger generation go away to college)

I remember quite a few characters leaving in that way, it may be boring but its sometimes very effective. Lucas left the same way and I thought his was even lower key than Geoff's departure with Mattie and Tony dropping him off and saying 2 words then driving off again. Steven's departure from the show all those years ago on the bus was a lot more emotional and powerful than the ones they pull off today.

If I was a Geoff fan I guess I'd be rather annoyed at such a low key exit but to be honest he isn't as much of a key character anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I was so disappointed with his exit and even more so that he didnt get a goodbye with Nicole (I guess thats just the Niff fan in me hoping for one last moment). It just felt so rushed and like they couldnt get rid of him quick enough. I did like the idea of Geoff going back to his faith and wanting to become a missionary but I felt tying it all up in like what, 2 episodes was just far to quick.

I guess the only good thing about his departure was it meant the end of Ruff. :)

I was so disappointed with his exit and even more so that he didnt get a goodbye with Nicole (I guess thats just the Niff fan in me hoping for one last moment). It just felt so rushed and like they couldnt get rid of him quick enough. I did like the idea of Geoff going back to his faith and wanting to become a missionary but I felt tying it all up in like what, 2 episodes was just far to quick.

I guess the only good thing about his departure was it meant the end of Ruff. :)

Yeah I thought it was weird that he didn't say goodbye to Nicole, or anyone else for that matter.

I agree that Geoff's departure was a good idea but came across a bit rushed and abrupt.They had to resort to Irene coming on two episodes later and explaining exactly what it was he was doing which is never a good sign.I do think that the Niff boat had well and truly sailed by that point, it was nearly a year since they'd split up and a big farewell scene wouldn't have worked.But I did think that maybe they could have included her and a couple of other characters in that "waving goodbye to the bus" scene.I wonder if maybe it was a budget thing, most of the actors seem to be appearing less this year.

• 6 months later...

Lincoln Lewis's acting in Tomorrow When the War Begins is dreadful. Yes, the dialogue in the film is utterly abysmal for all of the characters (particularly Elly) but Lincoln didn't even seem to try to rise above those constraints. Going by TWTWB and H&A, he only seems to be able to act angry/aggro, shocked/bewildered... and shirtless. And his attempt at ocker Australian made me wince.

Edited by CougarCat

Lincoln Lewis's acting in Tomorrow When the War Begins is dreadful. Yes, the dialogue in the film is utterly abysmal for all of the characters (particularly Elly) but Lincoln didn't even seem to try to rise above those constraints. Going by TWTWB and H&A, he only seems to be able to act angry/aggro, shocked/bewildered... and shirtless. And his attempt at ocker Australian made me wince.

One of the funniest / most ridiculous scenes in Home and Away last year was when Xavier walked into the beach house and made a big deal about "catching" Geoff with his shirt off around Ruby. I mean, did Geoff ever have a top on?