Geoff Campbell - Lincoln Lewis

Eli

I really liked the talk he had with Martha.... it let us know that he's not as self centered as some thought him to be after all that not sleeping with people and then jumping straight into bed with Ruby...

on another note... did anyone know that Lincoln Lewis was in the first season of H2O just add water? I've downloaded the first season and am downloading season two as well and I've seen him in 3 episodes of season one so far :)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, i reckon Geoff Campbell is one of the best characters Home And Away has introduced to us. At the start, he didn't seem like much of a character but he progressed and now he has brought us many intriguing storylines and i think most of us(especially the girls) have fallen head over heals for Geoff's good looks (i'm one of them :wub: ) Overall Geoff is always the character i like to see in storylines as Lincoln Lewis' acting is brilliant (and im not just saying that because i'm in love with him). Where would we be without Geoff?! :D

^ How did I know you would be in this thread tonight, Sez? :P

So, I've said a lot of stuff in the Aus. Discussion thread but I want to add that at times when people have said that they thought they were watching Lincoln as opposed to Geoff, I was inclined to agree (sometimes). But tonight, it was just so - eep! - so good. It was definitely Geoff I was watching and making grabby hands at, and really hating to see him get on that bus but also feeling kind of - proud? Because, yeah, this whole ending, while it's been fast, has just been so right and I couldn't have imagined it any other way.

I really liked Geoff from the start, and think that his down points were in the middle where he got involved with Nicole and then Claudia. That whole debacle is something I would rather forget. But he's definitely gone out on a high, so I'm happy about that.

There's a farewell video on the OS, and it looks like it was filmed at the same time as the Rebecca/Lincoln video, so yeah. It's short and sweet and definitely worth a look :P.

Both Geoff and Annie are really unique characters, and it'll be interesting to see

how Annie will change when she comes back and Geoff is no longer around

I really don't know what to make of Geoff's departure, it left me with very mixed feelings.I loved the idea but I wasn't too keen on the execution.Leaving to be a missionary was a perfect choice for him to make, getting back on the road to being a minister which is what he always wanted.Yes, he did, there was no moment when he turned round and said "I've decided I'm not going to be a minister anymore", any more than there was a moment when he announced he wasn't a Christian.At least that's the way I see him.But viewing that last episode I felt that neither the writers nor the characters agreed with me.

I never bought into the theory that Geoff had ceased to exist and Lincoln was just playing himself.To me he was always Geoff:naive, quick to judge but willing to forgive, not quite in touch with teenage life, easily distracted by a pretty face.He wasn't the same person as he was when he joined, but then how many people are the same as they were when they were 16 when they're nearly 19?He did things that the 16-year-old Geoff would never have contemplated but it always felt in character to me, more or less, albeit with having to do a lot of rationalising myself that the show didn't seem willing to do for me.(And I know I'm very much in the minority but I was annoyed that they didn't follow through on the Claudia storyline:Someone as straight-laced as Geoff dealing with a pregnant girlfriend, becoming a father at a young age and having to reassess his life was a brilliant idea which they totally threw away by having her announce the baby isn't his, without ever mentioning how she knows, and leave town.)

But it seemed as though the writers bought into their own critics and had Geoff suddenly announce that he wasn't himself anymore.And I'm not sure what he was supposed to mean when he said that.The script seemed to imply he simply meant since the riots but apart from the fact he shouted at Ruby a bit more(and I'd shout at her too frankly but that's another discussion...)and tried to start a fight with a guy who should be locked up, I didn't see any difference between the before and after.When is he supposed to have stopped being Geoff?When he dropped out of school, when Belle died, when he was with Claudia, when he was with Nicole?Never mind, because he's going to leave town and go and live in a hostel in the city for no apparent reason.It should have been played out over more than one episode and maybe actually given him something concrete to go to instead of an arbitrary "I've made my choice."

It feels like he ended up in the right place but got there by the wrong path.It shouldn't have been about him being a bit more bad-tempered than he used to be.It shouldn't have been about him supposedly acting out of character when he wasn't doing anything of the sort.It should have been about him realising that he'd lost direction in his life, that he'd just been coasting ever since he dropped out of school and that he needed to get back on track, not with regards his present but with regards his future.It wasn't the person he was that was the problem, he had never stopped being Geoff, it was the person he was refusing to become and needed to.I'm glad his story ended the way he did, I just wish they hadn't felt the need to rubbish the rest of it in the process.

I really don't know what to make of Geoff's departure, it left me with very mixed feelings.I loved the idea but I wasn't too keen on the execution.Leaving to be a missionary was a perfect choice for him to make, getting back on the road to being a minister which is what he always wanted.Yes, he did, there was no moment when he turned round and said "I've decided I'm not going to be a minister anymore", any more than there was a moment when he announced he wasn't a Christian.At least that's the way I see him.But viewing that last episode I felt that neither the writers nor the characters agreed with me.

I never bought into the theory that Geoff had ceased to exist and Lincoln was just playing himself.To me he was always Geoff:naive, quick to judge but willing to forgive, not quite in touch with teenage life, easily distracted by a pretty face.He wasn't the same person as he was when he joined, but then how many people are the same as they were when they were 16 when they're nearly 19?He did things that the 16-year-old Geoff would never have contemplated but it always felt in character to me, more or less, albeit with having to do a lot of rationalising myself that the show didn't seem willing to do for me.(And I know I'm very much in the minority but I was annoyed that they didn't follow through on the Claudia storyline:Someone as straight-laced as Geoff dealing with a pregnant girlfriend, becoming a father at a young age and having to reassess his life was a brilliant idea which they totally threw away by having her announce the baby isn't his, without ever mentioning how she knows, and leave town.)

But it seemed as though the writers bought into their own critics and had Geoff suddenly announce that he wasn't himself anymore.And I'm not sure what he was supposed to mean when he said that.The script seemed to imply he simply meant since the riots but apart from the fact he shouted at Ruby a bit more(and I'd shout at her too frankly but that's another discussion...)and tried to start a fight with a guy who should be locked up, I didn't see any difference between the before and after.When is he supposed to have stopped being Geoff?When he dropped out of school, when Belle died, when he was with Claudia, when he was with Nicole?Never mind, because he's going to leave town and go and live in a hostel in the city for no apparent reason.It should have been played out over more than one episode and maybe actually given him something concrete to go to instead of an arbitrary "I've made my choice."

It feels like he ended up in the right place but got there by the wrong path.It shouldn't have been about him being a bit more bad-tempered than he used to be.It shouldn't have been about him supposedly acting out of character when he wasn't doing anything of the sort.It should have been about him realising that he'd lost direction in his life, that he'd just been coasting ever since he dropped out of school and that he needed to get back on track, not with regards his present but with regards his future.It wasn't the person he was that was the problem, he had never stopped being Geoff, it was the person he was refusing to become and needed to.I'm glad his story ended the way he did, I just wish they hadn't felt the need to rubbish the rest of it in the process.

Yepp, agree. I tried to say something like this under the spoiler tread

in the Rachel and Tony leaving tread

. But I think that I probably did not explain myself that well, I mentioned that I thought his departure was bad and you thought that I wanted him to have a big farewell party, but I just wanted his leaving storyline to be explained and fleshed out more, just like you have said here. :rolleyes:

. But I think that I probably did not explain myself that well, I mentioned that I thought his departure was bad and you thought that I wanted him to have a big farewell party, but I just wanted his leaving storyline to be explained and fleshed out more, just like you have said here. :rolleyes:

Sorry if I misunderstood you, I thought you were saying he should have either had a bigger farewell scene or more farewell scenes with other people, whereas I thought that aspect of it was handled okay. It was an odd episode, it felt like most of the right ingredients were there but the script badly needed another draft and was rushed into production too soon.They needed to come up with a better reason for him deciding to become a missionary and any reason for him to have to leave that afternoon.It just felt a bit abrupt.

Sorry if I misunderstood you, I thought you were saying he should have either had a bigger farewell scene or more farewell scenes with other people, whereas I thought that aspect of it was handled okay. It was an odd episode, it felt like most of the right ingredients were there but the script badly needed another draft and was rushed into production too soon.They needed to come up with a better reason for him deciding to become a missionary and any reason for him to have to leave that afternoon.It just felt a bit abrupt.

yepp. It felt like they wanted to get rid of him as quick as possible!

Edited by jodlebirger