Geoff Campbell - Lincoln Lewis

Eli

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Geoff at the moment, and I wouldn't mind if he got together with Ruby, because I'm pretty sure she's one of my favourites at the moment. But I think they should wait a while until Geoff and Ruby get together, out of respect for Xavier, because he didn't do anything to deserve what's happening to him.

• 1 month later...

I just had to come here and say, that I am extremely disappointed, how Geoff has developed on the show.

I actually wasn't a fan of Geoff even before, but it made sense to have a character on the show, who portrayed different view points than other teens and held different, strong values. We had Geoff choosing the gf who held same kind of moral stand over "the hottie". We saw him struggle when Annie was questioning their beliefs. Then he got into a relationship with Nic, but insisted on not having sexual relationship, even though he had had sex with her already. After their break up, well next week he sleeps with the first girl he lays his eyes on, and now he cant wait to sleep with Ruby. No religion is being mentioned any more, no moral stands. It's like we have a totally different character on the show now.

He broke up with Nic, because of the brach from his home farm, and what it stands for. Now I'd like him to present similar thing to Ruby, or it would have been nice to see similar issues being talked about with the pregnant girl. But no. It's like he never stood behind those vies or ideas

I am sad they changed him so much, now he is no different to any other teens, and is actually kind of.. bland and boring.

I just had to come here and say, that I am extremely disappointed, how Geoff has developed on the show.

I actually wasn't a fan of Geoff even before, but it made sense to have a character on the show, who portrayed different view points than other teens and held different, strong values. We had Geoff choosing the gf who held same kind of moral stand over "the hottie". We saw him struggle when Annie was questioning their beliefs. Then he got into a relationship with Nic, but insisted on not having sexual relationship, even though he had had sex with her already. After their break up, well next week he sleeps with the first girl he lays his eyes on, and now he cant wait to sleep with Ruby. No religion is being mentioned any more, no moral stands. It's like we have a totally different character on the show now.

He broke up with Nic, because of the brach from his home farm, and what it stands for. Now I'd like him to present similar thing to Ruby, or it would have been nice to see similar issues being talked about with the pregnant girl. But no. It's like he never stood behind those vies or ideas

I am sad they changed him so much, now he is no different to any other teens, and is actually kind of.. bland and boring.

I agree completely. I'm not particularly big on religion or morals :lol: but some of my friends from school were, and it would be nice for kids like that to see a character stand up for their beliefs. In fact, one of my friends is so pretty and always got lots of attention from boys, but none of them got anywhere because she stuck to her beliefs. It would've been nice to see that in Geoff, as he's pretty attractive and could've had attention from girls without immediately turning into a whore (exaggeration, I know :lol: )

• 1 month later...

I like how Geoff is atm, he's very caring and loving (minus the sex lol). I agree with both mokashin and alreetlike in regards to the 'I dont want a sexual relationship, but I'm gonna sleep with you anyway" sorta thing :lol:

But the character itself is very good, I love how Lincoln Lewis portrays him and the scenes from Claudia and the pregancy really bought him out of his shell (feelings wise).

Edited by rockstarrr08

I like Geoff and I hope I'll always continue to do so.I find it ironic that the two of his relationships that I like are the two that a lot of people hated:Melody and Claudia.I think in both cases the character and relationship were dropped far too early and they brought out an interesting side of Geoff's character which seemed to disappear with them.I quite liked him and Nicole but never really shook the feeling they should swap partners with Aden and Belle.(Yes, folks, Geoff was the one person who stayed with Belle and gave her the support she needed and wanted after finding out about her cancer.I feel vindicated.)And I really can't muster much interest in him and Ruby at the moment aside from the odd scenes here and there, although I'm hoping he'll manage to keep her in line instead of being too placid like he normally is.

I don't mind the changes his character has undergone.Some people call him a hypocrite and that's hard to argue with.Others call it peer pressure and that's even harder to argue with.But I think it's a natural and logical result of being around people who hold different views on things that he's just accepted without question in the past.He could dogmatically stick to what he believes but I'm not going to criticise someone for being open to the fact they could be wrong.I do agree that they should address the change in his character more though, and emphasise that he still has his beliefs even though his attitude to many things has changed, perhaps actually follow up on all those scenes of Annie being astonished that he's behaving in a different way to what she's used to.(Wonder if we'll ever see a reaction from her to the fact that he's combined his habits of sleeping with girls and dating her best friend...)

I don't agree that he's just like every other boy on the show.The differences are less pronounced but he's still there.He's more kind-hearted than a lot of the other characters, more naive and more willing to question things people his age accept without question.He does seem to be a lot more aggressive than he used to be, quick to resort to warning someone off when he feels they're causing trouble for someone he cares about and he's more than willing to punch someone back these days as he showed with Lachie and Aden.And he does sometimes overstep the mark completely, as when he attacked Liam at Belle's funeral which I wish someone had pulled him up on more.But I think his heart's still in the right place

and I think I'll miss him when he's gone

• 1 month later...

He's my favourite ^_^. I've always kind of had a soft spot for Geoff, but really tonight, just made me have big heart eyes the entire time.

One of the things I adore about Geoff's character is his pronounce conscience. Tonight, his conversation with Martha really hit home, that he wasn't thinking about himself, rather the feeling of helplessness towards Leah and Ruby and Irene etc. Although there have been times when I think the writer's have messed with his character to make Geoff seem a bit more "cooler" or more like the other teens. Maybe rushing into sleeping with Ruby was one of those things, especially when he was so adament about it for so long. But I really feel like he has come full circle. He's not thinking about himself. Sure, he hates his scar, but I think it is more than just the physical. Like it's a reminder of the fact that some people do bad things, and I think that is something Geoff might be struggling to understand. The Geoff/Martha conversation is one of my favourite scenes of the year so far. I always forget that he met her first, and she is the one that still has the link to the farm, so it makes sense that he would talk to her about being lost and hurt and afraid.

I've seen people comment about how he may not be Geoff, but more like Lincoln. Tonight, he was undoubtably Geoff. Through and through.

And I may or may not have squealed out loud at "I think I can live without being cooped up with Aden inside a shop. The trawler was bad enough." ^_^ Again. Favourites. I said this in Australian Discussion, but I'll say it again. I want tons of Geoff/Aden hurt/comfort fic. Like, yesterday.

I agree with Jen completely, when he was talking to Martha he just showed warmth and compassion regarding the

diner fire

. He didnt even care about himself, he cared about everyone involved and how they are dealing with it.

I hope that when

he leaves

they will take him back to where Geoff started at the beginning, a kind gentle, warm guy.

PS: I hope I did the spoiler thing right :), also Jen, that Gaden comment made my heart jump lol.

I hope that when

he leaves

they will take him back to where Geoff started at the beginning, a kind gentle, warm guy.

Gosh, I hope so too. Although, with the way things are going I have high hopes for this storyline.

I hope that when he leaves they do go down the road of him going back to the church.

That would pretty much make my life :). At the moment you can see that he is totally lost and something is obviously missing. Maybe going back to his faith would help him get through. *crosses fingers*